OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2021, 09:08 

igorponger wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9HjWWc9jT0

Liked 233
Xxxxxx today at 1: 49

- THOSE FUNNY LPs. .
TO HAVE OR NOT TO HAVE.
Make your own choice.

THIS is the tragicomical spectacle one beholds so oftentimes with casual players:
- a one, without proper physical training and without least playing skills, boldly takes up some peculiar LPs and leaps cocker-up to the table. This one often enters serious tournaments and, of course, he got bumps a lot on his head.
After watching the charming commercial videos on YouTube, he do not understand that table tennis is the most difficult sport to master, and one can get USA 2000 rate, by using inverted rubber, in some two years. And and you will never reach for 500 rate with the pimples. The advanced blocking game with long pimples will took you 5 long years at least.
Those witty merchants, as Dr. N., will always seduce the buyer with sweety fibs about promissive pips having a fancy disruptive effect that able to increase your potency by far, even if your both legs taken off and your both hands are stubbed. —and this is a complete lieing fib.

Yes, we clearly see that a Japanese old man over 70 years old can shake his scrotum loudly and surprise a young girl to tears, but a Japanese man does not use any disruptive rubber materials, he uses a classic short pimples and then he doing gym-exercises everyday. Only massive attacking play allows you to be a ping-pong monster, we can see the Japanese old man celebrated his overall supremacy in loud voice, and we felt much joy for him, I am the like character as the old Nipponese.

Speaking in open words , all the unsponged LPs is a pipesmoke CHIMERA, void of attacking potency. To my own taste, LPs is a funny material for the iddling recreationist, and nothing more. Something like a comical cap with many silver bells, smokers rolling all around the floor laughing.. ..

Igor, I do not see any valuable point in your poisonous observation. If you do hate and reject certain style of play then do not participate in a discussion of this topic.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2021, 09:22 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
redspot wrote:
igorponger wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9HjWWc9jT0

Liked 233
Xxxxxx today at 1: 49

- THOSE FUNNY LPs. .
TO HAVE OR NOT TO HAVE.
Make your own choice.

THIS is the tragicomical spectacle one beholds so oftentimes with casual players:
- a one, without proper physical training and without least playing skills, boldly takes up some peculiar LPs and leaps cocker-up to the table. This one often enters serious tournaments and, of course, he got bumps a lot on his head.
After watching the charming commercial videos on YouTube, he do not understand that table tennis is the most difficult sport to master, and one can get USA 2000 rate, by using inverted rubber, in some two years. And and you will never reach for 500 rate with the pimples. The advanced blocking game with long pimples will took you 5 long years at least.
Those witty merchants, as Dr. N., will always seduce the buyer with sweety fibs about promissive pips having a fancy disruptive effect that able to increase your potency by far, even if your both legs taken off and your both hands are stubbed. —and this is a complete lieing fib.

Yes, we clearly see that a Japanese old man over 70 years old can shake his scrotum loudly and surprise a young girl to tears, but a Japanese man does not use any disruptive rubber materials, he uses a classic short pimples and then he doing gym-exercises everyday. Only massive attacking play allows you to be a ping-pong monster, we can see the Japanese old man celebrated his overall supremacy in loud voice, and we felt much joy for him, I am the like character as the old Nipponese.

Speaking in open words , all the unsponged LPs is a pipesmoke CHIMERA, void of attacking potency. To my own taste, LPs is a funny material for the iddling recreationist, and nothing more. Something like a comical cap with many silver bells, smokers rolling all around the floor laughing.. ..

Igor, I do not see any valuable point in your poisonous observation. If you do hate and reject certain style of play then do not participate in a discussion of this topic.

+1 what Redspot said

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2021, 13:03 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I have repeatedly tried to read things Igor writes, but I usually get a headache before I finish. It feels like gibberish fed through an automatic translation program resulting in translated gibberish.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2021, 19:09 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Funnily I just made a private comment on this exact point to you!

Personally I find most "family" LPs are drop in replacements - I can play with pretty much any "non grippy" LP, with no positive or negative impact to my game. I've used Dtecs extensively, but it's expensive. I used Hellfire for a long time, and liked it. Recently I tried Troublemaker, out of interest. I used 755 for over a year, and Cloud and Fog 3 for about six months, I think. They're all fine. I'm currently using Dornenglanz again, which is a favourite.

I would say it'll make no difference at all to your development if you opt for a cheap LP over an expensive one.

I don't even know why I bother changing, given what I've said - but sometimes I think I just feel like a change. And for the first dozen or so shots it feels different, but I very soon forget that and my shots do basically the same thing.

I would say I find a difference between the more "grippy" LP and the more "reversy" ones - I don't get on with the grippy ones at all, but honestly if I had to play in a tournament and someone gave me an all round blade with a generic tensor FH and a randomly selected OX LP, I'd be fine - I doubt there would be any difference at all in my results.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2021, 22:25 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
LordCope wrote:
Funnily I just made a private comment on this exact point to you!

Personally I find most "family" LPs are drop in replacements - I can play with pretty much any "non grippy" LP, with no positive or negative impact to my game. I've used Dtecs extensively, but it's expensive. I used Hellfire for a long time, and liked it. Recently I tried Troublemaker, out of interest. I used 755 for over a year, and Cloud and Fog 3 for about six months, I think. They're all fine. I'm currently using Dornenglanz again, which is a favourite.

I would say it'll make no difference at all to your development if you opt for a cheap LP over an expensive one.

I don't even know why I bother changing, given what I've said - but sometimes I think I just feel like a change. And for the first dozen or so shots it feels different, but I very soon forget that and my shots do basically the same thing.

I would say I find a difference between the more "grippy" LP and the more "reversy" ones - I don't get on with the grippy ones at all, but honestly if I had to play in a tournament and someone gave me an all round blade with a generic tensor FH and a randomly selected OX LP, I'd be fine - I doubt there would be any difference at all in my results.

Yh I think at the time I made this thread I would have agreed. But having 388d and Dtecs to try at the same time same blade, the more I played the more I realised (at least compared to these 2 LPs) is that the Dtecs reminded me of tenergy back in the day. It just does more for less. Granted the speed of it can sometimes be difficult to control but sticking with it I should (fingers crossed) get that under wraps in a year. It is expensive but it also seems to last extremely long.

Let's hope curiosity doesn't strike lol. Definitely not interested in trying a different blade though.

Also yh Japanese LPs are definitely quite different

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2021, 07:31 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I would say the same thing about inverted rubbers! Provided they are in roughly the same class, the rubbers of both lp and inverted play very closely to their respective classes.

Just depends how much $$ you want to blow...

All in good fun, so long as you don't expect any rubber to make THAT big of a difference... testing equipment for enjoyment is one thing -- while seriously searching for a holy grail is pointless!

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2021, 07:11 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
"the more I played the more I realised (at least compared to these 2 LPs) is that the Dtecs reminded me of tenergy back in the day. It just does more for less."

This is spot on. Dtecs is so much faster compared to pretty much any other LP so you get away with a lot of sh*t away from the table. This is both good and bad as you will puta lot of balls on the table but it's highly likely that you will be a bit more hesitant when chopping which leads to less reversal. It took me about a year to control the rubber well enough to be confident to really perform aggressive chops.

I've used it for about 2.5 years and now find pretty much any other LP as pure garbage.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2021, 12:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blessed godsend to save your pocket. DRAGON TALON with a thin sponge is told as a worthy alternative.