OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 17:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 02:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
skilless_slapper wrote:
Having played with them, I think when your sponge gets that thick with grippy long pips... there's not much difference from say, a medium pip or low grip SP. He Zhoujia for example uses the feint soft on some really thick sponge, and she plays basically the same as someone like mima ito smacking away at the ball. Probably with slightly less speed and slightly more dead ball effect.

Some times I play people while using thick LP and they don't even realize I've been hitting LP against them... because there is no weird effect, other than a dead ball, which short/medium produce well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBomelBMPC0

Zhou Xintong
Megan Phillips (uses feint long 2 with some sponge) https://youtu.be/NvWW-MGMWcY

long pip hitter/blocker - https://youtu.be/zcvERPqrOkY

Megan Phllips is nearly exactly what I want. Aggressive FH play with BH hitting and blocking and setting up the attack!

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 22:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Notes to self more than to others:

Hitting closer to the tip of blade is key and using a "counter" stroke works best.

OX LP are MUCH easier to hit with on a blade with some flex. On my gamber vector hinoki and other stiff/hard blades I find I need some sponge for my LP play.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 02:15 

Blade: Galaxy T-11+
FH: Tibhar Mx-P
BH: Tibhar Dtecs 0.5
if you’re after a maximized disturbance and deception effect, and rarely use the long pips for an attack, then you should have no sponge (ox). Then you can both chop and block with the spin reversal.

If you want to attack backspin balls with less risk, then add a 0.5–1.0 sponge. But you’ll lose quite some disturbance and deception effect. From ttdementor article in Medium.com

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 04:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

kartik wrote:
if you’re after a maximized disturbance and deception effect, and rarely use the long pips for an attack, then you should have no sponge (ox). Then you can both chop and block with the spin reversal.

If you want to attack backspin balls with less risk, then add a 0.5–1.0 sponge. But you’ll lose quite some disturbance and deception effect. From ttdementor article in Medium.com

I am for attacking. Against backspin balls OX works very nicely-the attack is deadly. Against heavy topspin balls or dead balls OX is problematic.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!