OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 01:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
From the last Larc:

193) BARNA ORIGINAL
001 Legend Classic Out
002 Legend Half Long Out
003 Legend Long Long
004 Classic Defence Long
005 Original Anti In
006 Extra Spin In

They have something in common with Der Materialspezialist. Today I recieved a new anti from DMS and with the sending thay had included this:

I checked out the webpage but it did not seem to be finished yet. I was hoping for an English version of this information sheet. Could anyone translate?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 02:12 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
I only understood that Legend Classic is short pips (Kurze), Half Long is medium pips, and Long and Defence are long pips; Anti is anti; and Extra Spin is an inverted defensive rubber "perfect for defending both at the table and from distance" (perfekt fur die klassische Verteidigung aus der Distanz und am Tisch). :)

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 02:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try the phone translator trick (use Google Translate on your phone and point the camera at the screen). It worked for the Yinhe hardness table...

I can at least understand "langnoppenbelag" and "halblangernoppenbelag". They don't seem to offer a "kurznoppenbelag", though, which is what I think Barna would have used when he was playing in the 1950s.. :lol: Oh wait.. that's what the Legend Classic rubber is. I wonder if it's got the cloth backing. The prices do seem a little steep.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 03:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I tried the Google translate and it worked with a photo. This is the result of the translation (strange, it uses both thicknes and strength for the same word):

LEGEND CLASSIC successor to the legendary BARNA dimpled rubber. Short classic studded rubber with non-grooved knobbed heads, optimized for playing with today's plastic balls. In orthodox for the classic defense game with very high control values. With soft sponge underlay, for higher speed and maximum rotation development, ideally suited for safe all-round and offensive play.
Price: 36.90
Colors: red / black
Thicknesses: OX / 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0mm

LEGEND HALF LONG Half-length nubs Covering with remarkable cutting development and pronounced disruptive effect. Optimized by an elastic rubber compound for the varied interference game with uncomfortable undercut and block balls. Perfect for playing with the latest generation plastic balls. In orthodox and sponge for the classic defense as well as for the offensive distraction from the distance and at the table highly recommended. In thicker sponge versions also suitable for a precarious attacking game.
Price: 38.90
Strengths: OX / 1.0 1.5 / 2.0 mm

LEGEND LONG New long-pimpled rubber with a very high inherent elasticity, perfect for the near-table glitch with occasional excursions in the distance as well as the classic Defense. The special material composition enables dangerous ball trajectories and the blocking of enemy attack strikes with excellent precision. Here the ball flies flat and with high cutting development over the net. Perfect for players who not only expect the known disruptive effects, but also value high security.
Strengths: OX / 0.5 / 1.0 1.5 mm

CLASSIC DEFENSE An excellent long pimples cover for the classical defense from the distance In orthodox and with thin sponge also for the disturbance play directly at the table , Optimized traditional rubber compound designed for maximum self-cutting performance with great control values. In the sponge version faster and more dangerous for an attractive defense game with offensive stunt attacks. Thanks to the latest pimple structure and formula perfect for playing with the new ABS balls.
Strengths: OX / 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5 mm

ORIGINAL ANTI Classic ANTI SPIN rubber resistant to top spin and strong spin. High control values ​​thanks to the latest anti-top formula and classic all-round sponge. Thanks to low residual friction also very suitable for offensive counterattacks. The classic among the anti top rubbers optimized for the new plastic ball.
Thicknesses: 1,5 / 1,8 / 2,0 mm
Price: 39,90

EXTRA SPIN High elastic, strong non-slip upper rubber for high cutting performance in passive and active play. The EXTRA SPIN is great for the tricky undercut and block game with spin oriented serves and topspins, as well as hard blows. In thin sponge thicknesses, with the highest control values, perfect for classic defending from a distance and at the table. Offensively aligned with thicker sponge pad, especially with the new plastic balls a real asset.
Thicknesses: 1,5 / 1,8 / 2,1 mm
Price: 42,00

So, a short pimple for offensive game if thick sponge is used, or for a defensive game if a thinner sponge is used.

A medium pimple for disturbance game at high speed or a safer disturbance game of no sponge is used.

A long pimple optimized for close to the table disturbance game or some chopping.

A long pimple made for distance chopping.

A classic anti for safe playing and some chopping.

And an inverted rubber for making spin and controlled chops with some attacks.

And the blades:

CHAMPION DEF The traditional BARNA wood in the style of the recognized champion. This special wood is perfect for the classic defender as well as for the variable Noppenaußen- player on both sides or mutually defends and disturbs. The wood can also be easily combined with any type of sponge rubber flooring. The enlarged bats blade in the classic defensive form offers the greatest possible control and generates an extra large ball hit point. Cutting development and control are top priorities for this high-quality wood.
BARNA ORIGINAL CHAMPION: First choice for the classic defender and the modern jammer.
Handle shapes: concave, straight
Price: € 79.00

WINNER ALL Classic all-round wood with the character of multiple winners. This master wood has the necessary speed for all offensive strikes and at the same time offers the highest control values. The BARNA ORIGINAL WINNER continues to impress with high self-rotation, combined with good penetration and excellent precision. BARNA ORIGINAL WINNER: Impressive control and perfect opening strategies for the classic all-rounder
Grip shapes: concave, anatomical, straight
Price: € 69.00

VICTORY ALL + Concise, fast all-round wood in the tenor of multiple winners.Extreme classic wood veneer combination from the past, with high ball acceleration - Power and strong penetration. Excellent ball feedback and high speed with direct ball stop and flat ball flight curve. Very high inherent development with sponge coverings and pronounced disruptive effect in combination with pimples on the outside or anti-spin coverings. VICTORY: Durable all-round wood with outstanding control values ​​and excellent ball feedback.
Handle shapes: concave, anatomical, straight
Price: € 79,00

TRIUMPH OFF Fast symmetrically designed offensive wood with highest tempo values ​​and massive ball acceleration. High catapult performance and perfect control for quick blows and high-spin topspins from a distance and at the table. Historic veneer structure with thin core veneer, thick intermediate veneers and fine outer veneers. TRIUMPH: Perfect control and massive catapult effect for the offensive material player.
Handle shapes: concave, anatomical, straight
Price: € 69,00

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 16:13 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Def-attack wrote:
From the last Larc:

193) BARNA ORIGINAL
001 Legend Classic Out
002 Legend Half Long Out
003 Legend Long Long
004 Classic Defence Long
005 Original Anti In
006 Extra Spin In

They have something in common with Der Materialspezialist. Today I recieved a new anti from DMS and with the sending thay had included this:

I checked out the webpage but it did not seem to be finished yet. I was hoping for an English version of this information sheet. Could anyone translate?
Yes DMS has bought the Barna brand according to Guido...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2019, 00:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Now the website is up and running so decriptions can be read in proper English, not generated by Google translate (I hope :) ). Also, pictures of the rubbers are available so you can see the pimple structure.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019, 06:52 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Review of Classic Defence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9f_TOvAkI

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019, 19:29 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Anyone have a link to the website?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019, 19:51 
Super User

https://www.barnaoriginal.com/index.php ... 23b55d5177

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019, 22:10 
Super User

Thanks. Not exactly vintage prices.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2019, 07:03 
Super User

yep! and even more pronounced when converted to AUD :o Some good stuff though :P

Last edited by TTbuddy on 06 Sep 2019, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2019, 07:35 
Super User

Yeah I'll be on the lookout for any reviews, especially the Legend Long & Anti.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 00:37 

Surprising, really thought there would be more interest in this revived brand, especially more reviews

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 02:45 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
oldhands wrote:
Surprising, really thought there would be more interest in this revived brand, especially more reviews

There is a review for their new long pips here:

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 05:45 

Thanks Matt ,I have seen the reviews from Geblock, does anyone have more details on where the blades
& rubbers are made? Any reviews from the forum users?
thanks