OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 10:51 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
used it for approximately 3 months (around 50 hours) - no sign of breakage yet... :clap:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2013, 00:10 
Incredible Shrinking Man

I bought my first DG in October 2011.
I bought a new one in September 2013
And the funny thing is that the sheet from
2011 is much more grippy that the sheet from 2013.

Both Red 0x

Anyone else had any experience with that?

Merry Christmas

Geddk

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 20:02 
Super User

I have 2 DG used when I got them, so dont know which one is older, but black is much more grippy ...

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014, 16:13 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have started trying DG with Defplay. I have also tried Dtecs and Talon.

This comment is most helpful in comparing rubbers, and I agree his findings.

auzcar wrote:
I've used the new D.Tecs during the summer but I can't really get the control I need and since I went back to blocking at the table I've mssed a lot. I've always chosen disruptive effect over control, even though my strategy isn't to win points with my LP. The most clear example of this stupidity is last year when Zeitgeist came out. I had been playing with CK531A for quite some time and I took my Zeitgeist to the practice session glued to a Defplay blade with Calibra on my FH, just as my primary setup with CK531A. I started to play and found the Zeitgeist had very good control and I kept switching between the blades to really feel the differences between the two LP's. When we started to play matches in the end of the session I played a total of 20 sets and lost almost every set with CK531A whilst going unbeaten with the Zeitgeist, despite this I continued to play with CK531A...

Tonight I will make a re-test of some LP's that I think I should give another chance because D.Tecs ain't working for me at the table. I will test Dornenglanz, Dragon Talon and perhaps CK531A again and both DG and DT I've only tried for one session before. I quite liked the DG and had much more control with it compared to D.Tecs but I felt D.Tecs gave me more disruptive effect and so I kept playing with that, DT felt dull at the first session and was quite sensitive to underspin if I remember correctly, I will most likely end up using the Dornenglanz for a while. CK531A is good but I have big troubles blocking harder attacks with this since those seem to grip a lot and CK doesn't really have a good breaking effect.

The LP that's best to push aggressively against short serves and pushes while having good control in the blocks will probably be my choice. Only time will tell if I'm wise enough to use the right LP for my game.

To me also Dtecs seems to be hard to control with Defplay. Talon seems to be working better, althougt the feel is not best possible, but chopping is effective enough.

In this comment DG is described in nutshell.

mynamenotbob wrote:
Dornenglanz has almost zero disruption on passive blocks. It shines on control, much better than Zeitgeist. In my opinion, you have to play it aggressively. Use chop blocks, sideswipes and sharp angles, move people around, vary the speed and distance of the blocks, attack underspin and hit pop-ups. It's a different way of playing, but it's possible because of the spectacular control and flat trajectory.

Well yeah, it comes to my ability to play active shots. What I found right away, was that hitting was much more controlled with DG. And you actually have to hit or punch every underspin, because pushing and rolling don't work as well as with Dtecs and Talon. That might be a good or a bad thing, but it requires different kind of state of mind.

ChopperMan wrote:
Talon was my LP before Dornenglanz, and my opinion is that Dornenglanz beats Talon in every stroke.

I have to disagree. I noticed right away that my sidespinblock don't work with DG, because it uses the softness of the pips. By sidespinblock I refer to kind of shot, that you block a spinny loop with the tip of your blade pointing to opponents blade. So the loop just brushes your pips and the blocked ball will end to the opponents BH pocket with squirrely sidespin. It's consistent, effective and fun shot, and it could be made with flexy blade and soft pips. With my FW+ it can't be done.

So I will keep on trying DG from now on, but it's chopping ability is mystery to me. Hard pips seem to more suited to hitting.

My training partner uses DG, so I have played a lot agaist it. He has has great success with it, althought he don't play active shots, other than fast LP drive, which is his money shots. His passive but consistent dead bocks seem to work good enough, even if there is no disturbance.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014, 15:13 
Super User

First test in serious training with Defplay + DG.

DG really is different from Dtecs and Talon. Less overshooting problems.

Chopping/retrieving was propably the safest I have experienced.

No problems with serve receiving or returning underspin or dead balls.

Blocks were ok, but I can't say that they are better than with Dtecs or Talon.

Active play didn't go well, lot of mistakes, which is propably more fault of the player than the rubber. :envy:

On a positive note, there is some nice low trajectories and variation of speed and trajectories, which might put opponent in difficulties. And I did win some point by surprisingly short shots, that would be difficult to do with Dtecs and Talon.

In nutshell, shots seem to land with high percentage, but there was not much disturbance in them. So, is it better to be safe than dangerous?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014, 17:55 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Roy,

Dangerous!!

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 19:08 
Super User

I notised big difference between sheets of DG. Left sheet is older, but right sheet have also been played with 10+ times, so it's not new. The right sheet is shiny and lot grippier than the left sheet. It also plays slower, but it might be because the Defplay blades are different.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 05:55 
Super User

Roy, you should learn to glue your long pips properly. This is really horrible ! :(

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2014, 06:43 
Super User

Capoblanco wrote:
Roy, you should learn to glue your long pips properly. This is really horrible ! :(

Yeah, that right one didn't go too well with Nittaku Finezip, althought I tried to glue it couple of times.

I have also Palio glue that glues pips nealy perfectly smooth, but it's nearly impossible get off the blade... :envy:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 03:16 
Super User

I just tried out DG on my spare VKM last weekend.
I think it is really good for hitting - compared to Dtechs ox. I never could hit with the Dtechs, so I just hope that it isnt too easy to play against.
How do you like it for hitting ?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 05:47 
Super User

Tenergy05fx wrote:
I just tried out DG on my spare VKM last weekend.
I think it is really good for hitting - compared to Dtechs ox. I never could hit with the Dtechs, so I just hope that it isnt too easy to play against.
How do you like it for hitting ?

Same for me, you can hit and "work the ball" much more easily with DG than Dtecs.

However, hitting for me is not very high percentage shot with pips, but fun anyway :D Against higher rated players I don't get many hitting chances and stepping for forehand usualy much better choice.

With DG good strategy is to chop block top spins and roll against underspins. Opponent gets nasty spin variations. In 3. division matches I won loads of points with roll against underspin, as there is strongish top-sidespin in the ball that caused opponents miss timing rather badly.

But you must learn to roll against every underspin and not just to push with vertical blade (like you would do with dtecs) or with an inverted like open face push. So the good strategy is usually to continue actively what ever spin is on the ball.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 12:46 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Capoblanco wrote:

Wow, Roy, looks. Like your rubbers have an infection!? :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 20:44 

In Los Angeles and in my club is a guy who is 2200 by us ranking and playing with spinlord dornenglants and after poly ball came he got so upset please some help and remedy for him ???? by the way he love's to cheat and buying some tuned rubbers from germany..please help hahaha

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 00:16 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so, after reading all 23 pages (it took me several days:), have u all stayed on DG or have moved to some newer rubber like Hellfire and such?

and if u are, what are impressions after couple of years?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 07:10 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
so, after reading all 23 pages (it took me several days:), have u all stayed on DG or have moved to some newer rubber like Hellfire and such?

and if u are, what are impressions after couple of years?

I stay still with DG, after trying several others in ox, like Dtecs, Talon, Hellfire... DG has best combination of control, reversal and grip for active play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next