OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 00:25 
Incredible Shrinking Man

auzcar wrote:
I've been using Zeitgeist now for almost a month and I'm loving it, the only problem I have is pushing aggressively against balls with much spin, it seems to grip quite a lot sometimes. If the friction was just a tiny bit less it would be perfect! I'm still hoping that some friction will wear off as I continue to play with it, as it usually does with LP's. I have yet to use it in competition but will probably do so in 3 weeks when our next league match takes place, this will be the first real test for Zeitgeist.

The only thing I'm still not sure about is if I should try it on a harder and faster blade to make it less spin sensitive but this haven't worked for me with other pimples. Pushblocker, do you have any experience with Zeitgeist on different blades?

Rubber needs 1 week in the sun... :devil: :devil:

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2011, 22:30 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I just noticed a weird thing with my Zeitgeist. I glued it to another of my Defplay blades because I had a crack in the main one and when I bounced the ball on the rubber it gave that crack/flapping sound you get when OX sheets are a bit loose. I've noticed this sound a couple of times before but never really bothered to look into it any further. It was a pretty old glue-sheet which had been moved from one blade to another a couple of times so I just figured that the stickiness had gone away. I separated the glue sheet and the OX Zeitgeist and also used sandpaper on the blade to make it stick even more, then I glued the rubber to the blade with a new glue-sheet. This time it definitely wasn't loose but I still got that sound which surprised me and I continued to examine the rubber closely. Then I got this thought in my head, because of the sound, that perhaps it's a bit tacky, and bingo! I could actually pick up the ball from the table with the Zeitgeist, it stuck no more than a second but still this is the first time I've encountered this with a LP. It could be that I have had it lying against a Hurricane topsheet that have made it a bit tacky (but I don't think so, as I mentioned I've noticed this sound before), or perhaps it's made tacky so that it would easily pass the friction test and then the tackiness (IE, the grip) will be "played off" just like with a chinese tacky inverted. Anyone else noticed this with the Zeitgeist or any other LP?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 02:03 

Zeitgeist Video:

Hmmmm. Not bad :)

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 03:03 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Gyebax wrote:
Zeitgeist Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZGNR0mqRrs

Zeitgeist is really great and for those who like to play harder type long pips, the Zeitgeist is probably the best rubber out there.. I personally do prefer softer pips as they are better when playing passively against dead balls but other than that, the Zeitgeist is just about as good as GDT but "feels" different..

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 03:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Nice video. Anybody know what the guy is saying?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 18:23 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

mynamenotbob wrote:
Nice video. Anybody know what the guy is saying?

First of all, this is Danish and not Swedish but they are quite similar and I can understand most of the words. Also, this guy speaks quite clear which makes it a lot easier to understand, here's my "translation":

He starts by presenting the blade and rubbers, then he goes on explaining how LP's are less sensitive to spin and is good at returning serves and pushing the opponent around. After that he speaks about the basics when it comes to spin reversal, that many players have problems with the fact that LP's a lot of the time gives back the opposite spin, regardless of stroke, IE, backspin becomes topspin and vice versa. It continues with him explaining the different styles when playing defensively with LP's, that you can either play at the table and block and push with angles or you can step away from the table and play a more traditional chopping game. He says that the LP at hand, SpinLord Zeitgeist, is most suitable for the blocking game. Then he turns the attention to the FH rubber and presents it's characteristics as pretty slow and with A LOT of spin which allows you to put a lot of spin on your serves, returns and loops. This means that you will get more spin back which you can use to your advantage by using the LP. He finishes with a quick summarize of the setup and presents the blade as well as the LP as slow and very controllable which allows you to push your opponent around the table and also to block short and long. He claims that there are better LP's if you want to focus on the chopping game but Zeitgeist is still good for this and it allows you to chop with much spin. The last thing he says is that, because of the very high control, it's a perfect bat for people who wants to try out LP and perhaps for people who have a hard time playing against LP's, to learn how they work and how to play against them.

Sorry for the poor and repetitive "narration" but it just kinda went that way, I'm sure you can understand it anyway :).

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 21:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
No no, that's great auzcar! Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 05:09 

This Zeitgeist long pimple is very slow or medium slow? Which long pimple has a similar speed?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 07:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Great summary, Oskar! The guy himself has done a good job, too, pointing out the relevant facts and demonstrating them. I especially appreciated that he would mark the DHS Hurricane as relatively slow - not many people would be prepared to believe that, but it is in fact quite true.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 07:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Thank you for the translation auzcar. I like it when people discuss a setup as a whole like this video does, rather just the individual rubbers which can perform quite differently on different blades.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2011, 19:42 

I want to buy and try new long pimple rubber one for these because i know this good price

1/ TTmaster Fireproff
2/TTmaster Fireproof 2
3/TTmaster Punto
4/CTT National Pogo
5/Yasaka Phantom 0012
6/ Spinlord Zeitgeist
7/Spinlord Stachelfeuer

What do you think which one is better for:
1/Close to table blocking
2/Attacking
3/Chopping
4/disturbing effect

Thanks!

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2011, 22:42 
Incredible Shrinking Man

i would go for Pogo. You cant have it "all in one".

Regards
Geddk

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2011, 23:15 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Gyebax wrote:
I want to buy and try new long pimple rubber one for these because i know this good price

1/ TTmaster Fireproff
2/TTmaster Fireproof 2
3/TTmaster Punto
4/CTT National Pogo
5/Yasaka Phantom 0012
6/ Spinlord Zeitgeist
7/Spinlord Stachelfeuer

What do you think which one is better for:
1/Close to table blocking
2/Attacking
3/Chopping
4/disturbing effect

Thanks!

I've only played with two of those (Zeitgeist and Pogo) but I will try to make a list based on my experiences with them and what I've heard and read about the others.

Close to the table Blocking: Spinlord Zeitgeist
Attacking: CTT Pogo
Chopping: This depends on what you like but I would guess that Stachelfeuer and Phantom has the best spin manipulation abilities when chopping. Zeitgeist is very controllable and can give quite high spin when chopping a loop but it doesn't let you change the spin as much as the other two.
Disturbing: Zeitgeist and the Fireproof's

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2011, 23:47 
Incredible Shrinking Man

1/ TTmaster Fireproff // Chopping
2/TTmaster Fireproof 2 // Chopping
3/TTmaster Punto // Chopping
4/CTT National Pogo // Close to table blocking-Attack
5/Yasaka Phantom 0012 // Attack
6/ Spinlord Zeitgeist // Close to table blocking-Disturbing
7/Spinlord Stachelfeuer // Chopping-Close to the table blocking

I have tried all expect Punto.

Regards

Geddk

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011, 01:25 

Gyebax wrote:
Zeitgeist Video:

Thanks for posting. That guy has almost text book strokes so it would be interesting if he was comparing LPs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!