OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2019, 23:13 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
charmander defender wrote:
I have been wondering if Tm plus a carbon blade ( off -) could yield better results.I think the added speed from the carbon layers will make the rubber more dangerous and since Tm is really slow, a carbon blade could improve its performance .Maybe the carbon Grubba might make TM better ? .

I have mounted Tm on DMS deluxe carbon and an inverted on 1.4mm on the fh . Maybe somebody here has tried TM on a carbon blade yet ?

I use a red OX TM on the BH of my TSP trinity Carbon which works incredibly well for me :up: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2019, 03:42 

Blade: Donier Def
FH: Stiga DNA H
BH: Globe 979
I have been using TM (OX) for some months now but struggling with many opponents who seems to have non problems looping back. However I can confirm that TM is great against weaker opposition, but against higher ranked players you need to attack and not just defence. I switched to Globe 979 and instantly got benefits against higher ranked players because of the real good attacking-possibilities the 979 provides. So in my opinion no doubt that the TM is best suited against lower ranked players.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 17:27 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Saw this photo making the rounds on Facebook.

Attachments:
78319675_2789521337735589_9113438599407206400_n.jpg
78319675_2789521337735589_9113438599407206400_n.jpg [ 83.68 KiB | Viewed 2227 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2019, 22:36 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Wow, all I can think is they got a bad sheet.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2019, 00:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
It does seem terrible,however, the player's style has a lot to do when pips break so fast . I have had a new DG for 7 months now,... no pip broken,... yes, the other older DG, yes,..it lost pips but just at the edge of the blade,... it appears it must have been me hitting the blade when blocking,... but zero broken pips in the centre of the blade . I mostly do passive blocking,...zero hitting,.. just pushing when necessary,... no hitting with the rubber is paramount for anybody not to lose pips .

My red Tm, well worn down, has not lost any pips at all :lol: :)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 19:35 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Any data on pips lost on red vs. black sheets?

I have been using TM in red for a few months now and have had no pips break so far.

I know some rubbers seem a bitter softer in black...

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2019, 15:46 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I tested some blades with TM ox.

1. Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def OFF- Stiff with very linear bounce, hard to create spin with FH, hard to find suitable FH rubber,
2. Joola Chen Weixing ALL+ Powerful and spinny FH, cloth structure gives dwell, slight vibrations
3. Butterfly Gruppa All+ ALL+ Bouncy, soft and dwelly feel, fastes FH smashes, loops well
4. Donic Defplay ALL Flexy and hard vibrating feeling, catapult can add or take away speed, least linear
5. TSP Reflex Defence DEF+ Slow and dwelly, lots of FH spin with short trajectory, no catapult

CHOPPING with TM ox: CWX = UltraCD >= Defplay >=ReflexD > Gruppa
- CWX just feels good, consistent chops, not very dangerous in chopping and lack variation.
- UltraCD surprinly nice control, good spin, didn't test much, but it has promise for more.
- Defplay chops well, but more inconsistent than CWX, on the other hand more dangerous, as there is natural variation.
- ReflexD is controlled, but too slow and predictable, and the braking effect is not much better than faster blades.
- Gruppa has smaller face an is not a actual chopping blade and because of the bouncy nature don't grip the ball to make "real chop".

BLOCKING with TM ox: CWX >=Defplay >=Gruppa > ReflexD = UltraCD
- CWX blocks are low and on the faster side and control is good.
- Defplay blocks good because of hardness, variable speed and lenght, but some inconsistency.
- Gruppa blocks nice off the bounce, not so good if you take the ball further away.
- ReflexD is controlled, but too slow and predictable and trajectory is too high.
- UltraCD is too fuzzy with the angle resulting to easy mistakes, otherwise blocks are OK.

Attack and active table play with TM ox: Defplay >= CWX > Gruppa > ReflexD =UltraCD
- Defplay has good speed helped by flex and many variable plays are possible.
- CWX has good control in active play, but adding substantial speed is not easy.
- Gruppa is good for distributing ball of the bounce, otherwise variation lacks and adding speed lacks control.
- ReflexD lacks speed for active plays.
- UltraCD don't grip the ball and room for wrong angle is critical, so active plays are difficult.

For forehand looping CWX, Defplay and Gruppa all+ work well, depending on preference. ReflexD is slow, but otherwise playable, UltraCD don't work for me in looping with most normal rubbers, as it's too stiff to create spin. Only Skyline 3 rubber worked for me and another member said that Haifu Whale suits well with it.

CONCLUSION: CWX has been my main blade for years and and I reached the same conclusion it to be clearly best with TM ox - the same conclusion as every time with testing of other blades.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2019, 20:22 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
It does seem terrible,however, the player's style has a lot to do when pips break so fast . I have had a new DG for 7 months now,... no pip broken,... yes, the other older DG, yes,..it lost pips but just at the edge of the blade,... it appears it must have been me hitting the blade when blocking,... but zero broken pips in the centre of the blade . I mostly do passive blocking,...zero hitting,.. just pushing when necessary,... no hitting with the rubber is paramount for anybody not to lose pips .

Thanks for your recommendation to play with Globe 979 with sponge,I won over high ranked players yesterday. :clap:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 02:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gigant wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation to play with Globe 979 with sponge,I won over high ranked players yesterday. :clap:

Did I ? I don't seem to remember.Thank you! anyway . :)

Globe 979 ox, ONLY plays great for blocking if the friction is lost or if it has very little friction. With new sheets, the speed is rather fast and the no spin balls are complicated .With low friction or no friction, Globe 979 ox is a great blocking rubber with a fairly low trajectory and CHEAP!!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE! :lol: :lol: .

It is funny the old classic pips still work great with the new ball : BT, Globe,Palio, Dawei,...., which raises the question : why all the hype about the new rubbers " ESPECIALLY DESIGNED " for the new ball ??

Marketing and taking the bait , that is :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 03:20 

Gigant wrote:

Did I ? I don't seem to remember.Thank you! anyway . :)

I use DMS Dibolic
Globe 979 ox, ONLY plays great for blocking if the friction is lost or if it has very little friction. With new sheets, the speed is rather fast and the no spin balls are complicated .With low friction or no friction, Globe 979 ox is a great blocking rubber with a fairly low trajectory and CHEAP!!!! FOR GOD'S SAKE! :lol: :lol: .

It is funny the old classic pips still work great with the new ball : BT, Globe,Palio, Dawei,...., which raises the question : why all the hype about the new rubbers " ESPECIALLY DESIGNED " for the new ball ??

Marketing and taking the bait , that is :lol: :lol:

I use Diabolic sponge and 979 the combination is fantastic :clap:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 04:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Great for you !!! it is important to experiment.I guess the Diabolic sponge is excellent to block the powerful blocks , however, I don't think reversal is enough due to the sponge .Also, the dampening sponge may let you block shorter,.... but you may lose too much reversal as you are not using ox .

Maybe you are not a blocker and you tend to attack more . :)

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 04:34 

Great for you !!! it is important to experiment.I guess the Diabolic sponge is excellent to block the powerful blocks , however, I don't think reversal is enough due to the sponge .Also, the dampening sponge may let you block shorter,.... but you may lose too much reversal as you are not using ox .

I'm attacking and have a small error rate,with this combination and confuses the opponent very much,try it and you vill be surprised :D

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2019, 20:01 

Blade: Re-Impact Smart
FH: Hellfire OX
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.7mm
Gigant wrote:

I'm attacking and have a small error rate,with this combination and confuses the opponent very much,try it and you vill be surprised :D

Where do you buy the Diabolic sponge? I would like to try this combination

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2019, 23:02 

jeanc wrote:
Gigant wrote:

Where do you buy the Diabolic sponge? I would like to try this combination

I removed it from the existing one,put this in boiling water and you can remove

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 19:52 

Hi lp lovers,

I have another video in a veterans tournament for sharing using Dr.Neubauer TM OX on a Dr.N World Champion blade. The opponent is a rather top LP expert with LP on both sides. However, I managed to use TM OX to chop most of the time against his killer swipe and do BH roll/drive and FH smashes to win the game.

To be honest, TM OX is not as weird as Tibhar DTecs OX, that is for sure. However, its the consistency, all-round features, ball return and having fewer error rates which shine. Since its not that weird, therefore it wont do magic. When you vs higher ranking players, you need to attack to compromise its weakness like the other video 'Test #2' on page 26 vs a looper.

Cheers!
PingpongStephen :) :) :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next