OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: New Long Pimples
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2020, 02:33 
Super User

It does seem to be such a long time since a new ‘wonder’ long pimple has hit the market. By wonder long pip I mean one that a lot of players change to. I know many of us try out other pips but the majority of us return to the one we feel comfortable with. It does such a long time since we had a wow rubber maybe the technology has reached its peak and it’s only the marketing machine that keeps churning the same old same old eg Dr N!!! Anyone know of any news ones worth trying

Post subject: Re: New Long Pimples
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2020, 04:07 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
If your game is blocking at the table and attacking with pips, I think the Hellfire X in OX is definitely worth trying. I found it to be very safe and offering better passive spin reversal than anything else I've tried, while also making chop-blocking easy. I would be using it myself if I didn't need something that's also reliable for chopping, which I found to be too difficult to do reliably with this rubber.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2020, 04:54 
Super User

I tried hellfire a while ago and it didn’t trouble my opponents enough. What is the difference with the X version

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2020, 08:54 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Never tried the original, so can't say.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2020, 16:02 
Super User

There's a new variant of DMS L.S.D, called L.S.D Extra Long ... haven't had a chance to play with it .. just saw the reviews .. as per DMS, the length of the pips is to the max of the permitted limit.. however, I'm not sure whether turn-out to be the wonder pip.. too soon to say (??)

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2020, 10:07 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
i'm presently experiencing all around LPs. Looking for a rubber that can do between good to pretty good in all the sphere of lp shots. I'm presently pretty happy with the spinlord sternenfall 1.5 mm. It has an excellent control fo the ball on all aspects of the game. I would consider it has one of the most versatile Lp I played in the last 15 years. The shops can vary from no spin to heavy underspin depending of the angle of the hit. The pips have a good distance between each other making it possible to play heavly with the pips or the sponge. The pipos are quite long and soft so underspin chop can be made playing more with the pips than the sponge. The rubber is quite smooth. You can block rapidly or softly. The placement is incredible. You can hit fast with a no spin ball as well as with a closed counter hit against backspin or heavy loop. Chopblock are ok to surprise sometime. Short hit are are quite feasible so the opponent can have problem to figure you next shot. Long defense surprised many with ton of backspin.

I remember having hard time with a kind of player who play slow and with no spin ball. I was not able to play with my PR1 with him. The counter hit is quite difficult. I got frustrated. So I changed rubber that have stiff pips and very good control. But when I met an opponent who has strong loop it was too fast and spinny and going back to defend with this kind of Lp was not an option. No underspin. You often heard ' YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL. I don't know eactly why but this Lp I'm quite satisfactory with it. very passive opponent: switch to a hitting mode with a lot of placement. Very loopy opponent: counter hit, go back on long defense if necessary, change spin in defense, surprise with counterhit midtable. Rip shop the guy. etc.

I have been looking for this kind of Lp for a long time. Be able to switch from defense to offense in a click ! Available in ukraine. Maximum table tennis.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020, 01:43 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
As someone who played OX long pips for many years, switching to the new frictionless antispin rubbers has been a revelation for me. I'm using DMS Scandal, and in my opinion there's no long pip that even comes close in terms of blocking close to the table, if that is your preferred style. Granted, it's not as easy to control as long pips, but if you train with it, and like to play defense close to the table, you will enjoy the ability to drop balls short, and the massive spin reversal you can get. To me, the "next big thing" for close to the table blockers isn't a long pip, but it's a frictionless anti.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020, 07:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

MOST BELOVED LP
https://m.eacheng.net/SANWEI-DZ-OX-p1112017.html

RUSSIAN young hopeful 13 yo using this novelty product by SANWEI. Backhand fast block / attack style to confuse opponent.

/Be happy/

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020, 22:46 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
If your game is blocking at the table and attacking with pips, I think the Hellfire X in OX is definitely worth trying. I found it to be very safe and offering better passive spin reversal than anything else I've tried, while also making chop-blocking easy. I would be using it myself if I didn't need something that's also reliable for chopping, which I found to be too difficult to do reliably with this rubber.

Hi TT The Hellfire X works for chopping well on all to all+ blades with a hard outer layer (yanka hardness above 1200).
The best suitable blade is Sauer&Troger Unicorn. I have a friend who chops with Hellfire X in OX on Unicorn blade
from the distance. He can chop with it from the forehand and backend and manages to get lots of backspin.
The balls fly low and loaded so the attacker has to put a lot of action in the topspin shot.
Try it and you will stay with it as this combi provides towards the allround game.
With your level of skills you should manage it easily.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020, 23:33 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
Hi TT The Hellfire X works for chopping well on all to all+ blades with a hard outer layer (yanka hardness above 1200). The best suitable blade is Sauer&Troger Unicorn. I have a friend who chops with Hellfire X in OX on Unicorn blade from the distance. He can chop with it from the forehand and backend and manages to get lots of backspin.
The balls fly low and loaded so the attacker has to put a lot of action in the topspin shot.Try it and you will stay with it as this combi provides towards the allround game.With your level of skills you should manage it easily.

Thanks for the tip. I won't try the Unicorn blade because it's way too heavy. Also, I like oversized blades. And the other thing is that I've gotten quite comfortable with the Bomb Talent at this point. It seems to do everything I need, so while the Hellfire has a bit more passive spin reversal, I can throw in active chop-blocks with the BT easily enough to change the pace and spin, so that I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2020, 21:02 

Blade: Baricade
FH: Butterfly Super Anti
BH: Lion International
I have previously posted on the Hellfire X and as per Redspot's comments this rubber with the Unicorn blade for me can literally do everything. I play predominantly in competitions with the Hellfire X on my forehand about 80% of the time but can easily do 80% on my backhand.

This allows me to be both passive and aggressive in terms of blocking, chopping and hitting. This has given me so many options on different styles I can use and it's actually beyond competing right now but simply having fun to be able to handle a pip that easily.

I'm getting to a point where I allow the opponent to get their first attack in and then try to win the point because when I get to attack first with between 60 to 75% power, I get to string together consistent strokes and win the the majority of the rallys because the dead skidding effect is soo disruptive for an opponent. This is especially when you shift between backhand and forehand placement. I get to "rally" with the pip and within 3 to 6 strokes the errors pile up from the opponents. So if the oppent has excellent feel and control they can guide the hit ball back but not with quality and then you have the option to pivot and kill or twiddle and kill.

The blade and rubber combination is the real next level for me personally. I have the Hellfire X on my other blade the Jhang Jike Super zlc. Obviously much faster then the all wood Unicorn but this has its own advantages and disadvantages. If I want to play a full on attack game with no passive intention then that's the what I will use. Unfortunately not nearly as accurate as the Unicorn but the simple flat hit strokes which I hit in a few different styles are more deadly and the rally is won or lost generally in under 4 strokes. With this blade I can play from zone 2 and cause many problems for my opponent. The big advantage is that because I'm further away I can twiddle and Topspin with my forehand and then twiddle again and hit the flat ball which requires the oppent to be very focused on what I'm doing.

Passive blocks are not effective and travel too long and which is exactly what the strong loopers relish on.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2020, 03:04 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Since I'd previously only tried the Hellfire on my Re-Impact balsa blade, I was curious, after reading some of these thoughts, to give it a try it on the Nittaku Shake Defense blade I've been using lately, and I found that the issue with chopping that I'd had with this rubber on the balsa blade disappeared completely. What a difference a blade makes, huh?! The Hellfire is a bit faster on the Nittaku Shake Defense, but the trajectory of the ball against strong loops is pretty nasty -- low, fast, often swerving, and with the highest spin reversal of any long pips rubber I've tried in the post-ABS-ball era (that last part was true when I tried this rubber on my balsa blade as well, but the spin reversal on this blade might be even a tad higher). It doesn't have quite the soft touch that the Bomb Talent has (with that rubber I can do magnificent drop shots that either win points outright or send the opponent scrambling towards the net and then do an aggressive deep push against the inevitably short return on the next ball, a winning combination in most situations), but it makes up for it with its capabilities against loops. So with the major obstacle I had before (chopping being too inconsistent) having been overcome by the change in blade, I'll try this rubber out for a bit to see how it goes....

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2020, 10:11 

Blade: Kazak DS
FH: Rasanter R48 (2.0) red
BH: Grass D.TecS (0.5) black
Somebody knows? If analogue of rubber Giant Dragon Talon OX?

PostPosted: 16 May 2021, 08:30 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Tenergy
BH: Desto
dwruck wrote:
the massive spin reversal you can get. To me, the "next big thing" for close to the table blockers isn't a long pip, but it's a frictionless anti.

Sorry, 'massive' 'spin-reversal' is not possible with any anti. By definition, an anti rubber takes the spin off the ball and if it reverses the spin, it is not an anti , it is some sort of a spinny inverted rubber (named an anti as a marketing gimmick).
Any (inverted) rubber that creates lots of spin on its own (such as Globe 999 or Juic Spinspiel or Tackiness Chop or RITC TackSpeed 2000 etc) will also react equally violently against incoming spin. Along the same lines an inverted rubber that does not react to spin (as in an anti) cannot also create spin on its own or reverse the spin. Anti-spin rubbers can cause knuckle-ball returns but that is no spin, not spin-reversal.
I am not sure about Tackiness Chop or SpinSpiel but I think RITC 2000-TackSpeed uses a different design to create tons of spin (any spin) but also not to react to incoming spin. I think the (inverted) pips are shorter & that may be why they do not react violently to incoming spin, even though the top-sheet is sticky (999 has an arcing trajectory and a block against a spinny loop can fly of the table but 2000 has a flatter trajectory and ball never shoots off the table because the inverted pips of 2000 don't react violently). TackSpeed 2000 is a very popular rubber and has been around for a long time & one of the best blocking rubbers (due to shorter inverted pips) and also best back-spin creating rubbers (due to sticky top-sheet). If you don't don't loop much on forehand, 2000 is a great forehand chopping rubber, used with long-pips on backhand.
On the other hand the massive spin reversal happens with (chopping) long-pips (the original long-pips after Scholer, but before Dr.Neubauer, circa 1975 and they locked horns again and again thereafter) by a different mechanism. A long-pips rubber's pips bend & store the top-spin energy of the incoming topspin, also with longer dwell time and release the stored energy with sort of spin "amplification".
Even without much wrist you get boat-loads of back-spin (spin reversal) if you use a chopping long-pip (primarily high friction & high aspect ratio & other parameters) compared to a blocking long-pips (primarily low friction & other parameters, aspect ratio is of lesser importance). You should try returns using cLong-Pips, with a loose grip (less or no spin floater), normal grip (more back spin) and finally with a tight grip and using wrists (super heavy heavy back spin but most of it had been stolen away by Eberhard Scholer in 1998 & in 2000, 2003 and 2013 by Adham Sharara, ......extremely shocking is the fact that Scholer-mentored Weikert had not stolen more back-spin...well, I think he tried with TTX , but in all fairness, he did try to steal all spin including top-spin)

PostPosted: 16 May 2021, 18:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

CHROMATICAL DIFFERENTIATION BETWEEN TYPES OF THE RUBBERS..

SOME GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTO THE SUBJECT.
-- Our Lord designed "warning coloration" for all toxic creatures as can be now found in the Animal World. E.g. we have toxic Toads in blue, and toxic Gnats in pink. Thus could every living man distinguish instantly a nasty toxic animal from an innocent one.
With the persistent view to better benefit all our table tennis players, we have now designed 'warning coloration' for all those disruptive & deceptive rubber materials to come on the market since after October 2021
-- Anti's all shall be in blue,
-- Long Pips all in pink.

Hopefully, ITTF will take same view of the problem after due consideration in the nearest possible future.

WE SECURE FAIR PLAY.

Yours respectfully
Mr. Igor Novick
national Ump in charge of racket control

People all are very positive of the innovation
some players feedback wrote:
Wow,
It looks some reasonable solution to enable players to instantly tell the nasty disruptive materials from normal.
Heh, BLUE anti's will be a really snappy colour and easy to discern in every situation at play.
JUST IMAGINE:
You see blue --BE ALERT of the anti
You see pink ---BE ALERT of the LPs
Great .... Nice idea endeed ...

WE SECURE FAIRNESS FOR YOU ALL.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!