OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Hellfire
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 02:49 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
I have decided to give Hellfire a second chance. Does anybody have any tips on how best to utilise it?
I will be using it in red ox on a Matsushita Original blade, with Evolution MXP on the other side in 1.9. I felt my Grass DTecS was a bit frisky when blocking against the faster loopers.

Post subject: Re: Hellfire
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 04:33 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Bulldog wrote:
I have decided to give Hellfire a second chance. Does anybody have any tips on how best to utilise it?
I will be using it in red ox on a Matsushita Original blade, with Evolution MXP on the other side in 1.9. I felt my Grass DTecS was a bit frisky when blocking against the faster loopers.

I seem to remember that some people have argued that Hellfire does not work well with the new ball.Hellfire X , on the other hand, seems to work all right but there appear to be cases of poor durability .

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 04:45 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
charmander defender wrote:
Bulldog wrote:

I seem to remember that some people have argued that Hellfire does not work well with the new ball.Hellfire X , on the other hand, seems to work all right but there appear to be cases of poor durability .

Hellfire and Hellfire X both play just fine with the new ball. They are both noticeably slower then D’Tecs but both have more friction

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 20:13 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Rob M wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
Bulldog wrote:

Hellfire and Hellfire X both play just fine with the new ball. They are both noticeably slower then D’Tecs but both have more friction[/quojte]

Just wanted to say the observations some people made about Hellfire.I myself have never tested this rubber.Also,I seem to remember that it was said that there were variations of speed among different batches,meaning ,some topsheets were faster than others.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 21:00 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I tried both: Hellfire X & Grass DTecs, can confirm Hellfire X is slower than Grass DTecs.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 22:55 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I've not used Hellfire X, but I played with Hellfire for about 2 seasons. I think it is a solid LP. Not as "dangerous" as dtecs, but easier to play.

The OP question is on how best to utilise it.

I'm not sure how to answer that. I think it's a good allrounder - can definitely chop with it from distance if needed, and it's effective near the table, and not so fast as to be hard to control for touch shots. I liked it for attacking.

I think I only stopped using it because when it was time to get a new sheet I baulked at the price and went for either 755 or C&F3 because I was feeling poor at the time.

I played against someone with Hellfire X the other day - I thought it was a very effective LP. But no experience playing with it.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2022, 07:46 
Super User

I have the bat now. Looks beautiful but won’t be using it until Boxing Day at the earliest. Thanks for all your replies.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2023, 04:32 
Super User

Hi Everybody
I had my first practice session with Hellfire Ox Red this afternoon with my regular practice partner who is an attacking player using attacking tacky rubber on each wing.
Chop blocking was great against loop and drive. That shot produced heavy under spin. Blocking without a chop movement produced less under spin than DTecS but was very consistent. My opponent thought there was more on it than DTecS but I am unsure.
The bonus was the ability to stay in rallies by chopping which I found more easy to control than DTecS because of the slower speed of the rubber.
Same old problems for me with short no spin or under spin serves. I did not attempt much aggressive pushing or lifting and I did make a few mistakes against under spin.
I have three league matches from January 9 to 15 so might give it a try in a competitive match.
I had a new sheet of Evolution MXP on the forehand with 1.9mm of sponge and taking it down from max gave me a bit more control. I was even able to chop with it, without making myself look foolish.
The jury is out.
Bulldog.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2023, 05:03 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Sounds promising! I think working on responses to short no spin or under spin serves (or indeed balls in play) is critical, and may be where finding the right pip is critical (and personal). Might be worth seeing if you can get your practice partner to serve / push float to you and try a few approaches.

I think it's a good idea to try in a league match - practice is all very well, but there's no substitute for using it in an actual match, and any warts / issues will be most readily revealed in that context.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2023, 23:24 
Super User

Thanks for the advice. I will ask him to serve twenty or thirty in our warm up session. I will use it in at least a couple of matches next week.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2023, 02:19 

Bulldog wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I will ask him to serve twenty or thirty in our warm up session. I will use it in at least a couple of matches next week.
Bulldog

You need to play some time. If you will change rubbers to often you never will get good effect. I played hellfire and hellfire x more than half year. After this time and change couple of blades to them i think i can say something about this rubbers. Just need some time and do not change rubbers to often

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy