OOAK Table Tennis Forum
https://ooakforum.com/

OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35943
Page 1 of 1

Author:  igorponger [ 10 Aug 2019, 05:45 ]
Post subject:  OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

OX pimples-out of dubious legality.
Rules of Table Tennis wrote:
2.4.3 A side of the blade used for striking the ball shall be covered with either ordinary
pimpled rubber, with pimples outwards having a total thickness including
adhesive of not more than 2.0mm, or sandwich rubber, with pimples inwards or
outwards, having a total thickness including adhesive of not more than 4.0mm.

As being in friendly cooperation with our domestic Polytechnical University we did some tribological explorations of table tennis rubbers.
And some of our findings came out quite astonishig.
Image
We used High accuracy instrumen to measure pimples geometry, you can see in the present chart.

Butterfly Feint Soft, bare rubber sheet (pimples+bottom layer) = 2.0 millimeters
Tibhar Grass D.Tecs, bare rubber sheet (pimples + bottom layer) = 2.2 millimeters

By courtesy of Butterfly Russia distributor we borrowed the very precise thickness tester.
Image

Image

INFORMATION OF IMPORTANCE.
Hereby, we have to regretfully inform all the Grass D.Tecs customers:
-- D.Tecs OX version proved unduly thick and may not be used for international competitions. Sorry.

Author:  Lorre [ 10 Aug 2019, 07:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

That a terrific find, Igor. :up:

But, euhmmm... We already knew this I'd say for +- 10 years.

Author:  Derf59 [ 10 Aug 2019, 19:05 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

It’s not a new thing that some olf sheet of GrassDTecs are not legal. The problem appears 2 or 3 years in a competition in Germany.
Since that, the GDTecs has been modified by Tibhar and new sheet have pimples around 1,6 / 1,65mm.

Author:  igorponger [ 11 Aug 2019, 10:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

IMPARTIAL 17. MOST MEMORABLE FAILURE.
It was thereabout the year 2005 that ITTF had received a postal packet from an individual person with a piece of table tennis rubber of Butterfly INPARTIAL 17 accompanied with a cash receipt enclosed.
The person applicant suggested ITTF a complete re-inspection on the enclosed rubber specie and particularly on the rubber's pimples, since there was a reasonable suspicion of the pimples geometrical compliance.

ITTF did purchase 3 more IMPARTIAL-17 products from different retailers worldwide on their own initiative and then they took a series of measurements with all the rubber samples. Each of the four was deemed below technical standard, wrong pimples geometry, pimples truncated below 1 millimeter by height.

To avoid even more troubles, Butterfly Tamasu© manufacturer opted to discontinue IMPARTIAL 17 product from market, and they now marketing IMPARTIAL XS / XB rubbers with redesigned pimple's geometry.

Be happy.

Image

Author:  Lorre [ 11 Aug 2019, 18:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

igorponger wrote:
IMPARTIAL 17. MOST MEMORABLE FAILURE.
It was thereabout the year 2005 that ITTF had received a postal packet from an individual person with a piece of table tennis rubber of Butterfly INPARTIAL 17 accompanied with a cash receipt enclosed.
The applicant individual required ITTF for a complete inspection on the enclosed rubber and particularly for the rubber's pimples geometry, since there was a reasonable suspicion of the pimples compliance.

ITTF did purchase 3 more IMPARTIAL species from different retailers worldwide on their own initiative and then they took a series of measurements with all the rubber species. Each of the four was deemed below technical standard, wrong pimples geometry, pimples truncated below 1 millimeter by height.

To avoid even more troubles, Butterfly Tamasu© manufacturer opted to discontinue IMPARTIAL 17 item and they now marketing IMPARTIAL XS / XB rubbers with redesigned pimple's geometry.

Be happy.

Attachment:
m24565617563_9.jpg


Any source for this story, Igor?

Author:  igorponger [ 12 Aug 2019, 07:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

July 1, 2008. Massive expurgation of low-friction pimples from ITTF LARC 29 did occur.
Over 40 rubber items with a ball skidding effect got excluded from competitive play, an irrevocable conviction by ITTF.


ITTF LARC 29, of 2008.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080913080 ... _no_29.pdf
Attachment:
Zyssz46CJKkn.png
Zyssz46CJKkn.png [ 278.12 KiB | Viewed 858 times ]

Author:  iskandar taib [ 20 Aug 2019, 10:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

[Gollum]Pips that are too long - BAD!!!! Ban them we must, precious. [/Gollum] :lol:

Iskandar

Author:  igorponger [ 20 Aug 2019, 15:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

Golem --a person endowed with an intelligence quotient of between 50 and 70, able to work under supervision

20-08-2019 06:44:07

He is Doctor Paracelsius,
Enlightener of All Morons,
Bringer of Knowledge and
opinion giver to the ruined
lands of Wild Capitalism, and
smartest man in the Known World.

I am Golem Itself, ... give me a hickey kiss ...
Attachment:
golem.jpg
golem.jpg [ 210.69 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]

Author:  LordCope [ 20 Aug 2019, 17:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

igorponger wrote:
July 1, 2008. Massive expurgation of low-friction pimples from ITTF LARC 29 did occur.
Over 40 rubber items with a ball skidding effect got excluded from competitive play, an irrevocable conviction by ITTF.


ITTF LARC 29, of 2008.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080913080 ... _no_29.pdf
Attachment:
Zyssz46CJKkn.png


Do you have a source for the story Lorre questioned, about the sheet being sent to ITTF, and them purchasing and testing three more sheets? Citing the well known 'ban' of 2008 isn't a source for that story.

Author:  Lorre [ 21 Aug 2019, 00:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

igorponger wrote:
Golem --a person endowed with an intelligence quotient of between 50 and 70, able to work under supervision

20-08-2019 06:44:07

He is Doctor Paracelsius,
Enlightener of All Morons,
Bringer of Knowledge and
opinion giver to the ruined
lands of Wild Capitalism, and
smartest man in the Known World.

I am Golem Itself, ... give me a hickey kiss ...
Attachment:
golem.jpg


Igor I need to know now: what stuff are you using? speed glue of some sort? Because I want it too. Badly! :lol:

LordCope wrote:
igorponger wrote:
July 1, 2008. Massive expurgation of low-friction pimples from ITTF LARC 29 did occur.
Over 40 rubber items with a ball skidding effect got excluded from competitive play, an irrevocable conviction by ITTF.


ITTF LARC 29, of 2008.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080913080 ... _no_29.pdf
Attachment:
Zyssz46CJKkn.png


Do you have a source for the story Lorre questioned, about the sheet being sent to ITTF, and them purchasing and testing three more sheets? Citing the well known 'ban' of 2008 isn't a source for that story.


I'm still quite curious too. I might add the Oracle of Delphi isn't a reliable source either! :lol:

Author:  igorponger [ 21 Aug 2019, 08:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: OX Pimples-Out of dubious legality.

SANWEI A+ ITTF LARC 62-012
Enlisted in LARC, dated by the year 2017
Expunged from LARC, dated by the year 2019
ITTF EQC letter to notify manufacturer wrote:
Reasonings for invalidation:
-- The rubber item 62-012 was found marketed with 2 different topsheets.

Be happy.

Attachment:
-1.jpg
-1.jpg [ 2.81 KiB | Viewed 581 times ]
Attachment:
-2.jpg
-2.jpg [ 3.91 KiB | Viewed 581 times ]

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/