OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2021, 01:28 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Dawei 388d and D-1. Troublemaker. Spinlord Dornenglanz 3. Dtecs. DHS C8. Friendship 755. Only in OX plz

Hey everyone. From this list of whatever you have tried (the more you've tried the better) if you don't mind giving your ratings from 1-5 (5 being highest/fast) on these points below:
1. Passive block rebound speed.
2. Chop block rebound speed.
3. Bump/shovel/hit speed.
4. Spin sensitivity.
5. General control

Thanks
Nick

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021, 14:10 

Blade: Butterfly - Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom - Omega VII Guang
BH: Dawei 388D-1 QUATTRO
Dawei 388 D-1 (quattro? not sure if that makes a difference)
1. passive block speed: 2
2. Chop block speed: 1 (surprisingly short and low due to grip)
3. hit speed: 5? (high control and grip mean you can hit hard, but have to muscle it a bit)
4. Spin sensitivity: 4 (fast top spin can really climb up on this pip, and you can push against backspin)
5. General control: 5 (overall a high grip inverted like lp, lots of spin and pace control)

Dtecs
1. passive block speed: 4 (ball launches off very fast and floats long against flat hits)
2. chop block speed: 3 (about average but does a weird float sometimes that stops dead in its tracks)
3. bump speed: 3 (pretty quick, but hard to place, couldn't control full power strokes)
4. spin sensitivity: 1 (very low grip, cares way more about speed than spin)
5. general control: 2 (much better for weird effects than control)

DHS c8
1. passive block speed: 3
2. chop block speed: 3 (had more success with push blocks, which had good reversal and pace)
3. bump speed: 4 (not much weirdness on bumps, but fairly quick and low with decent top spin)
4. spin sensitivity: 2 (as long as you don't mix up top spin and back spin returns are very easy)
5. general control: 4 (overall a pretty easy to use middle of the road pip with decent reversal)

Wasn't sure quite what you meant by these categories so I took my best guess. For example dtecs is a faster rubber than d-1, but I hit faster with d-1 since it's grippier and easier to control. Same with chop block, do you mean the natural pace the rubber puts on the ball? Or the slowest/fastest chop block you can do? Hopefully I gave a decent picture of the characteristics of these pips.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021, 19:00 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
brykke wrote:
Dawei 388 D-1 (quattro? not sure if that makes a difference)
1. passive block speed: 2
2. Chop block speed: 1 (surprisingly short and low due to grip)
3. hit speed: 5? (high control and grip mean you can hit hard, but have to muscle it a bit)
4. Spin sensitivity: 4 (fast top spin can really climb up on this pip, and you can push against backspin)
5. General control: 5 (overall a high grip inverted like lp, lots of spin and pace control)

Dtecs
1. passive block speed: 4 (ball launches off very fast and floats long against flat hits)
2. chop block speed: 3 (about average but does a weird float sometimes that stops dead in its tracks)
3. bump speed: 3 (pretty quick, but hard to place, couldn't control full power strokes)
4. spin sensitivity: 1 (very low grip, cares way more about speed than spin)
5. general control: 2 (much better for weird effects than control)

DHS c8
1. passive block speed: 3
2. chop block speed: 3 (had more success with push blocks, which had good reversal and pace)
3. bump speed: 4 (not much weirdness on bumps, but fairly quick and low with decent top spin)
4. spin sensitivity: 2 (as long as you don't mix up top spin and back spin returns are very easy)
5. general control: 4 (overall a pretty easy to use middle of the road pip with decent reversal)

Wasn't sure quite what you meant by these categories so I took my best guess. For example dtecs is a faster rubber than d-1, but I hit faster with d-1 since it's grippier and easier to control. Same with chop block, do you mean the natural pace the rubber puts on the ball? Or the slowest/fastest chop block you can do? Hopefully I gave a decent picture of the characteristics of these pips.

Thanks for the reply :up:
The chop block and the bump speed I just meant if we do the same stroke. But good explanation on the extra grip means more confident to attack harder.
I don't really know much about the quattro rubber but I can always look that up now.
I wonder if all LPs that have low friction with a 1 on sensitivity lack control like Dtecs as well :?:

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2021, 12:16 

Blade: Butterfly - Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom - Omega VII Guang
BH: Dawei 388D-1 QUATTRO
In general fast long pips with low grip pips tend not to have the best control close to the table. It takes quite a bit of practice before you're able to return no/low spin balls with them without popping them up, and even longer before you can consistently control depth and placement. At the same rubbers like dtecs and bomb talent make some really weird balls and are super rewarding if you practice with them.

I will say I found palio ck531a to be fast and have low grip while being pretty controllable, but at the same time it wasn't very weird and didn't give my opponents much trouble. Felt better chopping with it than playing close to the table, but at the same time I rarely missed.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2021, 15:34 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Ndragon wrote:
Dawei 388d and D-1. Troublemaker. Spinlord Dornenglanz 3. Dtecs. DHS C8. Friendship 755. Only in OX plz

Hey everyone. From this list of whatever you have tried (the more you've tried the better) if you don't mind giving your ratings from 1-5 (5 being highest/fast) on these points below:
1. Passive block rebound speed.
2. Chop block rebound speed.
3. Bump/shovel/hit speed.
4. Spin sensitivity.
5. General control

Thanks
Nick

For Reference I've played with 755, 388D1, TM and D'Tecs all in OX. Its been a while since Ive used 388D1 so Im just going off what I can remember.

755, 388D1 and TM are all more similar then different. They are all mid range grip and speed. To be honest I wasnt impressed with any of them. With enough practice and training I could chop, flick, roll, bump and block with all of them. 755 is a good cheap hit, chop and block rubber with moderately firm pips. TM has reasonable reversal and is ok at hitting, flicking and chopping.

The only real standout rubber here is D'Tecs. D'Tecs is very different from the above rubbers. D'Tec is fast and has the lowest grip of all the legal long pips on the market. D'Tecs is great for at the table blocking and bumping and serve receive. It is also ok for chopping. Due to its low grip its very difficult to add spin to chops unlike a grippy rubber like feint long 3. Attacking with D'tecs is very hard due to its low grip but if you can do it does produce very difficult balls for your opponent.

I recommend that you try a few different types of long pips and then pick 1 and stick to it and practice practice practice. In all honesty training and practice is significantly more important then equipment.

For what its worth I personally recommend S&T Schmerz for a all round active game. Good for aggressive flicks and side swipes. Good for chopping but not so good at passive blocking. I also highly rate Andro Rasanter Chaos, its excellent at flicks and drives and has very good reversal and produces lots of wobble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDTLWBa4zvo&t=75s