OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 04:21 
Super User

Agenda&Neptun

Video Test

Last edited by osyris21 on 08 Oct 2014, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 05:08 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Looks very promising with chopping.
How about spin reversal close to the table and spin sensitivity?
Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2014, 16:24 
Super User

Geddk wrote:
Looks very promising with chopping.
How about spin reversal close to the table and spin sensitivity?
Cheers
Geddk

spin reversal - Below an average on a table. Very strongly in 2-3 zone.
spin sensitivity- Not strongly reacts. The tenacious. But long distance between columns
Strong "stop" of a ball. The player constantly was mistaken. It lost blow

Release at the beginning of 2015
Forgive for my "French" 8)

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2014, 13:36 

Blade: Cornilleau Gatien Crown
FH: Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0
BH: Hallmark Tactics OX
Could you please compare Agenda with Hellfire and Dornenglanz.
Cuold you plese write about your Libero TTL blade? (speed, stiffness)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 16:54 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Yesterday I received a sheet of Agenda ox (red) and will be testing it for a few sessions. I'm not sure if I will have time to practice tonight but if I don't I have another session planned on saturday. I glued it on a Defplay Senso with H3 on FH.

Initial impressions are that the pips are a bit softer than Dornenglanz and it seems so be a bit slower, but this is just from bouncing and spinning the ball on the blade, not actually playing. It seems to be a bit more grippy as well so I expect it to be a bit more spin sensitive. I also expect it to have a decent or good breaking effect. It do remind me a lot of Hellfire just by touching the rubber and bouncing a ball around, but Hellfire is probably a tad softer if my memory serves me right.

I will be comparing it to Hellfire and of course Dornenglanz since these are the ones I've been playing with the most. I can give a comparison to D.Tecs as well if wanted but Agenda will probably be a very different rubber.

Let's see if my experience with touching LP's is spot on or if the rubber behaves totally different at the table :D

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 19:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That will be great auzcar! Welcome back!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 18:29 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Thanks Haggisv! Feels great to be back by the table!

I had a session yesterday, had two "new" setups ready, one with Dornenglanz and a fresh sheet of Calibra LT and the other one with H3 and Agenda, both were glued on Defplay blades. I had missed that my club had changed the practice schedule for this year and thus I was at the center way too early, but I got to sparr against some of the youngsters at least. I had a bit of luck that one of our "youngsters" (now about 18) that studies at a table tennis school down in the south of Sweden was here on visit so I at least got to do some drills with her. Haven't done drills in over a year so I can really feel it today. After the practice group there was scheduled time for the main team and the rest of the adults but sadly there was only one lower level guy who showed up, probably due to the late hour.

Got to test the Agenda at least a little bit and I got some first impressions to share at least:

To start off, this is a very good substitute for Hellfire, there's a lot of similarities between them. It's definitely slower than Dornenglanz, about the same speed as Hellfire and perhaps a tad slower even. More sensitive to spin than Dornenglanz and again about the same as Hellfire so still pretty insensitive, especially for a LP this slow.

Blocking felt extremely safe on moderate loops and drives but when the opponent really stepped on the gas it I had a bit of trouble, but this is true for most LP's but I feel that Hellfire is just a tad bit better in this area. I will have to test this further though since there were so few moments when I got the chance to block a harder loop that it might just have been my technique, not being used to the LP. Agenda had really good breaking effect though, the ball had a tendency to slow down quite aggressively after it's bounce which trouble my opponents a bit, more than the reversal.

Didn't get to do much chopping so this is an area I have to get back on later, hopefully I will have a session on saturday with better partners.

Spin reversal was not that high, pretty much the same as Hellfire, Dornenglanz definitely shines in this area.

Attacking felt really safe though, I you use more inverted style strokes to attack, like Sun Jianfei for example, this would probably be an exellent rubber to try. Just remember that it's still a slow rubber. The Akerstrom lifting/punching style attacks on backspin still works the best with Dornenglanz for me, simply because I can take advantage of the reversal more.

Played some matches at the end but it's hard to evaluate that much, I still think I prefer Dornenglanz since it feels like I can get more spin and the trajectory is flatter and more aggressive.

Will report back after my next session!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2015, 22:49 
Super User

zpasha wrote:
Could you please compare Agenda with Hellfire and Dornenglanz.
Cuold you plese write about your Libero TTL blade? (speed, stiffness)

The test was carried out on other blade

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2015, 23:28 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I've had a few more sessions with the Agenda and my opinion is the same as it was after the first session. Very similar to Hellfire; safe, slow and controlled, perhaps a tad bit less reversal but also a bit slower. Very easy to attack with but you need to put the speed on the ball by yourself if this is your gameplan. Chopping was okay but nothing special, again very similar to Hellfire, not as flat arc as Dornenglanz.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2015, 23:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

auzcar wrote:
I've had a few more sessions with the Agenda and my opinion is the same as it was after the first session. Very similar to Hellfire; safe, slow and controlled, perhaps a tad bit less reversal but also a bit slower. Very easy to attack with but you need to put the speed on the ball by yourself if this is your gameplan. Chopping was okay but nothing special, again very similar to Hellfire, not as flat arc as Dornenglanz.

Any one have an idea how Agenda compares with Sternfalle (sp)?
tOD

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 02:21 
Super User

I'm playing with ox long pimples for many years. This last years I was playing with Dornenglanz and I changed to Agenda two weeks ago.

Dornenglanz (DG) is great and very disturbing for the opponent, but for chops and pushes, the control is not allways so great.
The control on every shots is a lot better with Agenda and disturbing effect is less but still good comparing with average pips.
The speed is a little lower than DG and the rubber absorb very good the speed when blocking, making it easier to block very short.
Attacking with Agenda (AGD) is a lot easier.

I would say that Agenda is better than Dornenglanz if you are not only passive blocking in the pushblocker style. If your style is only passive, you will be more effective with Dornenglanz. But if you play close to the table, blocking on loops and attacking underspin balls, AGD will be better than DG. If you play all-round, chopping some balls, AGD will be a lot better with huge more control on your chops.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 03:51 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Yeah I'm gonna give Agenda another go, I feel like I didn't give it enough time. After using Hellfire for a while I agree that the control when pushing isn't the best with Dornenglanz and that is something I miss compared to Hellfire. I'm thinking about trying Agenda on a faster blade as well.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 20:37 
Super User

I'm very surprised about the lack of reactions over this long pip. In Belgium and France this is really the long pip that everybody is testing and adopting now.
After a few weeks it's allready the 4th most used of all long pips on the market, after Grass D-Tecs, Curl P1R and Spinlord Dornenglanz.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 21:00 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Capoblanco wrote:
I'm very surprised about the lack of reactions over this long pip. In Belgium and France this is really the long pip that everybody is testing and adopting now.
After a few weeks it's allready the 4th most used of all long pips on the market, after Grass D-Tecs, Curl P1R and Spinlord Dornenglanz.

To be honest, Capo, I never heard from the pip except in this topic. Which styles does this pip fit the best?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 21:20 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
Capoblanco wrote:

To be honest, Capo, I never heard from the pip except in this topic. Which styles does this pip fit the best?

It's a real allrounder. The control is amazing and make it excellent in every strokes. The typical use is for a game close to the table with some chop at midistance, but it can be used in every style.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next