OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 00:47 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Those are 2 new rubbers from the german brand Spinlord (owner Mark Koehler of ttdd.de)

Got 2 of those rubbers to test. Those rubbers are NOT commercially available yet and should be available starting October. They will also appear on the new ITTF approved rubber list on the next list:

Here's a quick overview of the rubbers. I might post a detailed review another time:

1) Zeitgeist:

Very similar rubber to Lion Claw just with smooth top pips (instead of textured on the Lion Claw).
The rubber is fairly slow and has excellent control. The trajectory is very low, ideal for blocking off the bounce. It plays similar to Lion Claw, just with lower trajectory and less sensitivity to incoming spin.. While the Lion Claw is very sensitive to spin, the Zeitgeist is fairly unsensitive to incoming spin but it still is far from how the frictionless rubbers used to play.

2) Stachelfeuer:

That rubber has much closer arranged pips and the pips seem to be softer than on Zeitgeist. The rubber is also pretty slow. The trajectory is higher. My personal blocking technique caused relatively high balls. However, with different technique, that might be different. The rubber was very effective from the mid distance.. Chops would produce good spin while the rubber wasn't all that sensitive to incoming spin. Chop-blocking worked well with it.. I think that this rubbber might be very interesting for modern defenders but it would need a sponge as it's too slow in the OX version for that style.

I think that the Zeitgeist is definetely a rubber that long pips blockers should look at once it's available and those who like spin manipulation and better chopping-ability, the Stachelfeuer is also a excellent choice..

Last edited by Pushblocker on 02 Apr 2011, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 00:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Pushblocker!

Any idea of Price? Where are they made?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 00:56 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

haggisv wrote:
Thanks Pushblocker!

I have no idea on how much they will cost.. I don't know if Mark has made a decision yet.. I guess that it depends on how much the factory is charging him but I really have no idea..

If I would have to guess, I'd say that the rubber comes from the same factory that makes Lion Claw.. Too many similarities.. However, I could be wrong... The rubber plays like a IMPROVED version of Lion Claw (and Lion Claw is already a very good rubber)

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 01:13 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
haggisv wrote:
Thanks Pushblocker!

Spinlord's currently available inverted rubbers sell for about USD$13 to $23. Lion Claw in OX is $14. So I would expect something reasonable.

ttdd.de is Germany's big China-importer, so I could make a pretty good guess.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 01:21 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

mynamenotbob wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Thanks Pushblocker!

Spinlord's currently available inverted rubbers sell for about USD$13 to $23. Lion Claw in OX is $14. So I would expect something reasonable.

ttdd.de is Germany's big China-importer, so I could make a pretty good guess.

If he can keep the prices in that range, I'll definetely buy a few of the Zeitgeist.. Really good blocking rubber!
Mark is a high volume dealer and I'm sure that he is able to negotiate a good deal with manufactorers..

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 02:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Spinlord Zeitgeist OX 16,90 euro; sponge 18,90. Stachelfeuer the same. http://www.ttdd.de/lange-noppen.html

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 11:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Any thoughts on how Zeitgeist would compare the dtecs, Pushblocker?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 12:51 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

haggisv wrote:

Completely different animals.. DTecs is very soft and Zeitgeist is very hard. Both block phenomenal but Zeitgeist hits better and produces more chop (ox) when chopping hard with it. However, DTecs is better against dead balls. I personally like the soft feel of the DTecs. The Zeitgeist has a very "direct" feel while the DTecS has a high control feel.. It's personal preference.. Pushing aggressively, the trajectory on the Zeitgeist is fairly flat.. Rubber works excellent to block off the bounce, probably even more consistent than the DTecs. While they can be played with similar technique, the feel is quite different.. If you have played Lion Claw, the Zeitgeist plays very similar, just a little less sensitive to spin.. I like both, the Lion Claw and the Zeitgeist!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 13:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks for that!

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 16:15 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Pushblocker wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Completely different animals.. DTecs is very soft and Zeitgeist is very hard. Both block phenomenal but Zeitgeist hits better and produces more chop (ox) when chopping hard with it. However, DTecs is better against dead balls. I personally like the soft feel of the DTecs. The Zeitgeist has a very "direct" feel while the DTecS has a high control feel.. It's personal preference.. Pushing aggressively, the trajectory on the Zeitgeist is fairly flat.. Rubber works excellent to block off the bounce, probably even more consistent than the DTecs. While they can be played with similar technique, the feel is quite different.. If you have played Lion Claw, the Zeitgeist plays very similar, just a little less sensitive to spin.. I like both, the Lion Claw and the Zeitgeist!

Do you use D.TecS in black or red?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010, 04:22 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

mynamenotbob wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Do you use D.TecS in black or red?
red! Never tried it in black..

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 06:27 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
How does the Zeitgeist compare to CK531A?

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 07:16 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

auzcar wrote:
How does the Zeitgeist compare to CK531A?

CK531a is softer and a little faster than Zeitgeist. I find Zeitgeist better for hitting and more consistent than CK531a. With Palio, sometimes the rubber works perfect and on some shots, the ball seems to go long wihtout a reason.. Zeitgeist is very consistent.. Same stroke and you'll always get close to the same result..

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 05:17 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Ok, so I tried the Zeitgeist today at the practice. I was able to compare it side by side with D.Tecs OX and Palio CK531A OX, all on the same blades (Donic Defplay Senso).

The pimples are harder and more spread out compared to both D.Tecs and Palio which gives a very pleasant feeling, at least for me. The control is also better then both Palio and D.Tecs, this is mostly due to the lower speed and better dampening effect.

Blocking against topspin I was able to put more of the harder attacks on the table but the reversal was a lot worse than both the Palio and D.Tecs so my training partner had a lot less problem returning them. The fact that it also has a higher throw compared to the other two made it harder to keep it low which made it even less dangerous. Still the reversal wasn't that bad, you have to remember that I'm comparing it to two of the best reversal LP's out there.

Chopping against topspin away from the table was controlled and I could create more spin than with the D.Tecs, however I had to chop quite hard to bend the pips and create my own spin.
It didn't really match up with Palio with which I can create more spin and also keep the ball lower. Control was about the same as Palio and better than D.Tecs.

I don't think I will change to this from my Palio since I loose to much effect and the Palio suits my gameplan better, playing from all distances, blocking close to the table, chop-blocking from mid-distance and chopping from far. However, if I was only playing a blocking style close to the table, relying on control and putting the ball back with good placement, I would probably choose Zeitgeist.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010, 07:26 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I've been using Zeitgeist now for almost a month and I'm loving it, the only problem I have is pushing aggressively against balls with much spin, it seems to grip quite a lot sometimes. If the friction was just a tiny bit less it would be perfect! I'm still hoping that some friction will wear off as I continue to play with it, as it usually does with LP's. I have yet to use it in competition but will probably do so in 3 weeks when our next league match takes place, this will be the first real test for Zeitgeist.

The only thing I'm still not sure about is if I should try it on a harder and faster blade to make it less spin sensitive but this haven't worked for me with other pimples. Pushblocker, do you have any experience with Zeitgeist on different blades?