OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 08:13 
Super User

I really don’t understand the positive remarks regarding this rubber. I’ve tried troublemaker in ox and with sponge and quite frankly it is not in my top five. Yes you can control it but so can opponents very little disturbance or reversal. Overpriced and overrated. Meteorite, bomb talent to name just two that are far more effective than troublemaker

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 10:22 
Super User

Agree with TTnightmare. Tried TM - excellent control. Regularly play Bomb Talent and Dawei388D. They are both far more effective long pips.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 16:04 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
TTnightmare wrote:
I really don’t understand the positive remarks regarding this rubber. I’ve tried troublemaker in ox and with sponge and quite frankly it is not in my top five. Yes you can control it but so can opponents very little disturbance or reversal. Overpriced and overrated. Meteorite, bomb talent to name just two that are far more effective than troublemaker

I think that might be the point of the pips though, slower safer blocks easy to control. But I also agree that for sure there must be a cheaper one that does the same.

I played a bit last night with the 388d and that feels like everything people say TM is and that cost me less than $10 lol

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 21:09 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
The choice of long pimples to suit a player's particular style is very subjective. If i choose a rubber which suits me, this may not be suitable for many other players.
Trouble Maker is good for my style of play and I play to a relative high standard. However there are many variables which must be taken into account when choosing long pimples. These include blade selection and the skill of your opponents, to name only two.
My advice is to find a rubber which suits your particular needs and do not keep searching for something else in the hope that it will be better.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 22:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
There are different kinds of truth in what people have been saying lately .I think Tm is a great pip for medium level players.What bothers opponents is disruption and Tm offers verylittle in this department .However, you can just use TM to set up a good Fh attack .If you just depend on TM's disruption to get points, you'd better not waste your money.

This is maybe the controversy created about the hype.Too much hype for little disruption.Little or zero disruption for 36€ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2021, 00:13 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Not the only one with poor disruption, the new Spinlord Dornenglanz III a lot of control but zero reversal & zero disruption.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2021, 02:10 
Super User

Yeah to be honest I think you all make very valid points. I don't see a problem with a LP behaving that way, it is a steep price if something a hell of a lot cheaper can do almost the exact same thing though. But I am not one to believe equipment is what holds people back (as long as it's good and vouched for of course).

But regardless of it all I don't think it's over hyped at all I think it does exactly what it's meant to do. While I'm now on my journey to playing farily close to the table I do want a well controlled long pip on my other racket for testing purposes. If my 388d doesn't do that job then I'll definitely be willing to purchase TM or the SD3 mentioned (need to look more into that though).

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2021, 03:16 

Trouble Maker does produce disruption. I can get lots of backspin if my opponent loops to my pimples. Also if I do a side top spin serve (pendulum serve), I can keep the spin on the ball if it comes back and my return with a block is effective.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 23:13 
Super User

jmkeynes wrote:
Trouble Maker does produce disruption. I can get lots of backspin if my opponent loops to my pimples. Also if I do a side top spin serve (pendulum serve), I can keep the spin on the ball if it comes back and my return with a block is effective.

Troublemaker does seem to be very popular among the youtubers I've asked too. I would believe it to be one of the best weapons at a higher playing level for sure.

Can I ask if you've tried Dawei 388d or d-1, dhs c8, friendship 755, spinlord dornenglanz 3.
I want to know if any of them play the same or very similar as they are all a lot cheaper.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 00:57 

Ndragon wrote:
jmkeynes wrote:

Troublemaker does seem to be very popular among the youtubers I've asked too. I would believe it to be one of the best weapons at a higher playing level for sure.

Can I ask if you've tried Dawei 388d or d-1, dhs c8, friendship 755, spinlord dornenglanz 3.
I want to know if any of them play the same or very similar as they are all a lot cheaper.

Yes, I have tried all of those rubbers which you have mentioned in the past few years. However I keep on coming back to the Trouble Maker.
The only ones that I found close to Trouble Maker were Giant dragon Talon and the original Hellfire.
Look at the videos on Youtube for Trouble Maker and Hellfire to get a comparison. You may have to try different blades also. I think that allround blades are better than offensive blades for ox pimples.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 01:48 
Super User

jmkeynes wrote:
Ndragon wrote:
jmkeynes wrote:

Yes, I have tried all of those rubbers which you have mentioned in the past few years. However I keep on coming back to the Trouble Maker.
The only ones that I found close to Trouble Maker were Giant dragon Talon and the original Hellfire.
Look at the videos on Youtube for Trouble Maker and Hellfire to get a comparison. You may have to try different blades also. I think that allround blades are better than offensive blades for ox pimples.

Oh wow so none of those are even similar. I won't be trying any other blade, sticking to my Stiga ALL classic. Just concerned about if I can control the Dtecs vs the higher level of play I eventually want to get to in the future. Just not looking to spend much money finding something that sounds as good and controlled as Troublemaker. So if none of those cheaper ones are similar then maybe I'll get TM when it goes on sale.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2021, 19:34 

Maybe our review will help ?:)

https://youtu.be/2Q3_-V-pM1Q

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2021, 12:17 

Hello,

Has anyone removed the glue sheet from TM? Does it make a different playing characteristic? Thank you!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2021, 05:50 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
can you compare the Tm to the spinlord sternfallen É I played with it since about a year and i like it. It is an all around pimples but wonder if the Tm would suit me to prepare my FH loop attack.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2021, 21:20 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Troublemaker OX is a very good allround pip. We tested it and are happy with it.
Not as deceptive as the D Tecs but it’s versability makes it a good weapon. Active or passive it has its possibilities in every situation.
Could not find something I could not do with it. Just a little bit adaptation in technique if you played MP before.
Not as fast as MP but good to set up your FH game. :rock: Played it on Firewall Plus also and it matches very well.
Take al little bit time to adapt but it shouldn’t take weeks to get used to it.

Summary / review:
- Active chopblocks with good reversal / Passive blocks possible to keep it on the table with knuckle ball little sink + medium speed
- Long distance defence: good reversal and low on the table
- Easy to attack backspin or opponents serve: good attacking opportunities with LP technique and sort of topspinstroke
- Deception comes from the flexibility of the rubber: good attacking and defending options with different sort of spins. :devil:
- Play active to get the most out of this rubber: speed is slow-medium in the attacking department which is good if you have a fast FH to take the pace off with the BH and to accelerate with the FH. But with the Firewall Plus you can have a good accelerations as well with the blade and the right technique.

Of course this is my personal opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next