OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 15:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If there's a rule that says it's illegal, then it's illegal. If you can't, then it's not illegal. Simple as that. Trying to stretch a rule to claim something is illegal when it's not - that's Igor's specialty and should itself be illegal. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 15:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

charmander defender wrote:
What would happen if you refuse to show your setup?, I mean refuse to show it to the opponent, not the umpire .

I suppose you have the right to not show the LP but chances are some people will consider your action as suspicious . :lol: :lol:

Er.. not showing your bat to the opponent IS against the rules (there IS a rule that says you have to do that). So not doing so is grounds for sanctions (in a tournament) or bad sportsmanship (in club play).

What possible reason would you have not to show your bat? I don't mean allowing the opponent to fondle the pips, I mean so that your opponent knows what you're using. The only person I've come across to object to this would be Yankahardon - he didn't even want to warm up without spraying the ball everywhere just so that his opponent "wouldn't get used" to his pips.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2019, 07:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
iskandar taib wrote:

Er.. not showing your bat to the opponent IS against the rules (there IS a rule that says you have to do that). So not doing so is grounds for sanctions (in a tournament) or bad sportsmanship (in club play).

What possible reason would you have not to show your bat? I don't mean allowing the opponent to fondle the pips, I mean so that your opponent knows what you're using. The only person I've come across to object to this would be Yankahardon - he didn't even want to warm up without spraying the ball everywhere just so that his opponent "wouldn't get used" to his pips.

Iskandar

ok, the point is,.... no need to prove the bat is legal,.... it is for the umpire to do so if they think there are some suspicions on treatment .I just wondered if someone decided not to show the bat, what could happen,......

I have always shown my bat,....anyway :)

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 00:20 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
iskandar taib wrote:
If there's a rule that says it's illegal, then it's illegal. If you can't, then it's not illegal. Simple as that. Trying to stretch a rule to claim something is illegal when it's not - that's Igor's specialty and should itself be illegal. :lol:

Iskandar

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2020, 12:10 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Slap it in your opponents thick face. Just kidding.

As long as it is in LARC, no modification on the structure, it is legal. We are amateurs anyway.

In some of our tournaments, even on official tournament, we don't care if your rubber fits your blade. Even the gap is too obvious, we play. There was even an obvious cheater, half of his LP has sponge and half has none, able to use this in tournament. We just laugh it off since he lose anyway.

The dreaded frictionless pips... still dreaded up to this day. .

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2020, 04:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yes, you can fool anyone, but you cant fool a God.
My father was teaching me persistently
-- Cheating and gumbling will bring disfame on you a lot. Keep your heart unspotted, sonny.
Attachment:
boosting is a sin.jpg
boosting is a sin.jpg [ 198.87 KiB | Viewed 2721 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2020, 05:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I keep not understanding why some people still have an aversion to pips when the best ranked professional players in the world do not play with them .

Also,the looks of distrust are always on pips ,however,you can find more illegal bats in the inverted setups due to boosting .

What about the antitop world?? There are also illegal antitop rubbers around.No only can you treat the top sheet,but also the sponge!!! . Let's say the top sheet is legal but you know how to modify the sponge.How can you tell the antitop rubber is legal if the sponge is modified? .

Back to pips.Let's suppose the pips are legal; how can you tell the rubber is legal if the sponge is modified?

Pips in ox.You rub the ball and can feel they have friction,hence, legal,however,you are skilled enough to make the necks frictionless ,hence,illegal and very difficult to detect unless you are an expert.
You see? There's always a way to circumvent the rules, especially when these rules are absurd!!

Besides,with this new plastic ball the advantages of modifying pips are not so great , especially after a certain level, let's say 2500 + USATT.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2020, 09:09 

charmander defender wrote:
I keep not understanding why some people still have an aversion to pips when the best ranked professional players in the world do not play with them .

Also,the looks of distrust are always on pips ,however,you can find more illegal bats in the inverted setups due to boosting .

What about the antitop world?? There are also illegal antitop rubbers around.No only can you treat the top sheet,but also the sponge!!! . Let's say the top sheet is legal but you know how to modify the sponge.How can you tell the antitop rubber is legal if the sponge is modified? .

Back to pips.Let's suppose the pips are legal; how can you tell the rubber is legal if the sponge is modified?

Pips in ox.You rub the ball and can feel they have friction,hence, legal,however,you are skilled enough to make the necks frictionless ,hence,illegal and very difficult to detect unless you are an expert.
You see? There's always a way to circumvent the rules, especially when these rules are absurd!!

Besides,with this new plastic ball the advantages of modifying pips are not so great , especially after a certain level, let's say 2500 + USATT.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2020, 11:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

13-09-2020 03:44:59
I do agree with some of Mr. Charmander Defender's thinkings.
Impunity is the mother of crime, indeed.
The humans all got infected with an evil, so we need to enforce laws on humans in most strict manner.

/Be happy/

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2020, 00:24 

igorponger wrote:
13-09-2020 03:44:59
I do agree with some of Mr. Charmander Defender's thinkings.
Impunity is the mother of crime, indeed.
The humans all got infected with an evil, so we need to enforce laws on humans in most strict manner.

/Be happy/

Dear Igor I followed your publications in this forum and My Table Tennis forum and noted only one constructive -
a video about Russian cadet player. She uses Dornenglanz pimples and plays with it on very impressive her own
way. The rest of your contributions have very little to learn from or completely out contest.
So my friendly advise: Please, if you have nothing constructive and interesting to say to your table tennis friends
then just simply read these forums without sending poisonous retaliations.
And stop harassing pimples players who is using the oldest and the first rubber covering in the history of our beloved
game. So simply be dissent

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2020, 19:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The reaction of readers to Igor Novichok's posts.

Iskandar

Attachments:
boost1.jpg
boost1.jpg [ 266.33 KiB | Viewed 2487 times ]
boosting%20is%20a%20sin.jpg
boosting%20is%20a%20sin.jpg [ 198.87 KiB | Viewed 2487 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2020, 08:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

HONEST ONES WANTED.
Genesis chapter 18 wrote:
20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous.
21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty(50) righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”
27 Then Abraham spoke up again: “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty(30) can be found there?"
He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

31 Abraham said, “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty(20) can be found there?”
He said, “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it.”

32 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten(10) can be found there?”
He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

33 When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, He left, and Abraham returned home
[being determined to proceed playing the game purified of all the sinnings and abominations like oiling shamelesly on the rubber materials.]

My precious Iskandar,
Please be so good as to advise some notable names who did NOT incur the sin of illegal boosting on the rubbers. I need eight ones more.
1. Jun Mizutaney
2. Timo Boll
3. ????
4. ????
5. ????
6. ????
7. ????
8. ????
9. ????
10. ????

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!