OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 22:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 01:05 

Blade: JP Gatien allround
FH: Donic JO Waldner
BH: TSP Curl Bamboo P1
Hello everyone

I have really felt the urge to take up table tennis again since not have been holding a bat since i was 18. Last i played was around 2004 and i played almost exactly like Fabian Åkerström did before the ban. Attacking forehand and blocking/disrupting with my backhand. Not a chopper. I had a TSP curl bamboo P1 which now is banned so my question is what kind of long pips you guys would recommend. The thing is that i played with a sponge and what i heard is that the Bamboo P1 was not the worst of the anti spin long pips out there. Are there any long pips that are similar to the old curl bamboo p1?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 05:03 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Fabian plays SpinLord Dornenglanz ox nowadays.

PostPosted: 13 May 2019, 22:44 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
You might try Double Fish OX 1615

$5-6 at AliExpress

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 05:45 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
I want to play like that to ....
I first tried the DHS Cloud & Fog 3 with 1mm. To fast for close table combat for me.
Now i have Dr. neubauer 0.6mm Viper. Much better close to the table but very slow .. I have to adjust to that ....
There are some more alternatives to close table LP but I don't know any 'cheap' ones.
Grass D.Tecs should be good but haven't tried it yet.

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 05:14 

I bump this thread again since did not make a comeback last year but this time i mean it! As i stated before, i used to play with a frictionless long pip but i used it kind off aggresivily to chop push my opponents underspin or chop block or just block with my lp for the huge spin reversal. I am looking for some similar long pips today that dont get so affected by my opponents spin, i want to be able to push and have some reversal. I used to play with a curl bamboo p1 with a 1mm sponge so it was not as nasty as the old DR Neubauer ox rubbers so i think i want something similar to that if there are anything like it out there.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 07:34 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
Bamboo was really good, you could basically do anything with it while still having sick reversal and produce good wobble when using a thick layer underneath. Only needed a bit of feeling and a good understanding of reading spin.

The step to D'tecs is quite a big one. I played bamboo for a few years, loved it but it was really slow. D'tecs is really fast but if you can chandle the speed it's actually a great replacement. You won't be able to do the same spinvariations though. And the disrubtion is different. Bamboo could really slow the game down, but D'tecs keeps the pace going.

Also if you want the same control and dangerious balls from further away from the table I wouldn't pick D'tecs.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 18:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What does Manika Bhatra use? (Not some form of Dtecs?)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 19:27 

iskandar taib wrote:
What does Manika Bhatra use? (Not some form of Dtecs?)

Iskandar

Far as I know it's still D'tecs. You can play the game Skendarn discribed with it. But IMHO it's a whole different kind of LP than the bamboo, so it might take a while to adjust and there are some tradeoffs as I mentioned above.

I actually found D'tecs to be easier to play at the lower levels of table tennis if you can handle the initual speed. It's harder once someone can really put the pressure on.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 19:46 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
If Bamboo was slow the perhaps Troublemaker which has had good reviews in this forum. Speed of your blade will be an important factor - slow blade try DTsecS fast blade maybe Troublemaker

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 23:18 

DTech is on my list that i want to check out. Another lp is TT Death Metal. Have you guys any thought about that one?. I read that Fabian Åkerström played with a Spinlord Dornenglanz before but swapped to TT Death metal.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 23:27 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
For a while I went from DTecs to Dr N Troublemaker because it is very slow but I'm now back with DTecs because of spin reversal. Troublemaker gave me very little/if any spin reversal :n: where DTecs gives me plenty :up: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 12:57 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Buy 'em all is like the Pokémon way... it might be the only way to find out for yourself... and TT sellers will gold star you too.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 14:43 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Gollum wrote:
For a while I went from DTecs to Dr N Troublemaker because it is very slow but I'm now back with DTecs because of spin reversal. Troublemaker gave me very little/if any spin reversal :n: where DTecs gives me plenty :up: :clap:

When I say played with DTecs for a while that length of time was about 2 years & then when Troublemaker had a lot of good reports I experimented as I have 3 blades as can be seen on my signature so I tried it now I have returned to DTecs for the reasons as stated above. :clap:
But if others want to buy 'em all is like the Pokémon way... & get a TT sellers gold star :*: .... I say go for it. :up:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 17:38 

You could also try the TSP Curl P3 Alpha R. It's more similar to the bamboo. More like a legal worse version of the bamboo (with some minor differences that need not be mentioned). It's pretty good for blocking close to the table and has some disturbance and reversal . It's not on par with D'tecs when it comes to disturbance nor reversal but it's also not as fast and will make the trancision from the bamboo easier. (could also use OX to get closer to the disturbance and reversap of the bamboo)

Still would recommend just trying out the D'tecs though... it greatly increased my percentages in competition while also making my games more fun because of its speed, so I'm sold on it's greatness :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 18:04 
Super User

My recommendation: Bomb Talent OX. Good all-rounder pip. Decent reversal with blocking and hitting capabilities. Cheap too! You can't go wrong. Give it a try! :up: