OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 00:03 

Blade: DHS PG2
FH: DHS Gold ARC 8
BH: 61 second Kangaroo

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 00:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

"Large pegs"? Are these those expanded pips like you can get from China? Like Old Man Huang uses? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 00:52 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I think so.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 01:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
In the video he is talking about Poland and that many defenders do not have 100% legal equipment.The guy in the video does not help the defenders' community at all.Please, talk about the massive illegal boosting of inverted .

What happens in a small country in Europe does not show reality at all.Besides, the guy in the video might be playing with treated pips as well .

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 05:45 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Poland is actually not "a small country in Europe" when it comes to the standard of table tennis. I've trained in with a few clubs in Warsaw and the standard is pretty much on par with what I would expect in Sweden for amateurs (i.e. very good). Their league is one of the better ones in the world with people like Gionis playing in it. Their womens national team is very strong and would most likely crush nations like the US if they would meet.

Guess what country Grubba came from? :rofl:

ps. The subtitles are hilarious ds.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 07:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

My dear forum member,I did not mean to put down Poland.Just said watching a non ittf rubber perform in a country like Poland is not the true picture of the pips world.I did not say small in tt but in square Kms you cannot deny it is small.

You sound hurt when my intentions are kind,maybeI sounded aggressive because I do not like anyone showing illegal stuff on videos,then,some people will believe most defenders keep cheating,which of course is not true .

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 14:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
In all fairness, this rubber should be legal. Pip specifications were never adjusted to compensate for the larger 40mm (and now the 40+) ball. We're still using pip specs for the 38mm ball.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 16:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Heh heh heh... "Large" seems to be the technical term for this stuff. I wonder what "spigot" refers to. I think "pegs" might be better as a term than "pimples", which makes me think of puberty.. :lol:

I wonder why 388D-1 in particular is used for this. Does it have some property that makes it amenable to expansion, compared to other rubbers? It CAN be found for very little (about $5 a sheet), and ttnpp sells the expanded sheets - they don't cost much, either. I've got a sheet of it myself, as a well as an actual sheet of Old Man Huang rubber (also from ttnpp). I wonder if other long pips sheets can be similarly modified - I suppose if you know how it's done you could go ape trying out different sheets and expanding them to lesser and greater degrees. Apparently the pips tend to break off easier the more you expand the rubber, so one part of the experiment would be trying to find a brand of rubber that can withstand extreme enlargement. Anyone know how these are made? Supposedly has to do with olive oil (I wonder if Extra Virgin is necessary, or can you use the cheap stuff?). Maybe canola oil might work. And what happens if you use the same process on inverted - you could experiment with, say, Reactor Corbor.

I suppose I had to chuckle at the first part of the video - the narrator was trying to justify his use of the stuff. They blurred out the video, almost as though this was one of those "confessional" videos you come across on late night TV where the speaker is maybe a drug addict or a mass murderer.

By the way, the guy in the video was a defender of sorts (more of a bumper than a blocker) but Old Man Huang's not a defender - he's more of a tricky attacker.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 21:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I seem to remember that somebody in this forum said at some point that if you enlarge the pips, they become too fast and uncontrollable,... by using olive oil and letting it to rest for a few days,......

... as some people( who have experimented ) claim , If pips break off soon, the wonder rubber to experiment on should be cheap, hence, Chinese rubbers are preferred,.... there was a notorious Palio Ck flying around the internet for 50$ a sheet preplastic era ....

This black legend is what makes us, defenders, suffer the hate and suspicions .....that's life!! :)

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2020, 14:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Sort of an aside.. did you know Poland's divided into two? :lol:

FF to 5:00.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2020, 21:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Sort of an aside.. did you know Poland's divided into two? :lol:

Iskandar

Therefore,even smaller!! :lol: :lol: .... but I did not mean to be disrespectful at all,..sometimes small is better than big,....the way I made the comment may have sounded impolite,..... but far from it !!!

Just say I do not like illegal pips being shown on the internet or as in this case in a tournament,..I think it is an awful propaganda for the pips world .

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2020, 02:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I must admit, seeing that made me raise my eyebrows. If a small, unknown channel had posted the video, that would have been one thing. But for a well-regarded channel with lots of subscribers and reviews to post this? Hmm... :lol: Kind of appreciate the information, I've always wondered about these and what they were about, and seeing all the interest in stuff like putting rubbers out in the sun and such.. well, there's probably quite a bit of this stuff going on. I remember some really vehement comments of those Old Man Huang videos about "people who cheat", use "treated rubbers", etc. and wondered why they were so angry about it. If it's rampant in certain places, getting beat by someone using this stuff would definitely "trigger" people. That's probably why ITTF banned the no-friction pips - because there were enough of these "triggered" people in certain countries to form a sizeable lobby of angry people who wanted the stuff banned.

Took me a while to find this again, so I'm posting it here. It's a video of Old Man Huang playing.

And there was quite a bit of discussion from 5 years ago about expanded pips rubber here.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27376

I'm pretty sure those matches are from Poland.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2020, 03:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yes, I agree with you but there also seemed to be a quarrel between the Doc and a member of the ITTF .

The problem about it all is that all these discussions on non Ittf material are throwing a dark light again against the pip players.Yes, the cheating continues, of course, due to ridiculous regulations , however, I insist on making people realise that the illegal boosting of inverted rubbers is on the rise and I do not see any inverted players complaining about this .It gives the impression that ONLY the pip players cheat. .

PostPosted: 23 May 2021, 01:40 

charmander defender wrote:
The problem about it all is that all these discussions on non Ittf material are throwing a dark light again against the pip players.Yes, the cheating continues, of course, due to ridiculous regulations , however, I insist on making people realise that the illegal boosting of inverted rubbers is on the rise and I do not see any inverted players complaining about this .It gives the impression that ONLY the pip players cheat. .

But aren't inverted (1995 speed glue / 2008 boosters / insert new name here after AGM2021) rubber users the majority in ITTF ? And in a democracy, they prevail & whatever rule they institute, however ridiculous or unhealthy (or the ratio of boost cheaters vs pips cheaters) you may feel personally (in fact many many many players, almost everyone, may think you are the one (& only one) repeatedly talking about the minority rights and ethics etc & making a fool of yourselves.........also if you keep complaining about it, what are you or can you do anything about it ? NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. ZERO). Actually it is as if you are trying to incite a (futile) race war between inverted players & pips/anti users.

Also I don't understand your this dark light nonsense. Don't pips/anti players proudly call themselves to be on the "dark" side ?

PostPosted: 23 May 2021, 01:54 

mynamenotbob wrote:
In all fairness, .

ROTFL

mynamenotbob wrote:
In all fairness, this rubber should be legal. Pip specifications were never adjusted to compensate for the larger 40mm (and now the 40+) ball. We're still using pip specs for the 38mm ball.

No kidding. How old are you ? (I ask because I wanted to ask if it took you 23 years to realize this)

Anyway if is so unfair, what are you or can you do about this ? Or are you just blowing some hot air ?

The irony in a bizarre & twisted way is that, maybe the 1998 Scholer "adjustment" (that you politely call it) was a good one because if it never happened then no one would have realized the additional massive damage to the sport that followed in 2000, 2003 & 2013 by (former defensive player & convicted) former ITTF strongman Adham Sharara (as pointed out by of all people, Jorg Rosskopf, during the WVC-2018-Las Vegas of Scholer), because now, even the repeal of the 1998 "adjustment" by setting the Aspect Ratio back to 1.3 is definitely not sufficient in light of the 2000, 2003 & 2013 atrocities of the ITTF against defenders