OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2020, 01:14 
Super User

Hi

Has anybody tried it in 0,5 mm ?
I am a chopper, and i looking for a slower alternative to D. Tecs 0,5.
Does any of you chop with it ?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 21:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Good day ! this is just a note to thank Ttradesman for his post on 77 M.His comments are spot on and I concur with all that he has said here.I trained for four hours yesterday night and I must say I am impressed ! . The combination with Grubba all + and Marder 1.0 is really good . I do not hit with my pips any more so durability is not going to be an issue here. The only drawback,imo, is that it does not have a great braking effect on fast loops but the ball does land on the table low enough so the opponent has difficulty relooping .

The speed is medium low; I do not consider it slow as there are other pips like Hellfire X or TM that are the real slow ones ; I should label the speed as controllable speed but not slow.Maybe the blade and the combination with the inverted has a role here to play.

Pricewise, the temptaion is high; at just 17€ it deserves, at least. a try .If you hit , I do not recommend these pips.They are the softest pips I have ever tried, hence, they will break soon as Tradesman very well knows .

They are vertically aligned, very wide spaced and supersoft.They work great from the get go, no need to break them in!!!!!

Please, share your experience here :)

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2020, 04:09 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Glad you found my comments useful, Charmander. If you don't hit, this rubber is great, producing great spin reversal and nasty trajectories. The decent speed of the rubber makes it harder on your opponent.

I found that with the Saviga 77 Monster, the best way to handle strong loops, rather than blocking off the bounce, was to block near the end of the table (close to your body, holding the paddle at 90 degrees, with a lose grip). Even better is to do a slight chop block near the end of the table, if you know how to do that. Those chop-blocks come back to your opponent with very strong underspin.

I'll be curious to hear how your experience goes as far as how long the pips last. I would've stayed with the rubber, but having to change to a new sheet every 1.5-2 months was a bit too annoying for me. But I do hit with pips often, so hopefully your sheet will last longer than mine.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2020, 11:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Hi, TTradesman! Yes,I do agree on the slight chopblock for fast loops.I also did train that technique with great success.

It seems super soft pips are likely to break soon.Also,it depends on the base of the rubber ,that is, how thin / thick it is.

I have trained for another 3 hours today and I love the way 77 M plays.I scored many points with just passive reversal and by twidling after they pass the ball due to a short block .

It seems to me that the pips look / are fragile because of being so soft .It is a pity you cannot stay with these pips but imo you need semihard / hard pips to hit without breaking pips so fast .Maybe , Hellfire X could be ok for you but price wise it is terribly expensive.
Spinlord Zeitgeist is great for blocking and hitting but not ok to push the no spin ball.Maybe ,you could consider trying the Zeitgeist and the price is quite ok about 18€ here.

After 1/2 months I will report on durability and I feel, 77 M can last long with zero hitting . :)

Char Def

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2020, 12:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Got a sheet of Saviga Monster 77 on order. Looking forward to trying it! DG has been about perfect for me though. My well-used sheet has finally lost two pips (first time ever). Should be able to use it for a while longer.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 13:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Got it! Feedback coming soon.

Attachments:
77.jpeg
77.jpeg [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 3075 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 20:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The base of the rubber is very thin so when ungluing you must be really careful.I am testing 1.2 and 1.0 Marder on the Fh side .

The rubber looks / feels way flimsy so gluing must be done carefully as well .I like it a lot as it blocks really well and due to it being so soft the pushes get good acceleration. Also, the chopblocks from the corner of the table send heavy backspin, a winner :) .

I ordered some more sheets :)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2020, 22:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://youtu.be/y5nVQmqOaNo

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2020, 00:37 

charmander defender wrote:
The base of the rubber is very thin so when ungluing you must be really careful.I am testing 1.2 and 1.0 Marder on the Fh side .

The rubber looks / feels way flimsy so gluing must be done carefully as well .I like it a lot as it blocks really well and due to it being so soft the pushes get good acceleration. Also, the chopblocks from the corner of the table send heavy backspin, a winner :) .

I ordered some more sheets :)

Charm Def, where are you getting the Monster from?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2020, 01:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/400085 ... k82NTlNdQ..

:)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2020, 07:37 
Super User

Thanks for sharing CharDef. I am now a puntoSpicos fan. Love those long pips videos. :D

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2020, 19:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TTbuddy wrote:

Thanks for sharing CharDef. I am now a puntoSpicos fan. Love those long pips videos. :D

It's great to share anything related to TT in this fantastic forum with such awesome members .Thanks for all the criticism( even the haters have their place here as in real life they have a place in society),videos,.....etc.....

We hope to lead people in the right direction....and as far as Saviga 77 M is concerned, I really think it is a great LP to take into account...... TTradesman very well assessed its strengths and I am now testing it 3 times per week at 3 hours per session .I was able to test 77 M against a high level looper and it worked very well.Just want to keep testing as much as possible in order to assess the durability,which in my case I feel it will be great as I do not hit with the pips and with just passive blocking the reversal is very good.Also,chop blocking from the bh corner sends heavy backspin,which is 95% a winner,really difficult to reloop.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2020, 21:08 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Have anybody found these pips WITH sponge (not OX) in Alixpress stores?

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2020, 21:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

tzifos wrote:
Have anybody found these pips WITH sponge (not OX) in Alixpress stores?

No,it seems it is only sold in the ox version.So far I have had great impressions and it is working well against high level players( by high level I mean 2500 US)I am having the privilege to train with him these days .How do I know the level is about 2500/ + US? Because he played in the second national League here,the next down after the pros.

The only weakness ,imo ,is that it lacks what people call : braking effect for superfast shots.It is really difficult to block mid table and the block does land long but what you can do is to try and block the ball at net level as much as possible .

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2020, 21:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
The only weakness ,imo ,is that it lacks what people call : braking effect for superfast shots.It is really difficult to block mid table and the block does land long
It will be interesting to see how it blocks on slower blades with more dampening if We ever get back

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!