OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 19:33 

Hi everyone as anyone tried Saviga Monster 77 rubber? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2020, 07:20 

Hi everyone i am surprised i have had no replys to this question. I tried this long pimples on an old dark knight re-impact blade. The results were quite encouraging. Saviga Monster 77 is a slow rubber with good spin reversal. Very good for defence and very good for service return. I like this rubber and it could replace my Tibhar Grass Dtecs. I need to try it on a new Dark Knight Re-Impact which I will receive on a few weeks. If anyone is interested I will post the results. ?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2020, 14:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose no one else has tried it.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2020, 21:12 

u60479z wrote:
Hi everyone i am surprised i have had no replys to this question. I tried this long pimples on an old dark knight re-impact blade. The results were quite encouraging. Saviga Monster 77 is a slow rubber with good spin reversal. Very good for defence and very good for service return. I like this rubber and it could replace my Tibhar Grass Dtecs. I need to try it on a new Dark Knight Re-Impact which I will receive on a few weeks. If anyone is interested I will post the results. ?

This is a new release. Even there is no info in German Noppen Test forum. So would you please post your impression and results
on testing this new pimples. Please mention the type of ball you were using in tests. Can you try it on non balsa offensive blade
or all-round plus blade. Your feed back would be much appreciated

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2020, 00:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Please could you compare to 388d?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2020, 01:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yogi did a review on table tennis daily
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 2730566115

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 05:59 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Tried this rubber last night. Very promising so far.

- The pips are widely spaced, medium thickness, long, quite soft and vertically aligned.
- The spin reversal is quite good off of passive blocks, right up there with the best passive spin reversal I've seen since the frictionless ban and the ABS-ball changeover.
- Passive blocks off of strong loops stay on the table (if you take the ball off the bounce) and have a very low flight path on blocks.
- If I chop-block, the spin reversal is, of course, even higher and the trajectory sometimes gets pretty nasty.
- The rubber is also very good and forgiving for chopping. The trajectory on chops, as on blocks, is low. The amount of underspin generated on chops is high for an OX rubber, which I'm surprised about because usually if there's a decent amount of spin reversal on passive blocks, then there isn't much spin on chops.
- The rubber is not particularly spin sensitive and (one thing I look for) not super sidespin sensitive.
- The rubber is slow with passive shots and fast with active shots. This means good dampening on blocks and decent pace on attacks. In fact, the main issue I sometimes had last night is that when my opponent's loop didn't have much pace on it, the dampening on passive blocks resulted in it not clearing the net. This is easily solved by pushing forward a bit, but that's something I'll need to get used to.
- In general, attacking, i.e., hitting, seems, so far, direct and unpleasant for the opponent.
- The rubber has no obvious weak points. I still need to try it out a bit more with different styles and especially with no-spin players, but it's looking quite good so far and seems like it might be a keeper.
- Even if durability doesn't wind up being great, at under $20 per sheet, I won't complain.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 06:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tradition Tradesman good report,did you use red or black in the test?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 06:50 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Red. I've never used black long pips in my entire table tennis life!

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 07:37 

Are you going to use this long pimple? If so, be sure to report on its durability. I don't want to push myself into hard-wearing pimples anymore, even if they offer 'a little' more.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 07:57 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Gzubik wrote:
Are you going to use this long pimple? If so, be sure to report on its durability. I don't want to push myself into hard-wearing pimples anymore, even if they offer 'a little' more.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yes, unless I see some sudden huge issue, my current plan is to stick with these for awhile, and so I'll post about any changes in my impressions and about durability.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020, 20:00 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Tried this rubber last night. Very promising so far.

- The pips are widely spaced, medium thickness, long, quite soft and vertically aligned.
- The spin reversal is quite good off of passive blocks, right up there with the best passive spin reversal I've seen since the frictionless ban and the ABS-ball changeover.
- Passive blocks off of strong loops stay on the table (if you take the ball off the bounce) and have a very low flight path on blocks.
- If I chop-block, the spin reversal is, of course, even higher and the trajectory sometimes gets pretty nasty.
- The rubber is also very good and forgiving for chopping. The trajectory on chops, as on blocks, is low. The amount of underspin generated on chops is high for an OX rubber, which I'm surprised about because usually if there's a decent amount of spin reversal on passive blocks, then there isn't much spin on chops.
- The rubber is not particularly spin sensitive and (one thing I look for) not super sidespin sensitive.
- The rubber is slow with passive shots and fast with active shots. This means good dampening on blocks and decent pace on attacks. In fact, the main issue I sometimes had last night is that when my opponent's loop didn't have much pace on it, the dampening on passive blocks resulted in it not clearing the net. This is easily solved by pushing forward a bit, but that's something I'll need to get used to.
- In general, attacking, i.e., hitting, seems, so far, direct and unpleasant for the opponent.
- The rubber has no obvious weak points. I still need to try it out a bit more with different styles and especially with no-spin players, but it's looking quite good so far and seems like it might be a keeper.
- Even if durability doesn't wind up being great, at under $20 per sheet, I won't complain.

TT, as always your report is spot on i.e. reflective of all playing characteristics of the covering. Many thanks for the info. If not a secret
where did you purchase Monster 77? Another question: What type (types) of the ball was used during the tests?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2020, 03:30 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
TT, as always your report is spot on i.e. reflective of all playing characteristics of the covering. Many thanks for the info. If not a secret where did you purchase Monster 77? Another question: What type (types) of the ball was used during the tests?

I ordered it from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dawei-Saviga-7 ... 4902.l9144 It arrived from California (to New York) in under a week.

The ball we used was the new version of the Joola Prime ABS ball, but I've also now tried it with the Nittaku premium ball and regular practice balls, and it's fine with all of them.

In case it's of interest, the blade I tried it on was my primary blade (the Re-impact Tachi Plus, 2019 version).

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2020, 22:32 

TT, any update of your thoughts on this rubber? Working well? Thanks!

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2020, 01:38 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

The one difference with my initial assessment is that I've found attacking more difficult than I initially thought. Because the pips are soft and the grip is relatively low, it's important to get the timing and blade angle right when attacking, but when attacks do come on, they are very unpleasant for the opponent. So still working on mastering this aspect of things, which I need to do, because attacking with pips is a big part of my game.