OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Metal TT death
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 07:06 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
A warning regarding the sponged version. It’s extremely brittle. I had to use acetone in order to not break it completely when removing it. I’ve probably glued 20-30 different rubbers and I’ve never encountered such a brittle rubber. Using Andro Free Glue which I believe is manufactured by ESN (so it should be very similar to the Xiom, Donic, Tibhar etc equivalents).

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 09:45 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
What was brittle, the sponge or the topsheet?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 15:18 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
hardbatpower wrote:
What was brittle, the sponge or the topsheet?

The sponge.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2021, 20:30 
Super User

Hi,

I tried this blade recently on an medium-stiff Allround Blade, and was blown-away by the consistency & control I could achieve with this .. The first game, I play was against an average player, and I was mostly passive-blocking. I could move the ball (and hence the player too) around the table, with great ease.. Next, I started with a bit of aggressive pushing, and with this setup, I could do so, better than with any of my own setups .. Not much of funkiness in flight or after bounce, but the ball stayed low, and on the table ..

Next 2-3 games, I played was against 2 relentless power-loopers. Now, against this type of a player, I would usually step-back (mid-distance), and chop. Doing so, with this setup, was super controlled, and I could land well-above 90% of the chops against top-spins, on the table.. After the first set, I was advised by the owner of the Death setup, to use my wrist while chopping, and even pushing .. This then, made one heck of difference, sending back, low returns with considering amount of backspin/side-spin. This coupled with the reduced-pace of my returns , seem to really trouble the relentless power-looper sorts.

Then, I started getting cocky - attempting to do something I never do during a game - Chop-block, against easier loops/top-spins - and even that worked... Hell, I even attack more consistently, with this LP ..

Did not notice and out-right funkiness or disruption with this LP.. Not much of reversal either, that this until to use your wrist - That's when, I feel, this rubber, starts to shine..

Dunno whether it was just beginner's luck, but my, this rubber has been quite a revelation ... To me, it felt like a do-it-all rubber.

I wonder if anyones using this as a primary rubber, in 2021 ?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2021, 23:05 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
ootbs wrote:
Hi,

I tried this blade recently on an medium-stiff Allround Blade, and was blown-away by the consistency & control I could achieve with this .. The first game, I play was against an average player, and I was mostly passive-blocking. I could move the ball (and hence the player too) around the table, with great ease.. Next, I started with a bit of aggressive pushing, and with this setup, I could do so, better than with any of my own setups .. Not much of funkiness in flight or after bounce, but the ball stayed low, and on the table ..

Next 2-3 games, I played was against 2 relentless power-loopers. Now, against this type of a player, I would usually step-back (mid-distance), and chop. Doing so, with this setup, was super controlled, and I could land well-above 90% of the chops against top-spins, on the table.. After the first set, I was advised by the owner of the Death setup, to use my wrist while chopping, and even pushing .. This then, made one heck of difference, sending back, low returns with considering amount of backspin/side-spin. This coupled with the reduced-pace of my returns , seem to really trouble the relentless power-looper sorts.

Then, I started getting cocky - attempting to do something I never do during a game - Chop-block, against easier loops/top-spins - and even that worked... Hell, I even attack more consistently, with this LP ..

Did not notice and out-right funkiness or disruption with this LP.. Not much of reversal either, that this until to use your wrist - That's when, I feel, this rubber, starts to shine..

Dunno whether it was just beginner's luck, but my, this rubber has been quite a revelation ... To me, it felt like a do-it-all rubber.

OX?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2021, 00:30 
Super User

AA wrote:
doom71 wrote:
I found this new interesting video. The boy is 12 years old and beats the number 2 of France in his category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cqg3GTW2oM

look at the block at 2:50 - and reach your conclusions... :?:

I'ts a chop block. BTW just ordered a red OX sheet to try & compare vs Giant Dragon Talon red OX National Team.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2021, 01:30 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
You will find more control than GD NT , more expensive too .However, it won't beat GD braking effect.I stopped using GD NT due to the super mega high sensitivity to the no spin ball.I did even try an experiment at the time,which was to try and reduce the speed of the rubber, just the speed of the rubber.Even with 20% less speed ,the high sensitivity to no spin balls was still there .

Let me remind anybody that GD NT is expensive too .

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2021, 07:13 
Super User

How do you reduced the speed?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2021, 15:21 
Super User

merlin el mago wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Hi,

OX?

Yes.. OX (Red)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2021, 00:43 
Super User

Just arrived!

Attachments:
DEATH.jpg
DEATH.jpg [ 36.45 KiB | Viewed 1675 times ]

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2021, 20:25 
Super User

It's fast com pared vs Giant Dragon Talon NT OX red treated with sun & loctite.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2021, 23:42 
Super User

No sink effect. The pips are more concentrated & stiff.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2021, 00:06 
Super User

The last week tried with Nittaku Acoustic Carbon but was impossible to chop block close to the table because the blade is too fast, yesterday changed the Stiga All Round Classic for Stiga Infinity VPS Diamond Touch Legend handle and now is other story, this rubber is very good, a lot safe than Thibar Grass DTecs & Giant Dragon Talon National Team, it seems harder than the other two & the control is simply superb. Today I will play agains very strong players to see how performs.

N.B. Be care for the weight of Stiga Infinity VPS Diamond Touch, I have a couple: Legend handle 80gr & ST handle 93gr....

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2022, 20:46 

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Donic Bluefire M1 Turbo
BH: DM Kamikaze OX Green
I tried this rubber OX with kokutaku ice & fire and BT primorac (old 90´s blade) but not good for me.
TT pips are more concentrated than DM Kamikaze or Sauer Hellfire, but TT is more controllable.
TT pips are medium hard but no sinking effect. Need push the ball and play actively to be effective.
Similar to cropcircles rubber, but cropcircles is more soft and efective to AR game.
Kamikaze and Hellfire are mor dangerous to attack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7