OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 21:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019, 07:34 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: Grubba ALL+
FH: Reflectoid 1mm
BH: DG ox, TM ox
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
BT > 388D1 > DG > TM

BT is a little bit faster, but still controllable. I think it's the most disruptive of the four listed above and can execute all the normal shots.

Thanks. I know the knock on it from some of those who've used it recently on the noppen-test.de forum has been susceptibility to underspin. Have you not found that to be the case?

I haven't found that to be an issue.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.
Homer J. Simpson

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019, 11:40 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
How is the tm for a more aggressive hitting game? Can you hit no spin or top spin balls, or only back spin?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019, 12:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC Leo-P
FH: JOOLA Express Ultra
BH: Dr N. Troublemaker OX LP
skilless_slapper wrote:
How is the tm for a more aggressive hitting game? Can you hit no spin or top spin balls, or only back spin?
Works great!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2019, 21:56 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all+
FH: Moristo DF 1.2 :)))
BH: DG ox/Globe 979 ox
mynamenotbob wrote:
BT > 388D1 > DG > TM

BT is a little bit faster, but still controllable. I think it's the most disruptive of the four listed above and can execute all the normal shots.

About these bad boys : BT, 388D1 , Globe 979, Meteorite, Which one is the most durable? We will assume we do not hit with the pips .

I guess 388D1 is the worst of the four . Globe's thin pips might be the option for the second worst.I used -at one point -both BT and Meteorite and I must say the durability was great . Of course, Tm for me lasts a lot .No pips have fallen off yet ; some members here have had poor durability ,though .

TTbuddy might add his two cents here too as he is an 'ardent' defender of BT :lol: :)

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 10:22 
Super User

I have never really had to change my sheets of BT on my two setups in a very long time (I will not say how long! :o ). Besides my TLC :lol: it may also mainly be because I do not play as much as other forum members here do. With these aside, BT in my opinion is a very durable long pimple. I occasionally also play Dawei 388D (not as often as BT for sure). It looks and plays very similar to BT just slower with slightly less friction on the pip tops. Pimple effect on passive blocking with Dawei 388D is just insane! :devil: I have had no durability issue with Dawei 388D too so far. Two great gems for me - BT and Dawei 388D :D

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 15:11 
Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
I have never really had to change my sheets of BT on my two setups in a very long time (I will not say how long! :o ). Besides my TLC :lol: it may also mainly be because I do not play as much as other forum members here do. With these aside, BT in my opinion is a very durable long pimple. I occasionally also play Dawei 388D (not as often as BT for sure). It looks and plays very similar to BT just slower with slightly less friction on the pip tops. Pimple effect on passive blocking with Dawei 388D is just insane! :devil: I have had no durability issue with Dawei 388D too so far. Two great gems for me - BT and Dawei 388D :D

Infact of all the LPs I've used, the 388D lasted the least .. I've used 2 sheets of 388D, and neither lasted for more than 4 months ..

On the other 388D-1, lasted, well over a year ..

Setup 4 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 19:04 
Super User

I have occasionally used Dawei 388D for quite a while now. So far so good with its durability. Lucky me! :)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2019, 15:19 
Super User

Blade: Joola CWX
FH: S&T Secret Flow 2.1
BH: Troublemaker ox
I played yesterday in 2. division tournament that was streamed. Here you can find my first 2 games in the closest table to camera. Both games went to 5. sets. I have black shirt.

MY EQUIPMENT: Joola CWX blade, S&T Secret flow chop 2.1 and Troublemaker ox.

GAME 1: Starts at 54:00 min. The opponent is consistent 2 wing top spin player that lacks finishing power against underspin. Rated at 2036, number 68 in Finland, former number 11 at Finland in year 2004.

https://youtu.be/0xstujjNAI0?t=3241

GAME 1: Starts at 1.54.55. The opponent is consistent roller/pusher/grinder and has good FH smash if ball pops up. Rated at 1860.

https://youtu.be/0xstujjNAI0?t=6885

Last edited by Roy on 17 Nov 2019, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2019, 15:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice Roy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS I've tried to embed the video, but you've got a setting in your youtube that does not allow it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30