OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 05:02 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
mynamenotbob wrote:
I'm getting more and more comfortable with the two-pip approach. TM is spectacularly good against pips, anti, and players with confusing, non-standard games. The more disruptive DG works better against loopers. Your mileage may vary.

I tested DG with Gruppa all+ blade and I didn't get along with it very well. :( It's a new sheet of DG, so maybe it is bit too grippy. On the other hand FH with T05 worked nicely. I can say the Gruppa all+ with TM and T05 is quite playable for me. At the same time I tested Defplay with TM and it's quite good, althought CWX blade with TM still feels best, but I have played a long time with CWX, so other blades might take much more time to get used to. So, I am bit confused right now, but TM feels more suited to me than DG.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 11:12 

A lot of coaches tell you to stay with the same blade. I have hundreds (the EJ in me) but for a decade I have only used my TSP balsa 8.5 Off+ for tournament play. I tried fast ALC blades and could not hit well at all with any LP. Most of my "other" blades are balsa blades. I have become entirely used to the trampoline effect it produces. So, my practices is with the TSP 8.5 for now. Will use DG or Talon (OX) for doubles play and TM for singles.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 13:56 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Even the same brand of blades are different. I have one Grubba that is 75 grams and one that is 80 grams. I like them both but there's a difference.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 19:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
gdogg1 wrote:
A lot of coaches tell you to stay with the same blade. I have hundreds (the EJ in me) but for a decade I have only used my TSP balsa 8.5 Off+ for tournament play. I tried fast ALC blades and could not hit well at all with any LP. Most of my "other" blades are balsa blades. I have become entirely used to the trampoline effect it produces. So, my practices is with the TSP 8.5 for now. Will use DG or Talon (OX) for doubles play and TM for singles.

Wow, you must have very good touch to control such a fast blade! :o

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 20:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Even the same brand of blades are different. I have one Grubba that is 75 grams and one that is 80 grams. I like them both but there's a difference.

Yes, very true. Not all the blades of the same brand are 100% equal . The overall features should be the same but there are slight differences from blade to blade .

The same happens with my 2 grubbas :) .

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2019, 02:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

My experiment on trying thinner soft sponges has been successful. Grubba All + and TM / DG . Then, the soft sponge in 1.2 of Nittaku Moristo Def makes the pips block much shorter and with much less speed.Also, I found Moristo Def to be a great defensive rubber with great control while attacking too .

Furthermore, this combo is beautifully light,which is perfect for my style.I suggest Tm / DG players should try out soft thin sponges and test if your blocks start to land closer to the net .

:) :)

Last edited by charmander defender on 12 Oct 2019, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2019, 02:51 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
charmander defender wrote:
My experiment on trying thinner soft sponges has been successful.With Grubba All + and TM / DG the soft sponge on 1.2 of Nittaku Moristo Def makes the pips block much shorter and with much less speed.Also, I found Moristo Def to be a great defensive rubber with great control while attacking too .

Furthermore, this combo is beautifully light,which is perfect for my style.I suggest Tm / DG players should try out soft thin sponges and test if their blocks start to land closer to the net .

I took sponge from DMS Diabolic and gloe this to TM,definitely the best rubber I've had.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2019, 05:31 

Gigant wrote:
My experiment on trying thinner soft sponges has been successful.With Grubba All + and TM / DG the soft sponge on 1.2 of Nittaku Moristo Def makes the pips block much shorter and with much less speed.Also, I found Moristo Def to be a great defensive rubber with great control while attacking too .

Furthermore, this combo is beautifully light,which is perfect for my style.I suggest Tm / DG players should try out soft thin sponges and test if their blocks start to land closer to the net .

I took sponge from DMS Diabolic 1,2 mm extra slow and gloe this to TM,definitely the best rubber I've had.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2019, 22:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Gigant wrote:
Gigant wrote:

I took sponge from DMS Diabolic 1,2 mm extra slow and gloe this to TM,definitely the best rubber I've had.

Maybe , that sponge is great for blocking really hard smashes , loops,...., however, I don't think it improves Tm very much in the other departments,...... it also depends on your style ,... but TM in ox already has its advantages ,..... If you are happy with that sponge, so be it !!! :)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2019, 00:43 

mynamenotbob wrote:

I remember years ago members discussing Donic Cayman blade posted their blade weights...wow what a difference. BBC owner can make identical blades or provide different weights per your direction. Some companies will look at their stock for the weight you seek for your blade. So beware of the differences as it certainly impacts performance. I had a Giant Dragon blade listed as 95 and the company found one in stock at 77 for me.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2019, 00:50 

haggisv wrote:
gdogg1 wrote:

Thanks. Control is key on any blade. I learned from coaches when I was last in Shanghai and at Shigang Yang's Academy (a top training facility in USA) in Johns Creek, GA how to effectively use slight wrist motions to slow down or speed up shots. Especially helpful on a fast blade. So add a slight wrist motion to a brush or windshield wiper stroke can be used to increase control for example.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2019, 01:08 

gdogg1 wrote:
haggisv wrote:
gdogg1 wrote:

Thanks. Control is key on any blade. I learned from coaches when I was last in Shanghai and at Shigang Yang's Academy (a top training facility in USA) in Johns Creek, GA how to effectively use slight wrist motions to slow down or speed up shots. Especially helpful on a fast blade. So add a slight wrist motion to a brush or windshield wiper stroke can be used to increase control for example.

Exactly as I play :up:

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2019, 04:51 
Super User

Has Any of you had succes with this for long distance chopping
With 0,6 mm sponge ?
Could Any of you please compare it with Dtechs 0,5 ?
Most of the comments are with ox version.

Looking forward to Your reply

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2019, 07:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tenergy05fx wrote:
Has Any of you had succes with this for long distance chopping
With 0,6 mm sponge ?
Could Any of you please compare it with Dtechs 0,5 ?
Most of the comments are with ox version.

Looking forward to Your reply

I have 2 friends that use it in 0.6 mm sponge and they say it performs great for chopping with very good control.Of course reversal when they block is much lesser than in ox but they do not live on that department .

They say consistency is great putting back lots of balls onto the table,pushes all right.They are choppers and have started to defend closer to the table due to the age , approaching the 60s .

They say they can do all the strokes all right and love the consistency and slowness.As we have said here, it is not a LP that is exceedingly great in one department but it does a great job in all.Hence,its fame here.Those who say TM is hype, it's because they might expect a mega deceptive, weird trajectory like pip, making trouble as a dangerous and unpredictable pip.It is not the case here, and as the current regulations stand, we will never see a super lp like the old D.techs or the banned tt master insider among others :sweat: :sweat: ,......

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 01:18 

TM is definitely not living on hype as far as its ability to gain and maintain control/placement with or without sponge.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 36  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!