OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019, 01:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
As the current regulations go, the days of disturbing weird low trajectory LPS are gone. If we also play with a worse new ABS ball, then , the possibilities are even fewer,......

The positive side of this is that the defenders have had to improve the game with the inverted , learn to twiddle effectively, and develop a more quality topspin ,....

Others have opted for treating the LP, which is understandable if you live on TT,...., it is also understandable if you are an amateur , just to take the mickey out of the ITTF for implementing ridiculous regulations against the LPS ,....

As we have seen this 2019, the Doc came out with a slow versatile Lp- TM-. The Doc being famous for the king of disruption material cannot come up with a new disturbing LP . ;( ;( ;( .....

Do you really think we will ever see a new disturbing weird low trajectory Lp? ( of course, with decent durability ),....

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019, 02:55 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
The d.tecs I use still has a lot of wobble and weirdness. What kind of effect are you hoping to get?

I also have the TM rubber and people I play against say the only one that bothers them much is d.tecs. Could be due to my understanding of d.tecs vs Tm though

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019, 15:37 

Last edited by veronicamoser on 04 Jan 2020, 02:14, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019, 16:27 
Super User

Taking a nail clipper and cutting the pips half way (not completely detached) at varying locations and varying heights will theoretically give you disturbance no?

Also, disturbing = inconsistent trajectories. Can you really have it both ways?

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019, 16:29 

Blade: $10 premade
FH: $10 premade
BH: $10 premade
lasta wrote:
Taking a nail clipper and cutting the pips half way (not completely detached) at varying locations and varying heights will theoretically give you disturbance no?

Will cutting the pips be legal in a tournament?

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2019, 16:48 
Super User

ibnsalaam wrote:
lasta wrote:

Will cutting the pips be legal in a tournament?

I don't use long pips, so can't confirm. But...don't ask, don't tell hahaha.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 01:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

For disturbance, weird trajectories I mean the fact that the opponent cannot easily loop , he can make more mistakes relooping, very hard to reloop again etc.... DG excels in this department as opposed to Tm, which is a very good rubber but very easy to loop back against ,...

D. techs, seems to be working great but the control is an issue,.... and it does not perform as good as the old version due to the pips being shorter ,....

So my theory is that the possibility of a new disturbing, low trajectory - with decent control- LP is remote unless there is some kind of secret treatment from the companies, or super thin wide spaced pips with little friction ,......

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 02:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
charmander defender wrote:
For disturbance, weird trajectories I mean the fact that the opponent cannot easily loop , he can make more mistakes relooping, very hard to reloop again etc.... DG excels in this department as opposed to Tm, which is a very good rubber but very easy to loop back against ,...

D. techs, seems to be working great but the control is an issue,.... and it does not perform as good as the old version due to the pips being shorter ,....

So my theory is that the possibility of a new disturbing, low trajectory - with decent control- LP is remote unless there is some kind of secret treatment from the companies, or super thin wide spaced pips with little friction ,......

dtecs on tibhar defence plus has amazing control-f/h is bad on this blade though
worth a try

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 02:34 

The level of intellect on here has never ceased to amaze me. Just play under the sun or tan with your pips. But if you're still looking for the magic pill, consider this:
https://www.zepxi.com/now-you-can-buy-f ... and-roses/

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 03:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

veronicamoser wrote:
The level of intellect on here has never ceased to amaze me. Just play under the sun or tan with your pips. But if you're still looking for the magic pill, consider this:
https://www.zepxi.com/now-you-can-buy-f ... and-roses/

You sound morose,.... pity!,.... it seems you don't understand the post,.... a lp difficult to reloop against does not mean a magic pill,.... or the unkind link you have just posted,....

However, I do understand characters like yourself,..you are important to balance the positives in the world,.... no offense taken,.. and never will,....

Unkindness will never ever beat kindness,.... no matter what you say or insult here, you are already deep in your misery,.... that's why, to feel yourself better you say things like . " The level of intellect on here has never ceased to amaze me." .....,which means you, as a supposed high level intellectual person demonstrates the opposite by being unfairly impolite .

You can disagree , of course,.... but crossing the limit of kindness reveals where you actually are,.... deep , deep in the absolute abyss of misery ,....

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 10:54 
Super User

I bet all LP players are on the exact same quest Char Def. ;) Hopefully one of us will fortuitously stumble upon to share with the forum community that elusive, legit, disturbing and low trajectory LP one day to make our dreams come true. Immaterial of what some may negatively think/commnent on this post, the search my dear friend continues... :)

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 12:46 

Last edited by veronicamoser on 04 Jan 2020, 02:18, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 23:03 

Spinlord promised that the Leviathan LP, which is already on the LARC, would be the most disturbing LP for the ABS ball in existence.
It was supposed to come out towards the end of 2019, but it turned out that when produced in mass, the rubber is even less durable than Dornenglanz, so they have indefinitely postponed the introduction of the Leviathan, and according to the owner it is unclear whether it will be possible at all to mass produce a rubber with the characteristics that they were going for.

That said it is always possible that someone will produce something totally out of the blue, with properties that others didn't manage to do before, like Spinlab did with the Vortex.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 23:17 

veronicamoser wrote:
There is no magic pill. It ain't the equipment but the skill. Well...the skill to treat.
Muahahahahhahahahhaaahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahh :rock:

Moser! Should you wish to exercise your dark humour then please avoid entering this section of the
forum. It is not for you, it is for proud payers whom play their own style which you hate.
You can exercise and share your humour in the special section where you can lough at payers
whom like boosting their rubbers with various oils and chemicals.
You can also lough at professional players including the entire Chinese National team.
Hopefully they will appreciate your humour but not us the darkside players.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2020, 01:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

veronicamoser wrote:
The world is full of sad people who lack a good sense of humor. It's even worst when these sad people are on a quest for the holly grail of long pips. By being a long pips junkie you are basically avoiding the harsh reality that you need to work on your skills rather then place so much faith in equipment. Don't take table tennis so seriously. Enjoy it (with your pips) in the sun!!! :dance:

https://www.zazzle.com/funny_christmas_ ... 8093580907

:rofl: :lol: :rock:

I concur with you my dear forum member,......, however, let me remind you that your words were jammed with disrespect and impoliteness,.... sense of humour all right,.... disrespect , no, please,....

Who said I was a lp Junkie?,.....In fact, I don't buy a lot of them but yes, I just try those who may have some potential to improve my game,.... not to live on just the lp weirdness,..as my strategy is the counter attack,..like so many of us here,...therefore,..we need a disturbing lp , not to get just easy points, rather, to set up our game , which is based on counterattacking ,....

Yes, you are right,... some people intend to just live on the errors of the opponent, so they treat the lp,.... but we are not talking about just living on the lp weirdness,...we are talking here about making the opponent have a hard time to reloop so we can counterattack more easily,..that's all my friend,.....

I do enjoy my tt,....in fact, I am training more my inverted than the pips currently,.... topspin, countering, blocking, on the bh,.... I spend hours on this,..... so please, never suppose everybody wants to rely on the pips and gain easy points,.... that era has gone by forever,.....

...finally, please, do not dye your words with negative , impolite,apparently great sense of humour when ,in reality, you expose yourself as a riled up villain ,.....

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!