OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: New Long Pimples
PostPosted: 16 May 2021, 23:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
CHROMATICAL DIFFERENTIATION BETWEEN TYPES OF THE RUBBERS..

SOME GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTO THE SUBJECT.
-- Our Lord designed "warning coloration" for all toxic creatures as can be now found in the Animal World. E.g. we have toxic Toads in blue, and toxic Gnats in pink. Thus could every living man distinguish instantly a nasty toxic animal from an innocent one.
With the persistent view to better benefit all our table tennis players, we have now designed 'warning discoloration liquids' for all those ILLEGALLY BOOSTED rubber materials to come on the market since after October 2021
-- THE ILLEGALLY BOOSTED RED ON APPLYING SUCH LIQUID shall become blue,
-- THE ILLEGALLY BOOSTED black ON APPLYING SUCH LIQUID shall become pink.

WE SECURE FAIR PLAY.

.... from Igor's brilliant presentation we deduce that at present, some people don't know when one plays against a pip or anti player,.... opponents are so confused,..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..... thank you ITTF for helping the poor inverted players :lol:

I thought his hate had been lessening lately,.... :lol: :lol:

to help pips and anti players the Ittf will apply the above mentioned liquid to all inverted rubbers as of October 2021 ; those illegally boosted rubbers will show a discoloration and then banned from competition ....

WE SECURE FAIR PLAY. :lol:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 May 2021, 22:22 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Seriously, even if a player doesn't ask the other player what they use before the match (which you should ALWAYS do), if after one hit you can't tell that it's anti spin or some sort of pip, you are either a complete beginner or, if you are an experienced player, stupid.

I don't think it makes sense to get into the semantics of what "anti spin" should and shouldn't encompass. These rubbers are super slick, with no friction or tack.. Manufacturers and other players refer to them as anti spin. They are clearly not pips out. I'm fine with just referring to them as "inverted" if that makes you feel better. Whatever you call them, they do what I am looking for out of a rubber.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 18 May 2021, 02:23 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Tenergy
BH: Desto
igorponger wrote:
CHROMATICAL DIFFERENTIATION BETWEEN TYPES OF THE RUBBERS..

SOME GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTO THE SUBJECT.
-- Our Lord designed "warning coloration" for all toxic creatures as can be now found in the Animal World. E.g. we have toxic Toads in blue, and toxic Gnats in pink. Thus could every living man distinguish instantly a nasty toxic animal from an innocent one.
With the persistent view to better benefit all our table tennis players, we have now designed 'warning coloration' for all those disruptive & deceptive rubber materials to come on the market since after October 2021
-- Anti's all shall be in blue,
-- Long Pips all in pink.

Hopefully, ITTF will take same view of the problem after due consideration in the nearest possible future.

WE SECURE FAIR PLAY.

Yours respectfully
Mr. Igor Novick
national Ump in charge of racket control

People all are very positive of the innovation
some players feedback wrote:
Wow,
It looks some reasonable solution to enable players to instantly tell the nasty disruptive materials from normal.
Heh, BLUE anti's will be a really snappy colour and easy to discern in every situation at play.
JUST IMAGINE:
You see blue --BE ALERT of the anti
You see pink ---BE ALERT of the LPs
Great .... Nice idea endeed ...

Then what do you suggest should happen to existing long pips & anti rubbers in red & black colors (after October 2021) ?

I don't know why you refer to long-pips & anti as toxic (unless it is some language translation error and not your fault) while boosted rubbers are the real toxic rubbers. Maybe ITTF will provide some free sexy looking anti-toxic protective clothing for all players who don't use boosters to protect themselves ? That is only fair if you want anti & long-pips users to use different color rubbers ?

Seriously speaking, if the rubber colors needs to be dumbed down just for the convenience of pips & anti haters, it is not a bad idea but October 2021 is a very short phase out period for black & red anti/long-pips rubbers.. you need like a 10 year phase out period.

So what happens to short-pips rubbers ? All in green ? LOL

Another problem is that it may be harder to develop anti rubbers in blue only or long-pips in pink only but for inverted you allow at least two colors red and black. It had been easier to develop best antis in black color I think, if you go back to the days of Cai , Hilton & Boggan.

Ideally if want a temporary solution for next 5 years (but I am not sure how easy or hard this is during manufacturing process) , you can make only the logo section of a rubber to be of different color during manufacturing, such as bright red for inverted, black for anti, bright green for short pips, pink for blocking long pips & bright blue for chopping long pips etc .
A simpler solution for future designs , maybe using a convention to name a rubber. Any rubber name starting with RN (I will leave it to your imagination what RN stands for) is an inverted spinny rubber. Any rubber name starting with AT is Anti. Any rubber starting with SP is short pips. Any rubber name starting with BP is blocking type long-pips. Any rubber starting with CP is chopping type long-pips. Or something like that.
With requirement that this part of a rubber name (RN, AT, SP etc) be printed displayed as big as the brand name (or better even bigger)

Last edited by Hubeer on 19 May 2021, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 May 2021, 16:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hahahaha!!!! Igor Novichok vs. S-Jan. Classic!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 May 2021, 20:14 

iskandar taib wrote:
Hahahaha!!!! Igor Novichok vs. S-Jan. Classic!

Iskandar

Thank you HaggisV for using your moderator Iskandar Taib for launching blind personal attacks, completely disregarding the issue discussed in the thread

PostPosted: 19 May 2021, 23:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
dwruck wrote:
Seriously, even if a player doesn't ask the other player what they use before the match (which you should ALWAYS do), if after one hit you can't tell that it's anti spin or some sort of pip, you are either a complete beginner or, if you are an experienced player, stupid.

I don't think it makes sense to get into the semantics of what "anti spin" should and shouldn't encompass. These rubbers are super slick, with no friction or tack.. Manufacturers and other players refer to them as anti spin. They are clearly not pips out. I'm fine with just referring to them as "inverted" if that makes you feel better. Whatever you call them, they do what I am looking for out of a rubber.

I agree 100% with you. I have a guy I play with and he always asks me with color my LP are (I do have several racquets with different LP colors). He will often ask me after we have warmed up FH to FH a few times where I use inverted 90% of the time. How can he ask that question??? He is actually a good player and a very smart university professor with a PhD!

PostPosted: 20 May 2021, 00:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Up to a certain point I can understand why they ask.At some point I used to change my equipment a lot because to check if it really worked I tested a new combo in real matches at tournaments.People could play against anti and pips combo or pips and inverted combo or lp and sp combo etc ......

When we are defensive some people may think we can change our pips or inverted side at some point,...... yes, there may be someone - what you call " stupid " - who always asks but perhaps the one thinking wrong about the opponent is yourself ,..... so better not call names to anyone and be nice,.... when you have an argument the wise always chooses to be kind, never chooses to be right ,.....

......this is also a great lesson for this forum,....... when you have the possibility of being kind or right , always choose kindness ,..... if you apply this principle to your private life , chances are you will live happier and healthier .

PostPosted: 20 May 2021, 06:19 

charmander defender wrote:
always choose kindness ,..... if you apply this principle to your private life , chances are you will live happier and healthier .

This is very good advice. I personally have no problem getting along with anyone including robotNazis in real life. I just don't confront anyone in real life as I do here peacefully. I often hear robotNazis discussing among themselves about how the pips / anti players are ruining this supposedly beautiful sport, when I am sitting close to them. I just don't say anything or confront them but just take mental notes of who these snakes are and leave it at that.

I wanted to address this question in detail, about robotNazis asking what your LP color is or "supposedly" inspecting your racket by putting their fingers all over your racket (both sides) at the sweet spot, to verify if you smooth rubber is spinny or dead or pressing the pips hard with their hands (after just returning from the bathroom) but I could write a book on this, so I will leave it alone.

Inspecting does not mean your opponent (or even umpire) can touch your racket. It is just a visual inspection. Ideally if I was a jerk, I would demand a thorough & complete chemical inspection of my opponent's racket first (for every one of each of billions of VOC chemical combinations possible), before I am willing to submit my racket for visual inspection.

People, people , people (I mean pips / anti users), when are you ever going to wake up and smell the coffee & realize these are all subtle just mindf--- techniques used by the robotNazis to put you in your rightful place in the table-tennis society ?

BTW table-tennis probably has the highest percentage of these supposedly "highly educated" people (someone mentioned someone with a PhD) masquerading as model citizens. But I can confidently say that I have seen no other sport these supposed geniuses turn into extremely irrational animals when at table-tennis. Only explanation I can think of is that table-tennis hurts your ego more than any other sport because 1. it is supposedly an easy game 2. it is an individual sport with people in close proximity

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!