OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 10 Jul 2020, 07:08


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 07:33 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2018, 00:57
Posts: 172
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Blade: DMS Wizard
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
charmander defender wrote:
ootbs wrote:
I wonder why, no one yet, has recommend DG ..... ??


DG is highly recommended but if you tend to hit with your LP, chances are the rubber will last less than 2 months due to pips falling off. If you just block passively , then, durability is not an issue, however, by the 6th / 8th month the rubber becomes so weak , that some pip may fall off, especially at the edges in my case,... but I can carry on using it perfectly well . :rock:


Doesn’t that depend on if you’re using red or black DG? I’m still only one month into my DG experiment and my red sheet of DG looks good as new (and I do hit more than I should). I initially tried black and lost pips within a week. My coach who has played division 1 here has used his red DG for almost a year and hasn’t lost a pip.

DG is great and I’m using with 4(!!!) glue sheets to dampen it a bit. Works great when chopping against really hard loops. Much better compared to Dtecs 0.5 but obviously is a bit slower when hitting.


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 09:41 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20
Posts: 694
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Quote:
What type of blade (with BT) is recommended to achieve (atleast, in part) what I've mentioned in my original post


Not sure about your current blade GKI Euro XX Blade. Is it OFF/OFF+/OFF-? If yes, then may be try a slower all-wood all-round blade. I use BT on a Yasaka Sweden All-round Classic and a Stiga Bengtsson All-round Classic. It plays well on both. Lots of control with good feel and absorption in OX. The blades look and play so much alike to a great extent with negligible difference between them.

Good luck with whatever you decide on and hope you choose the right LP to enjoy and suit your game play :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 09:42 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 512
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Blade: Grubba All+
FH: Moristo1.2/ Marder 1.2
BH: DG/Dawei 388d-1 ox
mart1nandersson wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
ootbs wrote:
I wonder why, no one yet, has recommend DG ..... ??


DG is highly recommended but if you tend to hit with your LP, chances are the rubber will last less than 2 months due to pips falling off. If you just block passively , then, durability is not an issue, however, by the 6th / 8th month the rubber becomes so weak , that some pip may fall off, especially at the edges in my case,... but I can carry on using it perfectly well . :rock:


Doesn’t that depend on if you’re using red or black DG? I’m still only one month into my DG experiment and my red sheet of DG looks good as new (and I do hit more than I should). I initially tried black and lost pips within a week. My coach who has played division 1 here has used his red DG for almost a year and hasn’t lost a pip.

DG is great and I’m using with 4(!!!) glue sheets to dampen it a bit. Works great when chopping against really hard loops. Much better compared to Dtecs 0.5 but obviously is a bit slower when hitting.


Yes, you are so right !! I mentioned in the DG thread that black DG is worse as far as durability goes. In fact, Spinlord admits in his website that the durability is worse in the black version .In some websites the black version rarely is out of stock whereas the red version usually is .

Yes,I used 2 glue sheets last season and it helped to have a dampening effect .What I like most about DG is that loopers find it difficult to reloop and the trajectory is consistently low .

DG is also great for chopping so if you cannot block hard loops , another strategy is to step back a little and finely chop .I think DG is still one of the best lps after such a long time in the market.

On the other hand , D.techs works fine but the speed is a problem and also ,it tends to pop up the ball . In fact, I played against D.Techs last week and when I served long and fast against it, it popped the ball up and I killed the third ball and I do not consider myself a great FH attacker, so you can imagine what a great looper / hitter can do against the new D. Techs when they can consistently attack the third ball in an effective way !!

I would like Spinlord to make a new DG with the slowness of TM.It would be another benchmark in the market :rock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 11:43 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20
Posts: 694
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Is your current GKI Euro XX Blade with BT rated OFF? If that’s the case, you may want to consider trying BT on an all-wood all-round blade.
Hope you find the right LP to best suit your playing style :up: Good luck!

***Duplicate - Admin Please delete as I was not sure whether my earlier reply post uploaded due to computer issue***
****Apologies****


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 13:46 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 498
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 48 times
TTbuddy wrote:
Is your current GKI Euro XX Blade with BT rated OFF? If that’s the case, you may want to consider trying BT on an all-wood all-round blade.
Hope you find the right LP to best suit your playing style :up: Good luck!

***Duplicate - Admin Please delete as I was not sure whether my earlier reply post uploaded due to computer issue***
****Apologies****


I got this blade from a fellow club-mate ... The GKI Euro XX is a pre-made racquet ...However, I'd rate the blade as All(-), and hard'ish ...The blade by itself, is quite awright, but I don't think it compliments the BT ..

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 14:29 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20
Posts: 694
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Good point as my blades with BT (Stiga Allround Bengtsson Classic and Yasaka Sweden Allround Classic) both feel softish and offer good dwell and feel with BT OX. Though general consensus is a hard and stiff blade for LP to work well, I don't like hardish feeling blades as I lack control with them. Each to his own I suppose :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 02:30 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 498
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 48 times
charmander defender wrote:
ootbs wrote:
I wonder why, no one yet, has recommend DG ..... ??


DG is highly recommended but if you tend to hit with your LP, chances are the rubber will last less than 2 months due to pips falling off. If you just block passively , then, durability is not an issue, however, by the 6th / 8th month the rubber becomes so weak , that some pip may fall off, especially at the edges in my case,... but I can carry on using it perfectly well . :rock:


naah.... I don't hit much with my LP side ... For what I want, what kind of blade do you'll recommend, with DG, TM, or even Dtecs ..

It has to weigh less than 80gms...

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 05:27 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 512
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Blade: Grubba All+
FH: Moristo1.2/ Marder 1.2
BH: DG/Dawei 388d-1 ox
ootbs wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
ootbs wrote:
I wonder why, no one yet, has recommend DG ..... ??


DG is highly recommended but if you tend to hit with your LP, chances are the rubber will last less than 2 months due to pips falling off. If you just block passively , then, durability is not an issue, however, by the 6th / 8th month the rubber becomes so weak , that some pip may fall off, especially at the edges in my case,... but I can carry on using it perfectly well . :rock:


naah.... I don't hit much with my LP side ... For what I want, what kind of blade do you'll recommend, with DG, TM, or even Dtecs ..

It has to weigh less than 80gms...


Well , at the moment I am using Grubba all + with great success. In my view, the blade should be all / all + with DG whereas with TM all + works much better .I would never recommend a def blade for TM .

I also used DG with TSP 2.5 Balsa ( def version and the new def+) It worked very well but I preferred the old def version .

With D.techs, due to the speed, I would use an all round wooden blade or all + at the most .

And back to the topic, it is not easy to block strong powerful loops, even with the braking effect. I tend to either step back a little or use the inverted . Another idea is to chop the ball while stepping back a little .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 07:09 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2018, 00:57
Posts: 172
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Blade: DMS Wizard
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
charmander defender wrote:
And back to the topic, it is not easy to block strong powerful loops, even with the braking effect. I tend to either step back a little or use the inverted . Another idea is to chop the ball while stepping back a little .


I'm no expert at executing OX blocks but I know the theory. It's all about relaxing the grip like crazy and taking it off the bounce. I know one guy who plays division 1 in Sweden (probably 2300+ USATT level) and he plays with Yasaka Phantom on a Timo Boll ALC. A crazy fast setup. Blocking with LP is hard and requires a LOT of practice to be able to execute it well against proper TT players but it can be done with any setup with enough training (and coaching).

The speed issue with D.TecS mainly comes into play when hitting with it IMHO. DG and D.TecS are very good for blocking and probably TM as well but I haven't tried it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2019, 03:46 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 498
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Lately, I've been playing at various clubs (away from home), just to get to play with different players ... I've come across quite a LP players... What I've noticed that over 80% of them use D.tecs + Stiga Allaround Classic or it's WRB variant.. I get why D.tecs, but I don't understand why Stiga Allaround Classic..

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2019, 08:56 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 16:38
Posts: 333
Location: Russia
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Clipper Classic
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-S 1.7
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.3
During blocking loops with LPs I personally never soften my wrist but make a stiff chop-block heavily brushing the ball. This way makes the ball return straight and low over the net. Slow spinny loops are actually much harder to chop-block so I have to step back and chop them.

As Roy told, it is better to develop technique to prevent power looping then waiting to block.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 20:29 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 498
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 48 times
Okay .. I could not make-up my mind on whether to get the TM, DG or D.tecs, so I bought, all three ... A fellow club-m8 wants to try the TM, so I ordered it for him (This way, I get to play with it too) ... I think, I'll start-off with the DG ... Now, I'm in a quandary, as to which blade, I should mount it on ... My options are ..

  • Yinhe 980 (New, never used)
  • Defplay Senso V3
  • Stiga Allround Classic


Help me make-up my wavering mind ..

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 20:46 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 512
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Blade: Grubba All+
FH: Moristo1.2/ Marder 1.2
BH: DG/Dawei 388d-1 ox
ootbs wrote:
Okay .. I could not make-up my mind on whether to get the TM, DG or D.tecs, so I bought, all three ... A fellow club-m8 wants to try the TM, so I ordered it for him (This way, I get to play with it too) ... I think, I'll start-off with the DG ... Now, I'm in a quandary, as to which blade, I should mount it on ... My options are ..

  • Yinhe 980 (New, never used)
  • Defplay Senso V3
  • Stiga Allround Classic


Help me make-up my wavering mind ..


I have used the Yinhe 980 . I did not like it because it was somewhat stiff . I do not play that well with stiffish blades . I don't think this blade will suit DG as you will lack control, however, Tm could be ok with it since Tm being slow you can benefit from the stiffness of the 980 .

Maybe the Defplay is ok with DG , however, you may lack power in your FH, so, I would choose the Stiga all round classic as your fh game won't be harmed .

For D.Tecs, due to the speed, I would choose the slowest blade possible, hence, Def play . :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2019, 03:00 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 498
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 48 times
charmander defender wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Okay .. I could not make-up my mind on whether to get the TM, DG or D.tecs, so I bought, all three ... A fellow club-m8 wants to try the TM, so I ordered it for him (This way, I get to play with it too) ... I think, I'll start-off with the DG ... Now, I'm in a quandary, as to which blade, I should mount it on ... My options are ..

  • Yinhe 980 (New, never used)
  • Defplay Senso V3
  • Stiga Allround Classic


Help me make-up my wavering mind ..


I have used the Yinhe 980 . I did not like it because it was somewhat stiff . I do not play that well with stiffish blades . I don't think this blade will suit DG as you will lack control, however, Tm could be ok with it since Tm being slow you can benefit from the stiffness of the 980 .

Maybe the Defplay is ok with DG , however, you may lack power in your FH, so, I would choose the Stiga all round classic as your fh game won't be harmed .

For D.Tecs, due to the speed, I would choose the slowest blade possible, hence, Def play . :)


Oh ... I 'm under the impression that stiffness in a blade aids reversal, especially with Passive Blocks..

I have some mixed feelings about the Defplay .. I found that the blade to be rather springy, especially when paired with ox LPs ... which made, passive blocking, a bit challenging, especially against the afore-mentioned power-loopers .. On the other hand, I find it pretty good for looping ... Plenty of spin, and decent speed .. Currently, I have this blade setup with Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm, and I feel that it has had a sort-of taming effect on the spingy'ness, while passive-blocking, and even chopping..

In terms of power, I feel that the Defplay is almost the same as Stiga Allround Classic.. maybe, just a wee bit less power..

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2019, 08:55 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 06:17
Posts: 1038
Location: Yorkshire
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.7boosted
BH: 388d ox
I found my 82g Allround classic has better dampening than Defplay with ox lp on a par with TSP balsa def,a lighter copy of the Stiga (70g)was faster with ox lp and dampening was poor,big weight fluctuation with all round classic,and highest throw on F/hand of the blades I've tried
Most dampening ox lp for me is p1r,very good lifting backspin serves and chopblocking cant be too passive with it though

_________________
Tsp Black Balsa 3.0Tenergy 05 1.9 booosted/388d ox


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: redspot and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group