OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2022, 00:46 

Hi everyone. Not posted for a while. Where can I buy a sheet of this long pimples?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2022, 11:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
u60479z wrote:
Hi everyone. Not posted for a while. Where can I buy a sheet of this long pimples?

Which one?

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2022, 19:28 

Neptune Pro in Black OX

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2022, 04:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Went looking. NOTHING on AliExpress. And I can't find any Neptune Pro with a regular web search. BUT there's apparently a Neptune Pro II. Looking in the LARC:

https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipment ... _coverings (search on "Milky Way" rather than "Yinhe")

there is just the one entry for Neptune - it seems to be an older rubber, since it doesn't have a ITTF ID code. There is NO ENTRY for a Neptune Pro or Neptune Pro II - when you see this it means they're using the same topsheet for all of the rubbers with the same name - e.g. there's the original Apollo, and also Apollo II and Apollo III, they all use the same topsheet. Since the various Neptunes are available "commando" (i.e. no sponge) that means the OX versions must necessarily be all the same. UNLESS Yinhe is doing something borderline naughty - using the same molds with different rubber compounds (or treating the pip tips with epoxy, like Dr. Neubauer used to do). IIRC Apollo II was non-tacky or less tacky, while Apollo III is really tacky - this, I think, they do by using different surface treatments - glue, in other words, which is why it wears off with use. Not sure if there's a corresponding thing that they can do to make long pips slicker.

Anyhow.. where can you get Neptune Pro II? Here are a couple of links:

https://shopee.com.my/YINHE-Neptune-PRO ... 0303262105

(Yeah, from Shopee... I don't know if they'll ship to you. Isn't exactly cheap, RM130 is about USD40. About what you'd pay for Rakza 7 from the same source.)

As I thought - the "headstamp" just says plain old "Neptune".

Plain old Neptune is RM20 (USD5) from Tenryu.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 08:35 

I recently bought a sheet of Black OX Neptune Euro. I have been trying it for couple of weeks. It is very slow with a lot of control. I can chop away from the table, block and hit backspin balls at the table. I like it and will stick with until the end of the season. All-round great Long Pips.