OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 20:31 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Very well played,Stephen !! :clap: :clap: .... Tm works really well for this kind of opponents,... and yes what you describe about Tm is true,.... but in my experience at high levels, Tm is very weak as the opponent can reloop and reloop so easily,..... so the attacks are terrible as they are loaded with speed or spin,... or both ,....

In the pip against pip game, Tm is a safe bet and as you have very well done , you have attacked with inverted when the opportunity was right,...

That's all about it,.... maybe Tm mirrors the weaknesses of pips,... with the current regulations after some point in the scale of levels,...the pips are too inefficient, that's the reason why a good defender has to have a great fh , and a very good twiddling game,..... those are defenders that come up the ladder to a higher level,..... the rest who just stick to the pips game with / or a poor fh or zero twiddling will always remain in the run of the mill ranks,..which , of course it is respectable,... I am not
looking down on people who choose to play like that,.... just point out that from my experience if one wants to improve the road is obvious : improve the fh, and twiddle

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 20:50 

Thanks a lot for your comments and advise Charmander. Its a long learning cure in order to be a good modern defender, either as a chop blocker or chopper. Whichever way you go, always broaden the ways to play effectively, like twiddling to BH push or BH loop, FH drive/loop and be more aggressive as you just cant rely on LP OX to win a game. Lower graders its ok, but vs powerful looper... no chance at all.
The best way is to learn skill by skill and combine them together in games, just like Kung Fu star, Bruce Lee. Takes time, but we will get there one day!

Cheers
PingpongStephen :) :) :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 14:38 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
charmander defender wrote:
Very well played,Stephen !! :clap: :clap: .... Tm works really well for this kind of opponents,... and yes what you describe about Tm is true,.... but in my experience at high levels, Tm is very weak as the opponent can reloop and reloop so easily,..... so the attacks are terrible as they are loaded with speed or spin,... or both ,....

In the pip against pip game, Tm is a safe bet and as you have very well done , you have attacked with inverted when the opportunity was right,...

That's all about it,.... maybe Tm mirrors the weaknesses of pips,... with the current regulations after some point in the scale of levels,...the pips are too inefficient, that's the reason why a good defender has to have a great fh , and a very good twiddling game,..... those are defenders that come up the ladder to a higher level,..... the rest who just stick to the pips game with / or a poor fh or zero twiddling will always remain in the run of the mill ranks,..which , of course it is respectable,... I am not
looking down on people who choose to play like that,.... just point out that from my experience if one wants to improve the road is obvious : improve the fh, and twiddle

Do you think the spin is too low even with chop blocks vs loops? How about lp hitting?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 15:09 

Thanks skillness_Slapper for your appreciation!

One way to describe TM is its just safe and does all-round job pretty well. Its not weird at all. You have to extremely play hard vs loopers.
Just like on page 26 of this post, I have to try all sorts of Lp strokes to beat a looper plus Serves and FH attack!

For amateur type of play, its OK. DTecs OX is still the best in terms of spin and weirdness!

Cheers

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 16:00 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
pingpongstephen wrote:
Thanks skillness_Slapper for your appreciation!

One way to describe TM is its just safe and does all-round job pretty well. Its not weird at all. You have to extremely play hard vs loopers.
Just like on page 26 of this post, I have to try all sorts of Lp strokes to beat a looper plus Serves and FH attack!

For amateur type of play, its OK. DTecs OX is still the best in terms of spin and weirdness!

Cheers

Ya, d.tecs is what I use now and my opponents echo the same sentiment. They say the tm is easier to play against and not that hard to read. I've not used it very long since I dont feel like readjusting to a new pip at the moment, but I keep it on a blade for training now and then.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 01:06 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I once said,..I wish the manufacturers could come up with a pip with the slowness of Tm plus the weirdness of D.Techs or the disturbance of BT / DG,..with outstanding , sensational durability,...then,... that manufacturer would become rich,....

Tm does all great but on a scale of 6 / 7 out of 10, which means you cannot get extreme results for your game of chop/ passive blocking,.... etc ,....

In my experience, Tm is not enough against high level opponents,.... that's the reason why I stopped using it,... DG still works fine with the new ball , it makes the opponents make more mistakes and also they find it really hard to reloop again, so they pass the ball , then, I can counterattack and get the point and as I do just passive blocking , sidewiping and pushing , the durability is ok for me ,....

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 04:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
charmander defender wrote:
In my experience, Tm is not enough against high level opponents,.... that's the reason why I stopped using it,... DG still works fine with the new ball , it makes the opponents make more mistakes and also they find it really hard to reloop again, so they pass the ball , then, I can counterattack and get the point and as I do just passive blocking , sidewiping and pushing , the durability is ok for me ,....

I agree 100%. TM has the best control of all LPs and works well against pips, low-spin, and players who don't hit hard. However, even halfway decent loopers can easily tee off on it, whereas DG, BT, DTecs, etc., give them problems.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2020, 00:29 

Blade: Dr.Neubauer Bloodhound
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7
BH: SpinLord Dornenglanz OX
That's right, I agree TM has a lot of control but a small disturbance factor. In contrast, DG is ferocious on blocks with high disturbance factor. But if you are an attacker/power looper TM helps you to make balls for attack-thats it!
To make a comparison as a disturbance factor between DG, TM, kAMIKAZE, Desperado 2:

DG >DESPERADO 2>KAMIKAZE>TM

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 11:24 

Hi guys, another video for sharing using Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker OX in action vs a Cpen LP OX Push Blocker in a Veteran Teams Tournament.

Findings:
- Again, after over 6 months of play, proved still very consistent in rallies, balls kept low, pretty all-round in all areas
- It seems lacking the weirdness and deception like DTecs
- There is no miracle vs strong loopers, you need skills to stay alive
- However, the beauty is it is easy to play with less error rates in some strokes and great to set up points
- For intermediate level of play, it is adequate enough!

Cheers

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 11:50 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

pingpongstephen, it looks like the shot that is really effective is when you do a topspin hit. You're really good at that. I need to work on that. You mainly hit against low-spin balls and underspin and chop topspin?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 14:02 

Hi Mynamenotbob,

To play lp ox, we can't be too passive. We need to launch attack when time comes, otherwise, we can't win! Attacking low-spin and backspin balls by BH roll/drive is my strength. Once you initiate this, opponents feel bit uncomfortable and you can even step around and use FH to finish the point. Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker OX is quite good at this. Its failure rate 'going to net' is far less than Tibhar DTecs which I have been playing for many years!

I have been studying and trying to imitate lot of pimple players' style of BH attacking play, particularly women, like Deng Ya Peng, He Zhuoji, Yang XiaoXin, Fukuharai Ai and Jee Min Hyung. It will take a long time to be fluent. They are all attacking players using pimpled rubbers with sponge as a setup for FH. Only exception is Korean lady, Jee Min Hyung, who uses TSP Curl P1r OX. She is residing in Queensland and is Australian #1, very unique style of play too!

If you really like to learn BH roll/drive, I have a coaching video which I posted on youtube a few years ago. I am happy to share it with others! Just let me know!

That tournament I played last Sunday is the last one we can play in Australia as Corona virus is getting very serious in here. All sports events and TT tournaments and social club plays are cancelled or postponed and we do not know when will be re-open!
Hope everyone around the world will be safe in this critical time!

Cheers

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 14:54 
Super User

pingpongstephen wrote:
Hi guys, another video for sharing using Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker OX in action vs a Cpen LP OX Push Blocker in a Veteran Teams Tournament.

Cheers

Nice playing Stephen ... I've trying to attack with LP, but rather unsuccessfully ...

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 15:38 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Thank you. I found the video. So you don't brush, you just basically hit it. I have to practice that. Do you find the Neubauer World Champion blade is particularly good for this stroke?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 16:36 

Hi Mynamenotbob,

Basically, to BH attack using LP OX, the basic requirement is you cant brush the ball as pimples tends to bend resulting ball goes to net. Open up the blade angle bit more, hit through and pull the ball up, particularly if the ball has back spin.
The easiest way to practice and get some hand feeling is you hold a ball and drop it on the table at net level and hit through it to your backhand corner. Proper follow through is needed by turning your body synchronously!

I have tried numerous number of blades, medium priced and expensive ones too. Eventually, settle down with Dr.Neubauer World Champion for the time being. I found it in 2014! The other one, Dr.Neubauer World Champion Carbon is also quite good. But World Champion is better as it seems biting ball on serving with inverted rubber! Both are not expensive!

Hope it helps!
Cheers

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 16:46 

Hi Ootbs,

I hope my reply to Mynamenotbob in the previous message will help you a bit. Secondly, I am now attaching the links which I posted on youtube regarding how to do BH LP OX Drive using Tibhar DTecs OX for sharing:

Though to some people, I may not demonstrate well enough, I do hope it will help in a certain way!

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next