OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Ding YaPing
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2008, 08:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I am not sure at all of my facts on this so please don't fuss if I am wrong, just please help.

It is my understanding that 755 was primarily developed for Ding YaPing but not as a chopping rubber. I have only seen one brief video of her play, so am wondering what did she do with it that allowed her such a wonderful degree of success. I know of one Chinese woman who attacks with 837 but I had the impression that YaPing used the 755 more in the style of Ding Song did/does with short pips.

Any videos of her play and/or more detailed informtion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tOD

To any who may not know, Mike Johns, former OZ national coach died last week and the funeral will be next week. He was a good coach and good guy.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2008, 19:08 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi T.O.D.,
I did a fairly thorough search using many techniques and was not able to find anything apart from what you have...

It does seem strange that there are no videos anywhere...perhaps I have missed it one or more somewhere...

I hope someone finds her on video for you...

I did not know Mike Johns...how old was he, I wonder

fosss

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2008, 22:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Thanks for the effort.

Mike was probably in his late fifties. I think He and John Hilton are near the same age. I am about ten years older. There are/were four brothers Mike, Brian, Ian and , Alecl good players.

Years ago Mike was playing here in the US and people were making fun of his tendency toward the roly poly. He cleaned their clock and then gave them the universal salute. It was great, at least to me. I will miss him. He was here playing with Ian Horsham and the third member of the team was a female player...sorry can't remember her name.

thanks
tOD

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 07:46 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Well, her name is spelled as Deng Yaping. The following bookmark showed her accomplishments as a player and life after table tennis. She is working on her PhD now (according to the source), amazing accomplishments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deng_Yaping

I was also lucky to get a small clip of video of her playing a Japanese player in 1999 in Japan. She lost that match 1 - 3, however, she was all attack style, no pushing except to start the point. I also like the way she attack and play with the long pip rubber (755?) on her back hand. That 755 must have some spongy thickness to allow her to attack top spin balls like that. That back hand long pip stroke will be a stroke I would love to learn, and I believe my Long A rubber allowed me to do just that. One more observation, during the whole match, there is no chopping from these two players.

I am sure Fosssil is using his Slow-Motion program to analyze her stroke production now.

Please enjoy,
Tat

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 21:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Thank You,
tOD

Post subject: Re: Ding YaPing
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2021, 08:14 

Blade: VKMO FL
FH: H3 Neo
BH: CK531a 1.5
Resurrecting a dead thread, but her name is Ding Yaping and she plays for Germany. Here's a recent video of her playing in the Bundesliga:

Also, here is a clip of her during her younger years:

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2021, 14:16 
Super User

Based on the previous posts - there seems to be some confusion between Deng Yaping & Ding Yaping ... They are, infact, 2 different players, but with very very similar names.. Both are of Chinese origin, but Ding, later, went-on to represent Germany, and is an accomplished player, in her own right..

Deng Yaping, is one of the all-time table tennis greats.. She retired sometime in the late 90s... She's the one, who, post retirement, went-on to do her PhD (Her thesis was on some thing to do with the Olympics games & China, if I remember correctly) . She's also been on the IOC, and is(was) part of the Laureus Sports Organization . There's a video on Youtube, of her playing with Benedict Cumberbitch, on stage, at a Laureus event - She plays with a wooden spoon....

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2021, 17:53 
Super User

Blade: DonicWaldnerSenso
FH: Sriver FX-Max
BH: TSP Curl P-1R 0.5
Ding and Deng both played in the 1989 and 1991 World Championships - I remember considerable confusion in results and match reports at the time (long before the internet) due to the similarity in their names. Some newspapers would just put 'Yaping' as a name as in eg 'Yaping bt Hrachova 3-0.'

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2021, 18:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

DENG YAPING IS NOW BACK UNDER JAPANESE NAME.
Ito Mima, Ai Fukuhara. A carbon copy after Deng Yaping's playing style.. and playing materials.

Сurious enough, it was essentially Deng Yaping who suggested Mr.Matsuzaki, the attending foster-coach for Mima Ito, the best winning way to beat all Chinese celebrities.
----------------
THANK YOU FOR MOST USEFUL PROMPTINGS, dearest Deng Yaping, incredible Chinese Assasine.