OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2022, 21:55 

I am wondering about one thing.. I read this forum for a long time and I think in my opinion 60% of the post about long pimples is about grass dtecs. Almost always when someone ask about long pimples, spin reversal or good disturbing effect, people answer that dtecs is one of the best long pimples.

But in my opinion if dtecs is so good long pimple in opinion of many table tennis players why top players from national leagues or world league plays the most of butterfly feint long 3...

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2022, 00:37 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Can be BTY sponsored or the players feels more easy or consistent to make the stroke. I see pro players using TSP/Victas or Joola so not everybody uses BTY.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2022, 01:23 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
CzopiarzePL wrote:
I am wondering about one thing.. I read this forum for a long time and I think in my opinion 60% of the post about long pimples is about grass dtecs. Almost always when someone ask about long pimples, spin reversal or good disturbing effect, people answer that dtecs is one of the best long pimples.

But in my opinion if dtecs is so good long pimple in opinion of many table tennis players why top players from national leagues or world league plays the most of butterfly feint long 3...

I am not an expert on this, but I highly suspect that Dtecs is mostly praised here as a 'disturbing' LP, frequently in OX, great for blocking at the table and confusing opponents of not so high level (let's face it, most people here are amateurs).

Top LP players are usually choppers/modern defenders, and they apparently prefer sponged LP that can control strong loops at that level, and allow you to better manipulate spin (which implies pips with some friction), so Feint Long III is/was popular.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2022, 22:50 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
pgpg wrote:
CzopiarzePL wrote:

I am not an expert on this, but I highly suspect that Dtecs is mostly praised here as a 'disturbing' LP, frequently in OX, great for blocking at the table and confusing opponents of not so high level (let's face it, most people here are amateurs).

Top LP players are usually choppers/modern defenders, and they apparently prefer sponged LP that can control strong loops at that level, and allow you to better manipulate spin (which implies pips with some friction), so Feint Long III is/was popular.

It will forever be funny to me that Tibhar's "Grass D.Tecs", which mates (a modified version of?) their Grass topsheet with their D.Tecs sponge, is most popular in OX, and this version of Grass which lacks the D.Tecs sponge is usually referred to as "DTecs OX".

I'm further convinced that most of the people calling it that know all of the above and are just keeping the running gag going.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2022, 16:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

CzopiarzePL wrote:

Might it be because most of the people who aren't in the top international level don't actually play a Joo or Gionis-style long range chopping game, but tend to be blockers or push-blockers?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2022, 09:00 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
The former strongest Russian male defender Maxim Chaplygin uses Tibhar Grass D.Tecs 0.5. But he is Tibhar sponsored player.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2023, 15:30 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Haha, exactly one year later, and I am researching sponged Grass Dtecs once again after somewhat hitting the ceiling with my P4V :lol:

I am currently testing a 1.2 thickness on a Diode. I think I developed a lot more skill compared to last year and I can sorta handle this beast. I am sure the 0.9 thickness is even easier to tame. Pushing over the table absolutely blows compared to my P4(V) but everything else ... hmm... seems promising.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2023, 00:23 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Been following Alex Wu for quite some time. 2400 level is a very high level of play in my books. Interestingly, he doesn't "push" over the table, mostly bumps...

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2023, 01:45 
Super User

1.6 mm. Grass DTecs stops the ball and chops so heavy on blades like Joo Se Hyuk or Victas KMOffensive...And this is heavy, specially when combined with thick inverted rubbers on the other side...