OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 17:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 18:31 
Super User

Thanks for sharing PingPongStephen. Brilliant LP play. Very consistent LP BH attacks :clap: :up:

Last edited by TTbuddy on 20 Mar 2020, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 20:30 

Thanks TTBudy for your compliment!

In fact, those two LP OX attack videos maybe a bit off topic. I hope forum viewers do not mind.

I was demonstrating with Tibhar DTecs OX and Dr.Neubauer World Champion blade at that time. You can see that because of the speed of DTecs which is much faster than Dr.Neubauer TM OX, you can go for outright winner quite easily according to my experience. In the case of Dr.N TM OX, which is slower, you may have to attack a few more strokes to accomplish the job as you can see in my game vs a Cpen push blocker.

However, as I said before, it is much more easier to play and the failure rate of going to net is lower plus the consistency itself which contribute to the Pros of Dr.N TM OX. Its consistency which play a very important part in games. That is why I am choosing Dr.N TM OX right now!

Next thing I am going to test more is Dr.N All Round Premium 2 OX which is faster than Dr.N TM OX. I played just one time in a tournament and I won. It is another great all-round LP OX which deserves to be tried out!

Cheers
PingpongStephen :) :) :)

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 00:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Here's a tip for watching pingpongstephen's great training videos. If you right-click the play button, you have the option of automatically looping the video for repeated study.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.05.42 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.05.42 AM.png [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 2680 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 02:50 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Great videos, pingpongstephen, both the one where you're playing and the two showing you training the LP hitting. One question: I was trying to figure out if there's a difference in the way, in the two training videos, you attack underspin vs. no-spin. I don't see much of a difference, and your written instructions also reflect the same approach. I, however, have noticed that when attacking no-spin with OX LP, some VERY SLIGHT brushing contact helps keep control over the ball, so that it doesn't sail long, while when attacking underspin, the spin reversal does that job for you so that a pure hit without any brushing at all is fine. Would you say that for you, there's no difference at all between the two strokes?

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 10:48 

Thanks TraditionalTradesman for your compliment and great that you enjoy the videos.

No spin balls are classified as high and low. If the no-spin ball is high, you can open up the bat angle but not too vertical and punch/drive through it. Most people ask ‘why I am saling long’? Several scenarios:
. Say, you want to hit to middle of table and ball go long…. Due to most likely standing to play, bat angle too open and thirdly arm extending too long when hitting. So, don’t stand straight, bend down your body, lean bit forward, elbow down, limit the amount power as desired and don’t extend your arm too long. Brushing wont help!

. Say, you want to hit corners. Again follow most of above postures. This time, most importantly, you must turn your body and follow through to your desired locations.

Now, dealing with low no-spin ball and backspin ball…
My approach is always staying low. This is achieved by bending down your knees, body lean forward to create room for you to hit. Close your bat angle a bit, stay low, when ball is on the rise, don’t hit the ball through right away, but instead, pull/grab the ball up utill you see it clears the net and then you can hit through to your desired location on table. The action happens so fast on video that you may feel I brush the ball. In fact, I never do any brushing at all! I just pull the ball up. If you tend to brush, it may go to net. The point is we want to hit the ball through and get bit sinking/knuckle effect and not top-spin!

This is just my personal opinion and may not answer your questions perfectly right. I do hope that it does help you a bit! The deception, power and speed is still not as great as DTecs OX that you see from videos as comparison, but Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker OX is quite safe doing this part and gives you more confidence in games!

Cheers!
PinpongStephen : :) :) :)

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 10:58 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Thanks for your detailed response, pingpongstephen. All of that makes sense. I never brush when attacking underspin, but when attacking no-spin, I do sometimes brush a bit (unless the ball is high) to keep it from sailing, but I do think I also stand up a bit too straight when I play, so maybe if I kept my knees more bent (or my body more leaning forward), I wouldn't need to brush.

I liked the Troublemaker while I used it but found pips broke too easily for its price point, and so I've been using the Saviga Monster 77 rubber, which I find to be very effective for my game. It has great spin reversal and creates a bit more disturbance/funk than the Troublemaker, but also isn't hard to control. (My more detailed review is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36667) Can't say anything yet about durability, since I started using it not that long ago, but at about $20 per sheet, with shipping, I won't complain if the pips start falling off after a few months.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 11:18 

Hi TraditionalTradesman,

Great you find my explanation helpful.
I tried 3 pieces of Dr.Neubauer TroubleMaker OX and don't see any pips coming off or broken. Maybe its your batch. I agree its pricey as German rubbers are!
Saw your review of the Saviga 77 LP, sounds promising. Chinese rubbers are much cheaper, but I didn't see this one here!

Anyway, all the best and take care of yourself, TT Mates/Buddies around the world!

Cheers

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 20:14 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Is this the same as your shot ppstephen? I know you hit it a lot harder. Do you think this player is brushing? Hard to tell.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 20:37 

Hi Mynamenotbob,

From what I can see/guess he is not doing BH drive/roll like me. He does brush and generates a sort of mild top spin, which is very weak in spin and any better player can block or counter easily. This gives your opponent a chance to attack very easily.

He is Korean. I google translate some of his explanation in his stroke, though very awkwardly translated, says:
"This video is a practice of returning no-spin serve coming in weakly without power. He mentions also that the video looks easy to do, but in fact takes a long time to master"

Cheers

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2021, 21:20 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
Since restarting table tennis after lockdown for a year, I have tried again many long pimpled rubbers in ox.
I have tried again: 1.Hellfire; 2.Hellfire x; 3.Grass dtecs; 4.Curl P1r; 5.Trouble Maker.
Of these five rubbers, the only one which gave me the best control, good disruption and best attacking possibilities was the Trouble Maker.
With Trouble Maker I could attack very well on the backhand, place the ball to any part of the table with good control and cause my opponents to make mistakes through its disruption properties.
In my opinion, Trouble Maker is the best long pimple in ox on the market today.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2021, 23:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

EVA MATERIAL TO PLEASE YOU AGREEABLY.
Thin layer of textile underneath will give you even better control. While the ultra-thin layer of EVA material 0.1 mm is now reported to be far superior to textile. The single OX Rubbers, when are used without any underlayer, will suck badly.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2021, 01:12 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Would it be safe to say that these pips are a slower more controlled less reversal Dtecs?

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2021, 23:28 

These pimples are slower, have more control and softer than grass dtecs. I also get the same amount of disruption.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 01:00 

Ndragon, I assume that you are the player in your video, who is defending away from the table?
I can play a similar style to you. Trouble Maker would return the ball much lower over the net and put more backspin on those loops of your opponent. You seem to be getting caught out on your forehand side. Trouble Maker will enable you to block those balls if you stay up to the table.
Trouble Maker is slower than grass dtecs and will give you more time to play a blocking game up to the table.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 03:37 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Thanks for the quick and to the point answers.
I will look to purchase this when it goes on sale on TT11.

I am indeed that person but at that time I was awaiting knee surgery so was very much playing terrible with FH and movement. I also hadn't played for quite a few years.

Now I am playing close to the table but if I can feel like I'm becoming more mobile I might just drop back and chop again (depending on how knee feels in time)

I just found and glued an old Dawei 388d on the exact same blade, I'll try that for now too but still very likely to get trouble maker in the future. It sounds awesome!

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next