OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: D tech v GD Meteorite
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2019, 19:04 
Super User

I have been playing for a few months now with both dtechs and meteorite. I tried dtechs as the general consensus on here is that since the ‘ban’ dtechs is the best long pips for reversal/disturbance yet difficult to attack with. Well I have to say I have found Meteorite to be the far more effective long pimple and without doubt more troublesome for my opponent. Hits are excellent and the control in the passive side of long lips play is in my opinion better than dtechs. Block and chop invariably makes the opponent hit the ball long when trying to attack whereas with dtech fat less effective.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2019, 22:47 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Agree totally - as an SP/MP player and occasional dabbler in LP I have found GM meteorite to be easy to use great for all types of play and better than D tech's at least in 1.0mm sponge.

Were you comparing OX or sponge versions versions.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 01:58 
Super User

I always play .5 sponge with long pips

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 02:49 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
thanks. I tried meteorite in 1.0mm sponge but thought 0.5mm might work better on my Bloodhound blade. Will get a sheet off my local stockist.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 03:24 
Super User

I’m now playing the meteorite on a dr N Titan blade and wow what a combination. It has transformed my game

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 04:25 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
Can we get some more indept details? I really like Dtecs OX. Imho hitting high balls close to the net consistently is pretty doable.The reversal and control is good... but the above about meteorite has my interest

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 04:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
TTnightmare wrote:
I have been playing for a few months now with both dtechs and meteorite. I tried dtechs as the general consensus on here is that since the ‘ban’ dtechs is the best long pips for reversal/disturbance yet difficult to attack with. Well I have to say I have found Meteorite to be the far more effective long pimple and without doubt more troublesome for my opponent. Hits are excellent and the control in the passive side of long lips play is in my opinion better than dtechs. Block and chop invariably makes the opponent hit the ball long when trying to attack whereas with dtech fat less effective.

GD Meteorite is a great lp.I used it in ox years ago.I don't know how well it performs with the new ball . A pro player here has been using Meteorite for modern defense for years,which means the rubber is effective.Maybe now he changed the bh rubber due to the abs ball,I don't know.

The reason why I stopped playing with this rubber is I wanted a more low trajectory and a bit more reversal .

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2019, 21:46 
Super User

I have found the Meteorite with my Titan blade has a low trajectory and the control is amazing. Flat hits superb and opponent invariably puts the ball in the net when I hit with pace but the really notable difference between the dtechs and meteorite is the disturbance/reversal effect. Without doubt the meteorite is far superior which has been a surprise to me following all the reviews on here.