OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 23:45 
Super User

A Chinese friend give me a sheet of Neptune Pro in OX last week to try , out of the package it’s “almost” frictionless , still have grip when you rub the ball on it . But smooth when you run your finger on it . The spin reversal is huge !! I know it’s been ask , what brand or LP is similar to this , I used to play with P1 in 1.0mm after playing doubles in a tournament with her , she suggested I switch to OX , I’m afraid that i cannot get another sheet when she runs out , so I’m searching for a close to frictionless LP, TIA

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2021, 16:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
There is only 1 Neptune on the ITTF approved list, no "pro" version, so the pimples are supposed to be the same as the regular Neptune. So a sheet of the regular Neptune is likely to be the closest (subject to quality control).

The Pro version may have a different sponge than the regular version, which would be legal.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2021, 19:04 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Chopper88 wrote:
A Chinese friend give me a sheet of Neptune Pro in OX last week to try , out of the package it’s “almost” frictionless , still have grip when you rub the ball on it . But smooth when you run your finger on it . The spin reversal is huge !! I know it’s been ask , what brand or LP is similar to this , I used to play with P1 in 1.0mm after playing doubles in a tournament with her , she suggested I switch to OX , I’m afraid that i cannot get another sheet when she runs out , so I’m searching for a close to frictionless LP, TIA

Ive tried lots of long pips, the Legal pimples closest to frictionless would be D'Tecs, Talon or Dorneglanz. Of these 3, D'tecs has the lowest friction.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2021, 03:27 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
There is only 1 Neptune on the ITTF approved list, no "pro" version, so the pimples are supposed to be the same as the regular Neptune. So a sheet of the regular Neptune is likely to be the closest (subject to quality control).

The Pro version may have a different sponge than the regular version, which would be legal.

I figure it was not listed , it’s OX so no sponge, I had a club mate that use Hellfire X ox and it’s close but this Pro is slower with more spin reversal .

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2021, 13:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Chopper88 wrote:
I figure it was not listed , it’s OX so no sponge, I had a club mate that use Hellfire X ox and it’s close but this Pro is slower with more spin reversal .

My point is that for OX, the Pro version is likely to be exactly the same as the normal Neptune in OX, which is more readily available.
Of course with rubber this cheap, there's always likely to be significant variation between batches.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2021, 00:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
My impression is that Pro/national/provincial versions were not separately approved, but rather represented higher levels of quality control. This mainly involves the sponge, but I suspect that it could also involve the topsheet as well. Chinese rubbers are notorious for variation from lot to lot and batch to batch. It would not surprise me if that is for topsheets as well.

My recommendation is if you like your neptune pro, keep it and play it. If you can buy a few sheets of OX that you like it should be good for years, unless you are a pip breaker (and I am not).

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2021, 02:58 
Super User

Try every Chinese site and reach out to some people in China , nothing ! This Pro Neptune is nice, super spiny on reversals , now here a question, would the Dawei 388D be close , seen like they also have a pro version in the 388D-1