OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 21:07 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I did receive the 3 sheets of National Team Talon yesterday. I probably won't try them until Thursday in a week or so or after that as I will be playing the LA Open this coming weekend and I usually don't experiment with new rubbers before a tournament.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 13:10 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

A little update.. I finally took the 3 National Team Talons out of the package. They are cut in the shape of the blade. The left bottom corner left of the logo says NATIONAL TEAM and the rubber mix seems different and a different shade of red. I can't say that it feels softer than regular talon but maybe a bit bouncier. Will try it probably on Thursday for the first time

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 20:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Pushblocker wrote:
A little update.. I finally took the 3 National Team Talons out of the package. They are cut in the shape of the blade. The left bottom corner left of the logo says NATIONAL TEAM and the rubber mix seems different and a different shade of red. I can't say that it feels softer than regular talon but maybe a bit bouncier. Will try it probably on Thursday for the first time

Wow, so they've actually changed the mold to make these... very surprising... :o :o :o

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 23:44 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

haggisv wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

Wow, so they've actually changed the mold to make these... very surprising... :o :o :o

The round part of the logo area is also slightly changed.. That bow is a little lower than on standard Talon. They did make chanes.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2015, 11:17 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Tried the National Team Talon on Friday and I did not notice a huge difference to regular Talon.. It actually seems faster to me even though it is supposed to be slower... Will try it on a slower blade on Thursday.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2015, 20:27 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

I tried the National Team Talon again yesterday and this time, I glued it up to my regular competition blade and it played different than on the newer version of my blade.. I have to revise what I previously said.. The National Team Talon is better than regular Talon. All 3 sheets have lower trajectory than regular Talon and the control is better too.. National Team Talon is my new rubber! I played matches against 2 players that usually destroy me 3:0 and, even though I still lost, I lost both matches 2:3 and could have won either of them.. So, I think that the National Team Talon is better than regular Talon.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2015, 23:01 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Tnx for the valuable info :up:

i have recently switched from Dornenglantz (i was getting pissed with broken pimples) and found a good replacement in Dragon talon, just bought a new sheet...

so now, i guess, i will have to order National variant too :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 02:23 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

111Iceman111 wrote:
Tnx for the valuable info :up:

i have recently switched from Dornenglantz (i was getting pissed with broken pimples) and found a good replacement in Dragon talon, just bought a new sheet...

so now, i guess, i will have to order National variant too :rock:

Just like the regular Talon, it's not the easiest rubber to control but once you combine it with the right blade. I'm pretty sure that I will switch from regular Talon to the National Team version for my next tournaments as also in training.. It's the closest thing to the old DTecS that I've found so far..

Just ordered 5 more sheets...

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 03:08 
Super User

One pesky issue: The stuff isn't on the approved list of rubbers. GD (apparently) changes the compound...but hasn't bothered to get it approved?

Is it "legal" to play with the otherGD "soft" versions?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 05:12 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

treetop wrote:
One pesky issue: The stuff isn't on the approved list of rubbers. GD (apparently) changes the compound...but hasn't bothered to get it approved?

I haven't heard anything about them not being legal.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 16:14 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Pushblocker wrote:
treetop wrote:

Check for the ITTF logo at the bottom of the National sheet ..

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 22:56 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

LOOPOVER wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
treetop wrote:

Check for the ITTF logo at the bottom of the National sheet ..

It's just like the regular talon..

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2015, 11:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It will be interesting to hear what your next 5 sheets will be like, Pushblocker. This will tell us if they're really different, or just a batch variation.
I'm still put-off by the term 'national Team' though...that's just marketing... and all they've probably done is vary the formulations a little.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2015, 03:40 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

haggisv wrote:
It will be interesting to hear what your next 5 sheets will be like, Pushblocker. This will tell us if they're really different, or just a batch variation.
I'm still put-off by the term 'national Team' though...that's just marketing... and all they've probably done is vary the formulations a little.

There is a clear difference in shade of red.. Regular Talon is pretty transparent and almost orange when installed on a light colored blade and National Team Talon is a darker shade of red and not as transparent.. I'm extremely happy with the National Team Talon and I'm pretty sure that this is the rubber that I'll use in tournaments from now on.. I feel that it has more directional control than regular Talon. The only issue is when you don't hit the ball "clean" in the center of the rubber.. It tends to go long on those shots.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2015, 00:27 

I find national team redder, lower over the net, faster, a little easier to control and am able to execute a back hand roll over shot on occasion( I cannot make that shot with regular talon ox). I got 3 sheets and all appeared of equal quality. Interesting that on a smaller size blade head than a firewall, the words " National Team" can be cut off the sheet. The ITTF code is the same as regular talon. One practice partner said the national seemed slightly more disruptive. I am changing immediately to national team version. The pips seem softer a little.

USATT Rating: 1682