OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 02:08 
Super User

Beta wrote:
..... I respectfully disagree with the people that found Cloud & Fog III's pips 'flexible' or 'good for attacking'. I can definitively state that the pips are very firm, .....

Not sure if DHS has changed the pips or there are just variations in batches (poor QC). Many years ago, when I started to play LP's, I have one C&F3 on 1.0 sponge and the pips were very soft (and grippy). I also remembered seeing one on a clubmate's paddle and those pips were soft too. Recently I bought another C&F3 OX (just because I needed another item to make free shipping), the pips on this LP are quite stiff.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 02:19 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I can't offer experience on DHS LP but I am very familiar with DHS SP, and certainly it's the case with 651 and 652, and even Dragonow, that there are batches *with* the LARC number on and batches without the LARC number. There is a significant difference between them. Perhaps this is true for C&F3?

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 02:22 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I read somewhere few months ago that C&F III is no longer listed in LARC and therefore is no longer legal...

Can someone confirm/deny?

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 05:23 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
pgpg wrote:
I read somewhere few months ago that C&F III is no longer listed in LARC and therefore is no longer legal...
I

USA Retailer Paddle Palace is the distributor for DHS. They use to sell this product but not now, probably no longer ITTF approved. They sell the following long pips.

https://www.paddlepalace.com/DHS-C8/productinfo/RCC8A/

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 06:20 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
pgpg wrote:

It appears to be reinstated:

http://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/05/LARC-2019A-FINAL.pdf

I used to use C&F III ten years ago. The pips were definitely soft. A tad less soft than DTecs.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 10:02 

I usually like soft pips (Viper) but have been trying out hard pips. C&F3 ox is medium hard. Harder ones I've recently tried are Meteorite and C8 (extremely hard).

USATT- 1832

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2019, 04:36 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
Lorre wrote:
pgpg wrote:

It appears to be reinstated:

http://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/05/LARC-2019A-FINAL.pdf

I used to use C&F III ten years ago. The pips were definitely soft. A tad less soft than DTecs.

It appears there are 3 versions now, #53 Cloud and Fog, #28 Cloud and Fog II and #29 Cloud and Fog III. So I guess we have choices, anyone know the difference between the 3 versions?

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2020, 21:40 

Blade: Baricade
FH: Butterfly Super Anti
BH: Lion International
OK. So I've been dormant for a long while from this awesome site. Viewed plenty but have not commented.

I have a few combinations of long pips on various blades of which 1 is the cloud and fog iii ox. This is on a viscaria copy blade. I last used this before Covid kicked in but I had a 2 hour hit with it again last night.

To me this blade can do everything but with various degrees of effectiveness from being passive in blocking, being a chopper or attacking. My style covers all these aspects since I always want varied options that I can go to in matches when needed.

I play predominantly with the long pips on my forehand 75% of the time in a set. I've tried over the years to model my forehand stroke to play similarly with either pips or inverted. I'll send a video one day explaining what I mean.

To me, this rubber really excels in zone 2 where I can rally with this pip from my forehand. It is brilliant for hitting down the line from the forehand side or going extremely wide cross court. For me it is especially good when the opponent does a light Topspin or rally and I can then dominate the rally. 3 to 4 shots in the rally usually wins the point.

I have 3 setups that I absolutely enjoy and this certainly is one of them.