OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 02:12 

Alright so I must step up my game to go to superior defensive equipment. I was thinking of Koji Matsushita offensive Victas blade (is it good enough? Or should I take something else with nowadays meta?). I am using a Chinese rubber on the forehand but I'm not sure if it is good for a defensive player (and if it works with the blade). Anyone could help me with that? And for the bh, should I go with something like tsp p1r 1,5 on the bh? Or is something else more recommendable?(or less thickness?) Defensive is the only way I want to play even though I'm left handed. I want to bring life into defending, and into my game and try to become a player that people could look up to and admire, in a humble way. Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,
Maurice

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 02:26 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Maurice wrote:
Alright so I must step up my game to go to superior defensive equipment. I was thinking of Koji Matsushita offensive Victas blade (is it good enough? Or should I take something else with nowadays meta?). I am using a Chinese rubber on the forehand but I'm not sure if it is good for a defensive player (and if it works with the blade). Anyone could help me with that? And for the bh, should I go with something like tsp p1r 1,5 on the bh? Or is something else more recommendable?(or less thickness?) Defensive is the only way I want to play even though I'm left handed. I want to bring life into defending, and into my game and try to become a player that people could look up to and admire, in a humble way. Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,
Maurice

Maurice, I'd say: go for it!!! :up: and for the setup!

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 02:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Sounds like a good set up. Nothing wrong with that. Now the hard part...practice!

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 07:01 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
FH and blade is fine, might want a thinner sponge on backhand. If you're at the kind of levels I imagine, the thicker sponge won't help from my experience. .6 is good enough, even Masato Shiono used about that reportedly on his LP. .3-.6

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 21:10 

That's the main question I had too, sponge thickness of the lp's. I'm now using Yinhe galaxy neptunes .5, they are decent for chopping but they feel more like a blocking lp. I've always read people advising to go to thicker lp for chopping, it feels like it would be nicer because I could add more spin variation to my game + I think the feeling for short pushes after chopping is much nicer with thicker lp (I could be wrong though). I think I'm just going to rock 1,5; changing is always an option if it doesn't fit

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 22:17 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Maurice wrote:
That's the main question I had too, sponge thickness of the lp's. I'm now using Yinhe galaxy neptunes .5, they are decent for chopping but they feel more like a blocking lp. I've always read people advising to go to thicker lp for chopping, it feels like it would be nicer because I could add more spin variation to my game + I think the feeling for short pushes after chopping is much nicer with thicker lp (I could be wrong though). I think I'm just going to rock 1,5; changing is always an option if it doesn't fit

You also could go for the in-between, 1.0.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 00:33 

Is there a big difference between 1 and 1,5 anyway? :P, I'll do 1! Thanks alot. Can't wait :)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 06:10 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Maurice wrote:
Is there a big difference between 1 and 1,5 anyway? :P, I'll do 1! Thanks alot. Can't wait :)

Yes, there is. Feeling wise it is a totally different animal. Hard to say what the other differences are: I never extensively used the 1.0. Joo once said, if you want max. backspin, the 1.0 version is the best.