OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 21:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
388d v d1 ox,I have used both last season in matches .I found d1 is more spin sensitive probably due to the ruffled tips,sometimes the ball went tool ong because of this,the smooth tips of 388d give better' passive reversal and effects and trouble for the opposition.I can play all lp strokes with 3388d ox,a very tricky rubber and can't find anything better at the moment despite numerous tests

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2017, 15:32 

Blade: T11 zhang jike dhs pg7
FH: Skyline tg3, 804-40
BH: Reactor thundet
Thanks for starting this thread. I am new to this site and would like to contribute to this thread. I do hope that it is a proper contribution.
My review on this rubber is not on a stock CK531A. My son and I experimented on making the cheapest and the easiest long pimple to use. The first condition was satisfied by buying the cheapest long pimple rubber and we found palio ck531a ox on ebay for 11 dollars a pair. However, ox long pimple are very hard to use or transition to if your coming from inverted rubber. In order to satisfy the second condition we should take the route of long pimple with sponge. We went to Micheals craftstore and bought a sheet of 1.8mm sponge sheet for less than a dollar. Glued the Palio CK531A ox on it tben glued the rubber sponge combo on an all wooden blade which we bought from a garage sale. The result = cheapest racket + the most disruptive long pimple that I have ever seen or used. It reminds me of the original TSP curl without the hardship of learning how to use it. The rubber is so easy to use that I was able to chop and block within 5 mins of using it. Knuckle ball, worble, spin reversal and change in speed they are all there. This combo is so disruptive, my son became frustrated with it. Good that we made a video on our first use of the rubber. We compered it to a sponged CK531A from palio and Dhs c8. Video link is here - https://youtu.be/oFCmfsT0FaU Notice how easy my son cope up with C8 and sponged CK531A from Palio. How he became frustrated with the way the ball change its phase on the homebrew ck531a. By the way this set up is legal and with in ITTF regulation.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 15:32 

Blade: TSP Black Balsa 3.0
FH: Tibhar Vari Spin 1.8
BH: Tibhar Vari Spin 1.8
Good thing this thread exists. Which one of the alternatives have hard dead sponge?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 19:05 

Blade: DR Neubauer Barricade
FH: Acuda
BH: Easy P
The most similar to Easy-P/Undertaker 0X with cheap price? the slowest with cheap price?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 03:14 

Blade: THE WALL, TIHBAR BALSA 25
FH: Degu short pips 1.5
BH: blitz schlag ox
I have used FRIENDSHIP 755, FRIENDSHIP 837, XINING 979, friendship tackiness 755, BLITZSCHLAG, For cheaper long pips

Expensive ones: Dr N Desperado 1 and 2, Grass Dtecs, Superwall,

I started with FS 755 which I think is a good start for anyone. I don't care for the Chinese long pips because they tend to be very fast in my opinion. I play a passive block game, and prefer slower pips over fast ones. XINING 979 is super slow and grippy so I did not like it. If you use it against someone with a good push game you will have many go into the net. For me blitzschlag is my favorite it is slow but very consistent and shoots a very low trajectory perfect for passive blocking and chopping. My go to long pip.

For expensive:
Love Desperado because again low trajectory, great control. Grass DTECs I hate, trajectory is too high for passive blocking maybe better for chopping but not close to table play. My newest one is superwall, which I also hate. High trajectory and super fast for a long pip. Blitzschlag by spinlord is my overall favorite by far. Plays well on all blades.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 23:30 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
pipping aint easy wrote:
I have used FRIENDSHIP 755, FRIENDSHIP 837, XINING 979, friendship tackiness 755, BLITZSCHLAG, For cheaper long pips

I started with FS 755 which I think is a good start for anyone. I don't care for the Chinese long pips because they tend to be very fast in my opinion. I play a passive block game, and prefer slower pips over fast ones. XINING 979 is super slow and grippy so I did not like it. If you use it against someone with a good push game you will have many go into the net. For me blitzschlag is my favorite it is slow but very consistent and shoots a very low trajectory perfect for passive blocking and chopping. My go to long pip.

For expensive:
Love Desperado because again low trajectory, great control. Grass DTECs I hate, trajectory is too high for passive blocking maybe better for chopping but not close to table play. My newest one is superwall, which I also hate. High trajectory and super fast for a long pip. Blitzschlag by spinlord is my overall favorite by far. Plays well on all blades.

Manika Batra, women world ranked #56, plays with Grass Dtecs OX , with a close to table style.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2018, 01:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

sipokoyto wrote:
Thanks for starting this thread. I am new to this site and would like to contribute to this thread. I do hope that it is a proper contribution.
My review on this rubber is not on a stock CK531A. My son and I experimented on making the cheapest and the easiest long pimple to use. The first condition was satisfied by buying the cheapest long pimple rubber and we found palio ck531a ox on ebay for 11 dollars a pair. However, ox long pimple are very hard to use or transition to if your coming from inverted rubber. In order to satisfy the second condition we should take the route of long pimple with sponge. We went to Micheals craftstore and bought a sheet of 1.8mm sponge sheet for less than a dollar. Glued the Palio CK531A ox on it tben glued the rubber sponge combo on an all wooden blade which we bought from a garage sale. The result = cheapest racket + the most disruptive long pimple that I have ever seen or used. It reminds me of the original TSP curl without the hardship of learning how to use it. The rubber is so easy to use that I was able to chop and block within 5 mins of using it. Knuckle ball, worble, spin reversal and change in speed they are all there. This combo is so disruptive, my son became frustrated with it. Good that we made a video on our first use of the rubber. We compered it to a sponged CK531A from palio and Dhs c8. Video link is here - https://youtu.be/oFCmfsT0FaU Notice how easy my son cope up with C8 and sponged CK531A from Palio. How he became frustrated with the way the ball change its phase on the homebrew ck531a. By the way this set up is legal and with in ITTF regulation.

I tried something similar some time back, using foam rubber from an art supply store. Problem was the thinnest I could find was 2mm thick, though it came in a huge variety of colors (not that anyone would see glitter under the topsheet.. :lol: ). I can't remember which topsheet I used - probably 388 of some sort. Can't remember what it was like playing with it, either but I wasn't too impressed. Maybe if I stuck with it I'd learn to "worble" the ball, too, but I remember people just pick-hitting the high returns. Which is one of the perils of just picking up a long pips bat if you don't play with one all of the time.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2018, 09:01 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
pipping aint easy wrote:

For expensive:

Have you tried Zeitgeist? Supposedly slow and designed for blocking. I wonder how it compares with Blitzschlag.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2018, 09:39 
Super User

Have Zeitgeist on a spare Yinhe all-wood blade. It's kind of slow (my cup of tea :P ) with widely spaced pips. Fairly grippy. Blocks well. Quite good overall.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2018, 09:01 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
TTbuddy wrote:
Have Zeitgeist on a spare Yinhe all-wood blade. It's kind of slow (my cup of tea :P ) with widely spaced pips. Fairly grippy. Blocks well. Quite good overall.

..... and also great rubber for hittting !!! :))

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2018, 10:11 
Super User

Agree with that too Charmander Defender ;) A very versatile long pip overall.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2018, 20:20 
Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Agree with that too Charmander Defender ;) A very versatile long pip overall.

Let me tell you, Zeitgeist plus some outdoor table tennis will make the rubber dangerous enough to make the cocky looper have a really bad time :lol: :lol: .... it so happened in recent tournaments that off butterfly blade users with mega fast rubbers ( one of them with booster - you can tell by the extremely unusual speed and spin on the ball ) have had a really bad time to beat me . 3-2, some 3-1 ( 11-9 the last set) .

I´d say they could be rated as 2300s-2500s USA rating .The problem with Zeitgeist may be the service return of super fast no spin balls either to bh or fh ..... though insensitive to spin , those mega fast balls with some spin are difficult to deal with and when able to land them on the table, they land long enough for a strong attack....... been thinking of stepping back a little and chop or use my anti because close to the table defending with such kind of balls is hard and the powerful attack by the looper is not easy to block .

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 17:52 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
CHARMANDER DEFENDER wrote:
Let me tell you, Zeitgeist plus some outdoor table tennis will make the rubber dangerous enough to make the cocky looper have a really bad time :lol: :lol: ...

What do you mean..is it due to more reversal? I've never quite understood how a pimple described as fairly grippy could have much reversal in the first place. But it seems that many do, even without outdoor use.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 20:29 
Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
Let me tell you, Zeitgeist plus some outdoor table tennis will make the rubber dangerous enough to make the cocky looper have a really bad time :lol: :lol: ...

What do you mean..is it due to more reversal? I've never quite understood how a pimple described as fairly grippy could have much reversal in the first place. But it seems that many do, even without outdoor use.

yes,reversal is great,low trajectory great,hitting great,short blocks great,...... and playing outdoor table tennis makes the rubber have less friction,hence, more dangerous blocks,....

As we know, playing succesfully in ox is also blade dependent,..it seems my Sword 309 goes phenomenal with Zeitgeist,..... :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 11:47 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Quote:
...plus some outdoor table tennis will make the rubber dangerous enough to make the cocky looper have a really bad time

Or in other words, how to cheat while thinking real hard that you are not cheating. Taken from the playbook of a notable outdoor table tennis exponent.

If you want frictionless pimples, work on convincing the ITTF to remove the pimples minimum friction rule. You might be surprised how much support you would get.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next