OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 06:51 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
For what it is worth, given the recent changes to one of the technical leaflets cited in another thread, supposedly only the logo being visible through translucent red OX is illegal. "Natural" wood grain should be OK. I did have an international umpire answer me this a week or 2 ago. As for whether the blade has been dyed, I don't know.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 16:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Retriever wrote:
For what it is worth, given the recent changes to one of the technical leaflets cited in another thread, supposedly only the logo being visible through translucent red OX is illegal. "Natural" wood grain should be OK. I did have an international umpire answer me this a week or 2 ago. As for whether the blade has been dyed, I don't know.

I re-read the technical leaflet T4; it seems the rule that red tops-sheets shall not be used on dark sponges (blue, black) is stricken off; that could imply red OX LP can be used on dark coloured blades, but on the other hand the values for what is to be considered "bright red" are still the same and I am not sure if the hue of a red LP on a blue blade is within the boundaries indicated, nor am I able to measure it... But maybe it's not a big deal. A Xiying 979 isn't translucent and is a dull pinkish red; when I glue a translucent bright red Double Fish 1615 on my blue Defense Plus blade, the colour changes to about that of the Xiying. I think I'll just risk it.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 07:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
haggisv wrote:
You might have seen one of my recent topics of trying to find opaque glue sheets? That was for the same reasons as I'm searching for the best solution too.

To answer your question, technically only an adhesive layer of not more than 0.1mm is allowed between rubber and blade, so paper would not be legal. An opaque glue sheet would be legal, but they are rare (I had some from the old brand Se7en which don't exist anymore), and I've not been able to locate a source for them.

The other option is to paint the blade (white or red), which may technically also not be legal, but since most blades have some graphics printed on them anyway, it's obviously widely accepted as being legal.
haggisv is correct. I had one of the old Se7en white gluesheets and it was just what you're needing, but sadly long gone from the market. Given your blade constraint I'd recommend applying a very thin layer of white or tan spray paint to the LP side.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013, 01:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The glue-sheets size A4 I had ordered came with the mail today. I think it is made in Holland (the English is like this: "Press the paper slowly from 1 site with the thumb on the background." It could have been made in China, but the Dutch is flawless.) Quality seems adequate to me and the sheets are thin - I can't see the difference with a Donic or Andro glue-sheet, but it is not as thin as a Xiom glue-sheet. I don't think it would be illegal to use it.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013, 07:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Then the only questions is, whether it's strong enough.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013, 17:47 
The King

Kees wrote:
The glue-sheets size A4 I had ordered came with the mail today. I think it is made in Holland (the English is like this: "Press the paper slowly from 1 site with the thumb on the background." It could have been made in China, but the Dutch is flawless.) Quality seems adequate to me and the sheets are thin - I can't see the difference with a Donic or Andro glue-sheet, but it is not as thin as a Xiom glue-sheet. I don't think it would be illegal to use it.

Did you order these sheets? Been thinking of ordering those myself.

http://m.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrij ... ousPage=lr

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 05:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Elvis56 wrote:
Kees wrote:

Did you order these sheets? Been thinking of ordering those myself.

http://m.marktplaats.nl/a/hobby-en-vrij ... ousPage=lr

No, this one: http://www.hofvangelrekraaltotaal.nl/a- ... folie-wit/

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 07:03 
Super User

It should be possible to remove the color of the blade, using solvents and a bit sandpaper.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 07:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Capoblanco wrote:
It should be possible to remove the color of the blade, using solvents and a bit sandpaper.

Often it's not the graphics or writing on the blade, but the wood itself that has dark and light grain, which is hard to remove. ;) :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 02:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:

Excellent point. It isn't. Bubbles have come up after just a day.
@Elvis: don't buy it...

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 04:56 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Capoblanco wrote:

Often it's not the graphics or writing on the blade, but the wood itself that has dark and light grain, which is hard to remove. ;) :lol:

Kees wrote:
I own a number of blades suitable for use with LP in OX, but they are died in dark colours, for instance blue (Tibhar Defene Plus) or black (Friendship Black Whirlwind).

Both are painted.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 05:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Capoblanco wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Capoblanco wrote:

Kees wrote:
I own a number of blades suitable for use with LP in OX, but they are died in dark colours, for instance blue (Tibhar Defene Plus) or black (Friendship Black Whirlwind).

Both are painted.

So they are. But to remove the paint would mean to remove about 0.5 mm at least of the surface; probably no problem with the Black Whirlwind, but definitely so with the Tibhar blade which has a thin outer ply covering a balsa ply.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 07:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Kees wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Excellent point. It isn't. Bubbles have come up after just a day.
@Elvis: don't buy it...

You only other option is to re-glue it with a strong glue.... should still be legal. ;)

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2022, 17:47 

haggisv wrote:
And MAX spin with my inverted, which I do... :lol:

Old thread, but I think the problem remains. And it's not helping that at least for my style of LP play, I seem to realize rosewood (which is darker) is the prefer veneer for playing with LP OX. And red OX is almost always more disturbing than black.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2022, 19:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Is there an opaque white glue sheet available? Or are they all transparent?

Iskandar