OOAK Table Tennis Forum
https://ooakforum.com/

LP tactics against MP or SP
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36671
Page 1 of 1

Author:  merlin el mago [ 13 Feb 2020, 20:39 ]
Post subject:  LP tactics against MP or SP

Yesterday I was playing competition against a BH medium pips Curl P2 player and mine normal tactics against inverted rubbers doesn't worked and lost the match. I'm looking for suggestions how to play against this players using LP.

Author:  vanjr [ 14 Feb 2020, 01:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: LP tactics against MP or SP

merlin el mago wrote:
Yesterday I was playing competition against a BH medium pips Curl P2 player and mine normal tactics against inverted rubbers doesn't worked and lost the match. I'm looking for suggestions how to play against this players using LP.


Very hard match up, especially if they hit. You have to either
1. Beat him at your game-unless your game is predicated on his high spin
2. Beat him by giving him low spin balls that he cannot handle.

Generally when I have played med pip players I am either much worse or much better, so the outcome is usually decided. If I ever get a med pip player I would start off by serving long, dead and deep to the medium pips and concentrate or winning the attack with the 3rd ball.
On their serve I would work to either drop the ball short and dead to their med pip side (hard to flick with med pips) or play to their inverted side or mix up. I search for a strategy that works. We all have weaknesses. Even heavy top spin lobs (if deep) can be effective.

Author:  merlin el mago [ 14 Feb 2020, 01:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: LP tactics against MP or SP

Mine other collegue beat him using the strategy I give him to send to his BH alternate long & short chops from his BH waiting the high ball return to attack with his BH top spin, mine collegue uses a chop inverted rubber and can apply the tactic, the MP player FH was too strong looping & chopped the ball very strong with his FH inverted rubber & also with his MP. Also I'm using an old Fastarc G-1 original not a lot of gripping but now almost without grip also the Stiga Allround WRB can help to attack strong. BTW the MP player is double ranked of points that I have.

With mine actual setup no way to brush slow the strong chops and he played against me sending all the ball to mine BH & playing fast landing the balls at the end of the table he know very well how to play against LP blocker also he didn't blocked any ball only chopping with his BH MP close to the table. I really didn't tried your suggestion: "Even heavy top spin lobs (if deep) can be effective." because all high ball with his BH or FH returned with heavy top spin landing at the end of the table just in each corner. Long serve directly to his body not worked, simple moved a litlle and choped the ball with his MP BH.

Author:  Omut [ 14 Feb 2020, 02:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: LP tactics against MP or SP

1) I changed from LP ox to MP for the advantage over defenders and passive players. Especially against LP blockers.
2) If an opponent has much greater rating he will win anyway even with a smartphone in hand. Bad idea to blame his equipment.
3) There is no silver bullet against any equipment. Players can have weaknesses equipments do not.

Author:  rabbit [ 14 Feb 2020, 07:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: LP tactics against MP or SP

Backhand sp/mp is not annoying, the major tactic is to chop or to push it to the player's backhand because most pips players are not comfortable with attacking with backhand against lp; instead most would push it back to your backhand.

1. If they attack with the forehand (inside out) =they lose the position
2. If they attack with the forehand, try to chop back to his/her backhand=losing position
3. keep him/her moving between left and right =losing position (no backhand loop)
4. also be ready for forehand pips attack (use FH against FH to deal with it)

Author:  merlin el mago [ 14 Feb 2020, 20:02 ]
Post subject:  Re: LP tactics against MP or SP

Omut wrote:
1) I changed from LP ox to MP for the advantage over defenders and passive players. Especially against LP blockers.
2) If an opponent has much greater rating he will win anyway even with a smartphone in hand. Bad idea to blame his equipment.
3) There is no silver bullet against any equipment. Players can have weaknesses equipments do not.


1/ I used before MP and know how to use against LP.

2/ I never blamed his equipment, I only want to know tactics against them using LP.

3/ Exactly, I don't argue about the equipment others are using, I want to maximize mi own equipment & tactics using it.

Author:  merlin el mago [ 14 Feb 2020, 20:04 ]
Post subject:  Re: LP tactics against MP or SP

rabbit wrote:
Backhand sp/mp is not annoying, the major tactic is to chop or to push it to the player's backhand because most pips players are not comfortable with attacking with backhand against lp; instead most would push it back to your backhand.

1. If they attack with the forehand (inside out) =they lose the position
2. If they attack with the forehand, try to chop back to his/her backhand=losing position
3. keep him/her moving between left and right =losing position (no backhand loop)
4. also be ready for forehand pips attack (use FH against FH to deal with it)


Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/