OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Hallmark Tactics LP
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2022, 19:15 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2022, 03:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Croudy wrote:
This encouraged me to try Tactics a few more times :)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2022, 23:41 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Looks like a very good new pip. If I was still playing pips, I'd definitely give it a go.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2022, 19:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Def-attack wrote:
Croudy wrote:
This encouraged me to try Tactics a few more times :)
I tried it for about an hour a few days ago. I am still a newbie to lp ox and this would require a slower blade for me to feel comfortable and safe with it. Some blocks and attacks were crazy good but I also made many unforced errors. After one hour I could use it with some success but the pro's were not clearly more and stronger than the con's. I may try it again when I am more experienced and perhaps on another blade, but for now I will stick to Trouble Maker.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2022, 07:45 

Blade: Firewall+
FH: Victax 102 max
BH: Saviga 77 monster ox
I have switched over to tactics lp for the past few weeks. As previously stated its faster than troublemaker. I prefer slower long pips nowadays wheeeas previously i played mostly with dtecs ox. I found it slow enough to block fast loops, block is not as good as saviga super block but much more funk than super block. I get the most funk off my balsa firewall plus. Hitting with super block is much easier but no funk, tactics lp hitting needs precision, less easy than super block but easier than dtecs. It is worth a try. I have also tried it on alc blades, much less dusruption. At the moment this is my go to long pip, i will order another sheet, played only on balsa blades.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2022, 13:58 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I got my Tactics Lp and did compare it to Trouble Maker that I played for about 2 months. ( .06 mm sponge). I have the LP on each side of my blade: Off- blade, (Donic Waldner Dicon )

Pips: Tactics longer than TM, smaller diameter than TM, slicker than TM but stiker than Tm. the space between the pips are bigger. The sponge is harder than TM.

Depending of the shot it react differently as for speed, control, disturbance.

I you play passively, the pips are less involve, the space between the pips and the sponge and the base of the rubber itself make it goes faster. There is minimum wobble, and low strajectory and dead faster ball are more the kind of ball you will get. You will get this kind of ball on passive push, chop, block, lift and smash. I can also block a fast drive or smash at the middle distance of the table. (Usually very difficult to do)

But if you not affraid and play actively,to bent the pips, the pips are more involved. The long slick, and sticky pips are fully in action and actively creating more friction on the ball that I have seen on other LP. The ball thus has more disturbance,m ore cut or top spin of course, Chop are full of heavy underspin. Chop block are heavy ans slow.The push are creating more wobbling and ball falling rapidly on the other side of the net. I feel, I ever have more control when I do that. I really feel the bent pips grabbing the ball. I feel a bit what I was able to do with TSP PR-1R before regarding chop and pushing. I really hold the ball when I push agressively against the opponnent push. The ball is not flying upward like other Lp does. It is very easy to chop the ball to the other side of the table and returning easily the push that the opponent did to answer my chop. The ball creates then top spin with a low trajectory. Rarely sending my pushes outside of the table or creating a pop up. I just got more confidence of pushing faster and harder as he try to load me with more underspin. ( for a test, you chop the ball once and do a second chop almost upward vertically, You will see that Tm does not hold the ball that much. The ball pop up to the side. Tactics is still able to chop the ball way more upward.)

So all the variables that I can do is a full arsenall to answer the opponent shots. He like to push and then loop my push? I will sent him a flat fast ball. His loop then will often goes of the table as a result. He is near the table? I play straight shot that are dead fast and long. He play further from the table? I play actively and short ( chop block) and push.

I play both Lp and after 15 minutes I was convince. Tactics lp is the full package. After My first night, I was having more convindence then before with 2 months with Tm.

You can see all of these shot on you tube. They are plenty. The agressive chop block are specially short and spinny.

That is in essence what it make that LP so special. Depending of the action you put on your shot the speed

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2022, 16:02 

I just a bought a black OX. Measured it with a thickness gauge and it was 1.9 to 1.95mm, that's really pushing it. Got to be very careful with the glue, or it will be over the limit.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2022, 15:26 

I tried it out on my Re-impact blade. It was ok, but I like the Hellfire X and Grass Dtecs more. With Hellfire X, the reversal is about the same, can actively chop block better, and and push backspin or no spin. With Tactics OX, can't push backspin, and difficult to actively chop block, passive chop block was fine, trajectory about same as Hellfire, maybe a little bit higher. Attacking was good, similar to Hellfire X.

Compared to Grass Dtecs, which also I couldn't push backspin, and can't actively chop block easily, but the trajectory is much lower on Grass Dtecs and the passive block has more reversal. And the Grass Dtecs is much faster, when I actively push and swipe.

So if I want super nasty but difficult to control for myself, I will take the Grass Dtec's. If I want it more playable, I will take the Hellfire X. Tactics LP is ok, but is just less than either of the rubbers for me, so there is no point for me to use it.

And worse of all, I am in a city were the the umpires are super strict about rubber thickness. Tactics LP OX, when glued with just one layer on wood and one layer on rubber Revolution No. 3, medium viscosity, was already 1.98mm! That's really too tight. If I glue a bit too thick, it will be over the limit! Not worth the risk.