OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 May 2019, 08:10 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
No idea who he is, but whoever thinks this guy is max 1800 is out of their minds. I'd guess 2150.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 07 May 2019, 08:21 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Not sure if it affects your estimates, but he apparently lost 2 out of 3 matches shown. Highlights video...

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 05:42 

Blade: Butterfly Biside FL
FH: Victas V 01 Stiff 2.1
BH: Tibhar Grass D.Tecs OX
I wish I has seen this a few months ago, I can fill in some blanks on this one.

Ryan "The Nightmare" Gibson is a good friend and training partner of mine. We train twice a week for the past year and a half, and he's been teaching me the dark arts of twiddling with OX LP for about a year now. Although we use similar equipment, our styles are very different since I actually chop and block with the pips whereas Ryan is a consistent LP blocker. I'm currently USATT 1934 and Ryan is now at 2086...only because I earned 50 points beating him a few months ago :rofl:

I can beat Ryan every now and then because I know his funk and I know his placement patterns too well. Playing against him for the first few times is a completely different story.

Ryan started out with Tibhar Defense Plus and used that blade for a while, testing various inverted rubbers and sticking with D.tecs after some failed experiments with other LPs.

For the past 6 months he has been extremely happy with his custom oversized ReImpact Tachi setup. He settled on Victas V 01 Stiff 1.9mm for inverted, and is still using D.tecs as usual.

Another reason his rating has dipped below 2100 is due to a nagging wrist injury he's been dealing with since late 2018. He is finally healed up but it took months of rest so he is just now starting to regaining his touch after the break. Right now he is focusing on mastering the fundamentals so he can integrate them into his exotic style. He'll be 2200+ by 2020 if all goes according to plan.

We train in Charlottesville, VA and compete in the DC area... if anyone here is local, hit me up and see how you fare against "The Nightmare" for yourself, he's a total riot and insanely talented.

Oh, and watch out for him in Hardbat. Last year he took the US Men's National Title....