OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 92  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2015, 21:16 
Super User

SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!

Guys i was so lucky... i opened ittv just by chance and got exactly on the 1st point of Joo vs Kim :) :) :)

Epic match to see... Joo made quite many attacking mistakes (a lot with pimples and some with forehand), expecially on 1-1 he was 9-7 with service and missed 2 easy attacks... but it was for the greater good of the show because thanks to that we got to see the battle to win the set :lol:

I must say, great mentality from Kim (great recovery), but maybe even better from Joo and above all he showed his immense experience... in the open fights when Kim got the rithm he almos always got the point, but joo was always able to change the game to mix things up and force mistakes and make the opponent loose confidence.

I'm now going to check the previous match against steffen Mengel... that must have been another battle

Too bad i won't be able to follow the semifinals (and hopefully the final...), 'cause it's about 5 am in my local time and tomorrow i have a long tournament to play myself

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2015, 21:40 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
RevanII wrote:
SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!

Guys i was so lucky... i opened ittv just by chance and got exactly on the 1st point of Joo vs Kim :) :) :)

Epic match to see... Joo made quite many attacking mistakes (a lot with pimples and some with forehand), expecially on 1-1 he was 9-7 with service and missed 2 easy attacks... but it was for the greater good of the show because thanks to that we got to see the battle to win the set :lol:

I must say, great mentality from Kim (great recovery), but maybe even better from Joo and above all he showed his immense experience... in the open fights when Kim got the rithm he almos always got the point, but joo was always able to change the game to mix things up and force mistakes and make the opponent loose confidence.

I'm now going to check the previous match against steffen Mengel... that must have been another battle

Too bad i won't be able to follow the semifinals (and hopefully the final...), 'cause it's about 5 am in my local time and tomorrow i have a long tournament to play myself

Funny. I watched the game against Mengel and as soon as that was over the game against Kim begun. :D

The videos will be uploaded to the ITTF website, so don't spoil it for yourself and watch them as soon as you get home. Hope you have a good tournament.

Tomorrow he will play Niwa and in normal corciumstances he should be able to reach the final. He might win this Korea Open.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2015, 22:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
manofan wrote:

Wow, those are awesome pictures... classic Joo! :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 00:14 
Super User

Lorre wrote:

Funny. I watched the game against Mengel and as soon as that was over the game against Kim begun. :D

The videos will be uploaded to the ITTF website, so don't spoil it for yourself and watch them as soon as you get home. Hope you have a good tournament.

Tomorrow he will play Niwa and in normal corciumstances he should be able to reach the final. He might win this Korea Open.

:D :D :D

Yes of course i know ;) Thanks a lot btw, i feel great theese last days, so i guess i'll just loose quickly in the first rounds :lol:

Yes, i also think Niwa is one of the weakest vs defence opponents among over 50 in the world players... but never say never!
Honestly, i don't know which of the 2 koreans in the other semifinals would be best for Joo to play against in the final...

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 01:32 
Joo Too
Joo Too

RevanII wrote:
Lorre wrote:

:D :D :D

Yes of course i know ;) Thanks a lot btw, i feel great theese last days, so i guess i'll just loose quickly in the first rounds :lol:

Yes, i also think Niwa is one of the weakest vs defence opponents among over 50 in the world players... but never say never!
Honestly, i don't know which of the 2 koreans in the other semifinals would be best for Joo to play against in the final...

He beat Jung in the encounter I found on Youtube dating from the end of 2011. Closely. Hopefully he encounters the least experienced one. :D
He also states on the ITTF website the trains a lot with Kim. So defenders can win against practice partners...

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 04:45 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Last edited by Lorre on 06 Jul 2015, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 13:52 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
YES hes in the final...
Joo 4 x 0 Koki niwa...

:party: :party: :party:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 13:59 
Comeback Chopper

manofan wrote:
YES hes in the final...
Joo 4 x 0 Koki niwa...

It is so exciting to see Joo in a finals. I think that it has been 3 years since he last reached the finals, in Chile. It is amazing to see how fast he still moves.

Here in the eastern US it is about 12:30am. I'll have to sleep for 2 1/2 hours, set the alarm for a little before 3:00am, and then watch the finals live.

Steven

--------------
Returned to table tennis September 2011
Canada National Team Member, 1973-1975
--------------
1972-1987
Brickell Balsa/Birch 3-ply Blade
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm
Joola Toni Hold AntiTopspin 2.5mm

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 14:17 

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Not Chile...
HERE IN BRASIL...
and he didnt win cause korea need that Oh win so they can have a 2 place overall to reach the final with china in the olimpics, and so they did...

YES HE CAN... hahhahah
i think that joo can win this Pro Tour.
He deserve it...

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 16:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
manofan wrote:
YES hes in the final...
Joo 4 x 0 Koki niwa...

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 17:39 
Comeback Chopper

manofan wrote:
Not Chile...
HERE IN BRASIL...
and he didnt win cause korea need that Oh win so they can have a 2 place overall to reach the final with china in the olimpics, and so they did...

YES HE CAN... hahhahah
i think that joo can win this Pro Tour.
He deserve it...

manofan,

I am sorry about the mistake. I watched that match between Joo and Oh while I was staying in a hotel in Gangnam (the famous neighbourhood in Seoul). I didn't know the circumstances behind that match, so I was disappointed in Joo's loss.

Mentioning the Olympics, if Joo is selected to participated in the 2016 Olympics, it is more likely that I will look into the possible of coming to Rio for the Olympics. I would very much like to see Joo playing table tennis before he retires

Steven

--------------
Returned to table tennis September 2011
Canada National Team Member, 1973-1975
--------------
1972-1987
Brickell Balsa/Birch 3-ply Blade
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm
Joola Toni Hold AntiTopspin 2.5mm

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 18:47 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
s*** he lost. :headbang:

He looked tired. :(

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 19:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
brokkie wrote:
s*** he lost. :headbang:

He looked tired. :(

I agree, slow and tired... :(

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2015, 20:33 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Tired? I disagree. I think Jung used all of the anti-defence tricks in the book.

He was consistent, he read the pimples without fail.

In the first 2 ends especially Joo lost nearly all of his points on his forehand chop, which is usually his most consistent shot - even moreso than his pimples chop, in my opinion. Also, most of his LP chops were short. I think that's because Jung just didn't give him the huge spin/speed Joo is used to. Watch Joo's game vs Mengel - he chops on the white line on at least 75% of his shots.

Later on, when Joo started to attack more, Jung was more than ready for it. Joo won a few points with his forehand but more often than not Jung blocked well enough to keep Joo on the defensive - Joo would blast a few forehands but then when Jung kept them on and kept him pinned into his backhand, Joo would return to chopping for Jung to take the initiative.

I'm absolutely gutted that Joo didn't win but Jung played him very well. I suspect Jung has "grown up" playing against Joo and many, many defenders like him.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2015, 03:26 
Joo Too
Joo Too

I just watched the game. He had a chance to win this Korea Open. So it's certainly a missed opportunity. Again. ;(

I think he started the game with the gameplan to defend all the way (not a bad idea against someone who doesn't use his legs a lot when playing), including on his FH. That turned out good the first set, so why not try it the second set? That turned out into a disaster and starting from the third set we saw some attacking play. He won that game. He lost the fourth one and the fifth one closely.

Seeing the score is quite frustrating: 9-11, 1-11, 11-9, 9-11 & 8-11. Jung might have pulled all anti-defensive trick out of his sleeve, but that score indicates Joo really had a chance to win this game. IMO the absence of his attacking play was the cause he didn't have a real chance to win the game.

So the question is why didn't he attack a lot? Tactical considerations, stress, (begnning) injury? We'll never know.

My experience as being a fan of Joo: he loses a lot of games because he doesn't attack enough. Sometimes he attacks a lot and other times almost never and it's mostly not a tactical consideration. I think the cause of that instability is the cause of him losing today.

Jung played great, but a good and experienced Joo should have beaten him.

Thinking about it: he might have been tired, not because of all the games he had to play, but because of the illness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 92  Next