OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Grass d.tecs GS
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2021, 05:32 

haggisv wrote:
CzopiarzePL wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I've now changed from the normal Dtecs OX to the Dtecs GS OX. I can't feel any difference.

really? you don't have a feeling that the fabric foil on grass is thicker and more hard than any other foil of other producer like for example pimple-ark or gewo?
For me personally there was a big difference. Especially on my blade. I play grass on my blade for 5 years, and when I put the new GS version on fabric foil I definitely feel the difference ;-)

Perhaps we play very different styles, or perhaps the blade makes a big difference. Also some people are more sensitive to the feel of the rubber than others... perhaps I'm lucky I can't feel the difference. :whew:

You are lucky ;) I stay with good old normal version d'tecs ;)

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2021, 22:32 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Dawei 388d1 ox/ BT ox???
I belong to the club of those who think that it is better to use a thin layer of glue under ox pips.The glue sheet does change the performance of the pips on some blades.That's why some people do not notice anything different.Some people like myself did notice a huge difference when I used a glue sheet and when I used a thin layer of glue .The kind of the outer ply of a blade + the glue sheet ALSO make an impact on the performance.Too many variables imo .

Let me please remind you all that the forehand rubber DOES influence A LOT on the performance of the LP.It is NOT the same if you use 1.8mm or 1.4mm on the FH or if you use a soft,semihard or a hard rubber or if the sponge is tensor or not .

Even with different 1.0 mm rubbers, the pip behaves differently.For example, on Grubba all + I tested juic 999 and Marder in 1.0, tell you what? the pips block much much better with Marder in 1.0 .

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2021, 00:47 

Blade: Butterfly Diode V
FH: Dignics 09c - 2.1 (black)
BH: Feint Long 2 - 1.1 (red)
I put on a sheet last night onto my Butterfly Diode V, and it was ridiculously easy. I didn't even put any glue on the blade, just opened the package, slapped it on, and cut with scissors. Total time was about 3-4 minutes from bare blade to finished product. Testing it out, I would say that there is a small dampening effect from the glue sheet. The impact doesn't feel quite as sharp or hard on light contact (I would estimate that 90-95% of the feel is there, but just a tiny bit less woody). If you get aggressive with your shot (hit, aggressive bump, or hard chop), the impact feels very similar (I would even say the same).

I've had a bit of trouble in the past with OX pips getting an air bubble between the blade and the rubber were my index finger sits, because it is always exerting a lateral force on the rubber. But with the glue sheet, I have no fear of any part of the rubber coming loose. I'm sold!

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2021, 22:34 

Blade: Donic Defplay SENSO
FH: Pro XP KTL
BH: Tibhar T Grass
Hello tt friend
for a blocking game at the table. which "blade" you recommend?
thanks

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2021, 20:34 

Tried lots of blades for my close-to-the-table blocking game. Came back ironically
to my original Tibhar defence plus. Reasonable price too.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2021, 21:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Geodor wrote:
Tried lots of blades for my close-to-the-table blocking game. Came back ironically
to my original Tibhar defence plus. Reasonable price too.

i did try the defence blade with dtecs-pretty good but f/h is terrible.
i think its a chopping both wings blade.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2021, 20:15 

Take your point.
My forehand is mainly a flat drive and usually wins the rally.