OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2021, 19:40 

Blade: Animus Victoria V (2016)
FH: Xiom Vega X 2.0
BH: Dr. Neubauer Desperado 2
I always liked this rubber, and usually i was using 1.3mm factory sponge. But i had 2.0mm sponge from DMS Mega block (which is used by Me on Yinhe T6S with 2.5mm sponge btw.), so I decided to do some "magic". Got from ebay set with Nittaku SCD with grass ox and t64 1.7. I never use ox pips, because chopping is way more funnier than blocking on table (for Me, dont judge). FL3 on OX comes with glue sheet, but its so weak, my rubber went off sponge in 15 minutes after assembling, so I used normal Andro Voc free white glue to complete this weapon. Here is a basic review, I hope, that my english isn't too bad to understand.

1: Chopping
Chops are very strong, but because sponge is dampening ball very much, I need to add some strength to my stroke, ball goes very slow and low, but with massive backspin, which is very nice, but I need to watch on opponent's topspin power and rotation, otherwise i might chop streight in the net. Rubber is very safe, its really hard to chop "too strong". FH chops are also very stable, but I like to mix it with a counters or just Filus's style forehand stroke (drive?)

2: Pushing
Pushing is... strange. I have to play it with almost flat bat, because if ill try to push like with inverter rubber, ball goes to net, always. But if played corretly, I can push with strong backspin, or without, depends on coming ball and stroke power. Its very easy to play very short pushes, even 2 hits on table while pushing vs backspin. Forehand push is easier, maybe its just my "quirk"
3: Blocking
Block are super easy to land, stronger topspin is better, sponge absorbs all power, and usually ball goes with little backspin or even whitout any rotation, but very slow, its very strange for the other player. I feel safe, which is the most important while somebody plays topspin, and push after my chop, i can go to table and just block next topspin, so i can get back and don't risk.

4: Attack
Because sponge is thick, i can play even rotation like BH topspin, or just flat attack from backspin, these are not killers, but useful for tricking opponents. I can do a FH topspin with this, and its even funnier when i see dudes are blocking to net, because ball was almost a "dead one"

5: Overall: This combination is very slow, even if SCD is a solid all blade for me. Tenergy 64 is also very nice, never played a rubber on 1.7, but it feels great, smashing and counters are best, even with my poor technique. And i know, rubber might be ''Banned'', because its over 4.0mm, but i see people playing tuned rubbers, slick pips, Dawei large, so I'm just ignoring them.

Will upload some pics, but atm I'm away from home.

Thanks for reading!

BH: Dr. Neubeuer Desperado 2 1.5

"The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Long Pips."

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!