OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 08:49 
The King

So far impressions of hellfire users on the German forums are generally positive but quality control seems to be a bit of a problem. Some sheets have tiny holes and uneven surface across the rubber. Impressions vary so much (from no backspin at all when chopping to huge amount of backspin) that it can't be just different blades or technique. Seems the hellfire should be played actively, just blocking doesnt seem to do much.

I should get my sheet tomorrow or at least look at it/test it at the local TT shop.

Picture from pimp my blade
Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1375139966626.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1375139966626.jpg [ 69.12 KiB | Viewed 4602 times ]

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 13:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
For me, it has good speed and control and keeps the ball low, but I don't like how much you have to close the blade to block loops. Also even though it's slower than Grass D.Tecs, I'm not convinced it absorbs hard hits better. This is one of those rubbers I can't really judge after just one session. For now, Hellfire's big drawback is it's too grippy, but I really need to see how much it improves after 40 hours of play before forming my final opinion.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 17:21 
The King

Funny you mention hellfire being grippy, opinions seem to vary a lot on this as well ranging from grippy and spin sensitive to almost smooth and not spin sensitive at all. Another indication that not all the sheets are the same.

Put to rest:
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 17:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
They are probably going to have to check every sheet when they receive it from the factory, to make sure it meets their standards. I know Spinlord had to do this as well at times, and had to reject some factory shipments that did not meet their standards. I think that's what it takes when you get stuff made in China ( I assume their sheets are made in China but I'm not sure).

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2013, 18:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I didn't really feel it was spin-sensitive except against hard, spinny loops it really pops up if you block using a Grass D.Tecs-type blade angle (I'm more of a Hinhalteblock guy than a chop blocker).

Everything else was great. I'm thinking that after the rubber is broken in it might be really good. I don't think ANY LPs are good right out of the package so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2013, 23:49 
The King

First of all: this will be a somewhat negative post about hellfire but it is absolutely not meant as an attack against sauer/troger.

Haggis was so right when he said they should check every sheet before they send it out.....

I went to the local TT shop today to have a look at hellfire and buy at least one sheet. As I read the sheets were somewhat small I brought several blades with me. Fortunately and surprisingly the sheets were large enough for all my blades. Another surprise: hellfire comes with a glue layer already applied to the rubber, something I had not read about before. So far so good.

Then I inspected the rubber and noticed it was cut at an angle, top left had 2 rows of pips more than top right. Then I noticed glue stains on the label area. I also noticed fingerprints which I assumed were mine so I tried to wipe the fingerprints of. This was however not possible as the fingerprints were IN THE RUBBER! Yes not on but in the rubber.

We opened another package and this one was even worse with fingerprints all over and again glue stains. Both were red 0x sheets. We did not unpack any black sheets but comparing black and red in the packaging showed a clear difference in pip distance, on the black sheet pips were further apart.

All this combined made me decide not to buy the hellfire, a rubber I have been looking forward to for months.

I assume there are good sheets of hellfire out there but this batch was clearly not good.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2013, 15:44 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
I must have gotten a good sheet. It's kinda small in comparison to other sheets, but big enough to fit all of my blades... Chen Weixing being the biggest blade I have. It definately is quite grippy at the tip. They are rough like most chopping lps... I only got to try it on the robot for a short time, but it definately lifts backspin very very easily.... I ended up placing it on a Donic persson seven, and it's not too fast. It seems very controllable in comparison to other lps I've tried. Chopping seems to be pretty good to. I agree for good chop blocks agression and wrist is needed. I want to see how this pip will do in a few months.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 23:34 
The King

Update from the German forums: while initially the opinions were mostly positive this seems to have shifted to nothing special and even waste of money and people feeling somewhat cheated/disappointed after the positive buildup with the advertising.Several people put their hellfire sheets up for sale already. I guess people expect a premium product for a premium price.

I will most likely not test the hellfire at all as I am disappointed by the quality of the rubber as I described before but also by the way s&t handled the launch. Just after release they were actively posting but after the first few negative posts appeared they went quiet.

Oh a note to people considering the hellfire special: don't order it, you are just paying 10 euro for the gluesheet. Nothing special about it, local shops don't even receive hellfire attached to the gluesheet. Local shops receive regular hellfire with seperate gewo gluesheets and no instructions whatsoever.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 01:02 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

Elvis56 wrote:
Update from the German forums: while initially the opinions were mostly positive this seems to have shifted to nothing special and even waste of money and people feeling somewhat cheated/disappointed after the positive buildup with the advertising.Several people put their hellfire sheets up for sale already. I guess people expect a premium product for a premium price.

It's pretty normal, IMO.
People are likely to be a bit biased in this situation. They paid for it and in their mind they want/hope/expect it to be THE best LP ever.
I got it for free so I can say whatever I really feel. Trust me, I never hesitated to give a "C" for its spin reversal. Maybe that's why I didn't get selected to test stuff lately :)

Cheated? I don't feel it that way. The sellers trust in their product and believe it's the best LP....so they say it's good. Plus what works for them doesn't mean it'd work for players 1 or 2 level lower. I still think it's not a bad rubber.....just doesn't offer crazy spin reversal.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 01:29 
The King

Someone there made a good point, opinions on hellfire would probably be more positive if it was priced around 20 euro. Currently it is even more expensive than d-tecs and almost twice the price of dornenglanz. Spinlord rubbers were received better because of the friendly pricing.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 01:52 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Elvis56 wrote:
Someone there made a good point, opinions on hellfire would probably be more positive if it was priced around 20 euro. Currently it is even more expensive than d-tecs and almost twice the price of dornenglanz. Spinlord rubbers were received better because of the friendly pricing.

+1 :up:

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2013, 11:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Elvis56 wrote:

Based on my own experience Hellfire is a very good LP similar to Giant Dragon Talon, but I had no idea how much it costs when I received the test sheet. It's not a "dangerous" LP like DtecS if that's what a player look for... DtecS is almost worth its outrageous price because it brings something unique to the table in the post FLPs era... Hellfire on the other hand is a control LPs that can substitute many other LPs on the market, but the reverse is true as well.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 07:56 
Incredible Shrinking Man

I received my sheet of Hellfire today.... At last...
I have only used it one hour....
But here is my first impression.

My sheet is a red 0x...
Quality is ok, not TSP or Armstrong though , a little heavy
compared to many other 0x sheets I have, but thats fine by me.

Ripped surface and not very grippy just rubbing my fingers on it.
My blade is Donic Defplay
I startet chop-blocking close to the table against my sons heavy
brush loops with hes H3-Neo... We always plays with a ball with
a black ring around it, so we actually can see how much spin there is on the ball.
I was amazed how much backspin it could make right out on the package.. :up:
Mid-distance was ok and enough to keep me in the game, but this is not
a pure choppers choice of LP...

I didn't push-block or attack with Hellfire to-day
so I don't know how this works...

This rubbers reminds me of Dr. N Desperado, but slower and more reversal.

So, Pascal and Sebastian, thumbs up :up: so far....

Cheers
Geddk

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Geddk on 10 Aug 2013, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 10:01 
The King

Smooth and not grippy? The tops of the pips on the sheets I saw were ribbed, definitely not smooth.

Put to rest:

Current standings:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013, 10:13 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Elvis56 wrote:
Smooth and not grippy? The tops of the pips on the sheets I saw were ribbed, definitely not smooth.

Sorry, You are right. Ribbed, of course.

Geddk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next