OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Victas Curl P1V
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2021, 07:55 

Gazzatron wrote:
I had a go with tsp curl p1r in .5mm , quite liked it. However, after a while, the rubber started bubbling up where I rest my finger. Furthermore, I've lost around 4 pips already. Pretty crap really for a pricey rubber. I emailed a supplier recently, who informed me that the new version from victas is exactly the same. Not surprising it's more expensive now as well. I'm not particularly interested based on the quality. I've a sheet of another tsp hardbat rubber, years old, it's still ok.

I had similar issues with P1-R that after about 4-6 months it started breaking in the finger area. Here is a thread about that viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31325

I was wondering if P1V would be better. So far it's holding up well, but this is bad news. Anyway I've decided to replace them more frequently so not a big deal for me, but for those that like their rubbers worn it's not great.

My blog

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2021, 01:41 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
It should be exactly the same. TSP is now just sold under the brand name Victas. I ordered a Victas P1V yesterday to replace my TSP P1r.

From Victas website where you can find all TSP products that are now sold as Victas brand:

In december 2020 we announced that TSP will be integrated into VICTAS. Here you can see an overview of all TSP rubbers and blades which will be continued with identical playing characterictics in the VICTAS design. In addition, there will be innovations and further developments for the VICTAS rubbers, which we will be announce soon.

All current TSP rubbers will be continued in the ITTF material list for at least 3 years and are therefore still approved for competition during this period.

We would like to thanks all of our customers who have been using TSP products for many years. We are sure that our many long-term TSP customers will also find the perfect material for their game in our new VICTAS product range in the future.

https://www.victas.com/en_gb/journal/it ... 2021-18-10

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2021, 18:10 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Tried Victas Curl P1V for one match but I changed back to my TSP because the Victas felt MUCH grippier and also a bit slower. The player I played against was C0 level (1700 ELO/usatt 2200?) so I have to give it another chance against a lower ranked player.

Now I'm wondering: is the Victas Curl really different (I doubt that) - or was it because the sheet is brand new and my TSP's are worn a bit.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2021, 01:17 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Somebody who can translate the yt-video from Japanese?

CzopiarzePL wrote:
Hello.
What is your opinion about new product from the Victas Curl P1V?

In our blog you can find video with comparison TSP Curl P-1R to Victas Curl P1V : https://www.czopiarze.pl/Porownanie-Curl-P-1R-Victas-P1V

What is your opinion about new Victas Curl P1V?

PostPosted: 15 May 2022, 07:47 

Gazzatron wrote:
I had a go with tsp curl p1r in .5mm , quite liked it. However, after a while, the rubber started bubbling up where I rest my finger. Furthermore, I've lost around 4 pips already. Pretty crap really for a pricey rubber. I emailed a supplier recently, who informed me that the new version from victas is exactly the same. Not surprising it's more expensive now as well. I'm not particularly interested based on the quality. I've a sheet of another tsp hardbat rubber, years old, it's still ok.

Update on durability: I've played with two identical rackets having Curl P1V 1.0mm since September (about 4 months of use on each). The wear on the finger area is about the same as for p1-r:
Image.
The sheet on the other racket is worse. I had to cut off a larger section that was loose.So if you like your curl worn you may need to but some tape under the finger area to prevent damage.

Pipsy wrote:
Tried Victas Curl P1V for one match but I changed back to my TSP because the Victas felt MUCH grippier and also a bit slower. The player I played against was C0 level (1700 ELO/usatt 2200?) so I have to give it another chance against a lower ranked player.

Now I'm wondering: is the Victas Curl really different (I doubt that) - or was it because the sheet is brand new and my TSP's are worn a bit.

Just replaced the sheet in the picture with a new one and its a big difference. New sheet is grippier and much slower. Notice it most on serve return, netting underspin and missing nospin. But the slowness makes it a bit easier chop hard.

You can really see the difference in pimple smoothness when zooming in on old and new sheet:

My blog

PostPosted: 15 May 2022, 18:00 
Super User

which is better for you? TSP Curl P1R or Victas Curl P1V?

PostPosted: 16 May 2022, 02:23 

scdit46 wrote:
which is better for you? TSP Curl P1R or Victas Curl P1V?

My conclusion is that they are the same (as stated by the manufacturer). Only difference is the logo.

Something that I've realized is how much Curl changes over time. Wonder if feint long or dtecs chances this much. Would be interesting to hear how often the pros repllace their Curl sheets.

My blog

PostPosted: 16 May 2022, 05:15 

Ruwen Filus has told in an interview that he changes his Feint Long III every month. His Tenergy every competition match.

PostPosted: 16 May 2022, 19:38 

freshman wrote:
Ruwen Filus has told in an interview that he changes his Feint Long III every month. His Tenergy every competition match.

Interesting, thanks! I guess that translates to about every 3 months for someone that plays 3-4 times a week. And it makes sense to change inverted often when they are free : ) But in my experience, the difference between an old and new 09c is much less than Curl.

My blog

PostPosted: 16 May 2022, 21:31 

magnuseffect wrote:
freshman wrote:

Interesting, thanks! I guess that translates to about every 3 months for someone that plays 3-4 times a week. And it makes sense to change inverted often when they are free : ) But in my experience, the difference between an old and new 09c is much less than Curl.

„Every month“ was out of memory. He says, that the pimples of his feint are getting softer after 2,3 or 4 weeks. And he changes to a new rubber before this happens, because he always wants to have the same condition of the rubber and no difference between an old and new one.

Interview:

PostPosted: 17 May 2022, 22:53 

freshman wrote:
„Every month“ was out of memory. He says, that the pimples of his feint are getting softer after 2,3 or 4 weeks. And he changes to a new rubber before this happens, because he always wants to have the same condition of the rubber and no difference between an old and new one.

Interview

Thanks, nice video. I think I've seen that one before, at least the part about Chen Weixing having the spinniest chop, but didn't understand the details with my basic german.

My blog

PostPosted: 19 May 2022, 20:42 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
I use the red version .Are there any noticeable differences with the black one?

Grippier? Slower?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2022, 21:11 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I tested both P1R .5 and P1v .5 .In my experience , I noticed P1R much more difficult to master.I felt P1v slower.Maybe ,there are some differences in the sponge hardness.
With P1R opponents misread the spin more often,the ball had more rotation.

Yes,with the limitations on pips at least this is one of the best for chopping,which does NOT mean it is fantastic as any legal pip nowadays has been forced to work much much worse than their predecessors.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2022, 17:40 

Blade: Hallmark combi
FH: Hurricane 2 red side
BH: Curl P1 r .5. black side
Good day folks. Is the only difference the higher price I wonder ? Sorry to be cynical.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2022, 02:33 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Why do most high level choppers use the sheet in red?
Any reason?

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next