OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 03:31 

All 3 of these rubbers are on current ITTF LARC

Dawei King of Long 20-002 Long
Daewei 388 C-2 20-003 Out
Daewei 388 D-2 20-003 Long

Has anyone used these rubbers ?

I heard a little about D-2 but not much

I assume C-2 is medium pips. Wonder how different it is from C-1

I have no info on King of Long on Google search or elsewhere

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 03:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've played with 388D and D1 (IIRC), but since I'm not a long pips player I can't really tell you much. They ARE cheap, if you look around you can get them for about USD3-4 a sheet from China. Just buy some and try. Gluing them to the blade is a major pain in the rear, though - use a European (i.e. Donic, Xiom, etc.) glue sheet and save yourself a lot of trouble. The Chinese ones might lead to blade damage when it comes time to change the sheet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2022, 22:00 

Blade: DMS Cubixx
FH: Xiom Vega EU 2,0
BH: 388 D-1 OX
I am wonder about 388 D-2 - Due to some photos I guess, that this rubber has bigger pimples than D-1 and it should be softer with better deception but worse for control.

King of long - I guess, that this pimples are new 388-D.

About gluing - its not so big deal, use your glue just on the blade and everithing will be ok. I like chinesse long pips rubber, especially from dawei factory.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2022, 23:56 

As you can see in the second part there is a young player a do it well with LP´s (388 d-2)

here is the same player, but with saviga V

You can compare how the same player is able to play with two different LP´s rubber. For me is D-2 winner.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2022, 00:42 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Is this really what the rubbers can offer?...... a joke for a good looper ......

No offence intended

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2022, 21:03 

Sami wrote:
Is this really what the rubbers can offer?...... a joke for a good looper ......

No offence intended

you are probably not LP´s player, however, if you were LP´s player, you would see the difference when bouncing a ball off a young player's paddle

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2022, 07:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I'm testing the Dawei 388 C-2 OX and Dawei 388 C-2 1.0mm. Both seem to hold great promise! The pips are soft, wide, and widely-spaced.. like a hybrid MP/LP. The sponge is blue which is odd for a Chinese pips out rubber, esp. on a red topsheet.

The 1.0mm plays like a dampening sponge and plays slower than the OX on my wood/carbon blade. The OX produces significant backspin on chop blocks and chops.. sometimes causing my opponent to bury the very first such ball into the net as opposed to the second or third in a chop/loop rally. Against an opponent's LP the C-2 OX really shines, not being easily out-funked by the opposing pips. No evidence of pips breaking after one decent playing session. 388 C-2 could be the LP hitter's best weapon.

Thus far I prefer the OX for the speed and easier spin generation. More testing this evening.

Attachment:
PXL_20220407_213708624MP.jpg
PXL_20220407_213708624MP.jpg [ 56.18 KiB | Viewed 3913 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2022, 13:14 

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll
FH: Tenergy 64
BH: Dignics
nathanso wrote:
I'm testing the Dawei 388 C-2 OX and Dawei 388 C-2 1.0mm. Both seem to hold great promise! The pips are soft, wide, and widely-spaced.. like a hybrid MP/LP. The sponge is blue which is odd for a Chinese pips out rubber, esp. on a red topsheet.

The 1.0mm plays like a dampening sponge and plays slower than the OX on my wood/carbon blade. The OX produces significant backspin on chop blocks and chops.. sometimes causing my opponent to bury the very first such ball into the net as opposed to the second or third in a chop/loop rally. Against an opponent's LP the C-2 OX really shines, not being easily out-funked by the opposing pips. No evidence of pips breaking after one decent playing session. 388 C-2 could be the LP hitter's best weapon.

Thus far I prefer the OX for the speed and easier spin generation. More testing this evening.

Attachment:

The pips look quite big. I thought there was some limit on size of ratio of pips . Then how could this be legal ?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2022, 18:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
nathanso wrote:

Attachment:
Nice!
What blade are you using them on? If it is a rare blade, how fast and stiff is it compared to a more "well known" blade?

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2022, 03:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

My blade is the BBC NINE which is quite stiff but not all that fast for a wood/carbon blade. I don't own any commercial blades so I have nothing to compare it to. At the TT club last night using 388C-2 OX I was reminded of the MP lesson I've forgotten and relearned several times now over the years: Don't play MP's passively or you'll get crushed. In standard drills, 388C-2 OX was amazing, offering tons of gears and the same massive spin on chop blocks I had noticed on the first day playing it. My training partner was having all kinds of problems returning the ball when our drills would speed up or get 'less structured'. However, in match play, my instincts were still tuned to OX LP, which when used with 388C-2 OX generates slow balls that are easily attacked. After losing a match to an opponent that I'd usually beat 3-0 I switched to testing the Sunflex Ice Breaker OX and my game fell back into place. 388C-2 certainly has promise, and I don't think there's an equivalent OX LP or MP on the market, so I definitely plan on spending more time with it. Thus far, my sheet of 388C-2 OX has no partially-severed pips. I briefly tested again with 388C-2 1.0mm but found I prefer the OX. At $10 a sheet from eacheng.net it's certainly worth a go!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 02:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I played with 388C-2 1.0mm for several hours last night at my local TT club and didn't lose a single game against regular opponents I generally split matches with. Used actively, the 1.0mm 388C-2 is devastating against opponents. In particular, its ability to generate backspin on chop-blocks and regular chops is, by far, the best I've ever used. I no longer consider its sponge to be a dampening sponge (that was probably just me being tentative with an unfamiliar rubber). A lethal combination with this rubber is to hit a BH topspin drive followed by a BH flat hit to the same location. Opponents then generally hit the ball into their side of the table. And to my delight, this pip is able to do the Dr Neubauer 'mudflap' attack against short backspin. I don't know why this pip isn't getting more attention but I suspect that will soon change given how unique and effective it is.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2022, 06:47 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
This thread motivated me to buy and try Dawei 388 C-2. Wanted to try 1.2, but the local store owner (he is a strong long pips player himself) told me the sponge is slow. So I blindly decided to buy 1.5 mm black version instead.

First observations:
1) the sponge is yellow! Sponge is medium soft and very durable. Small pores, modest reaction to VOC glue.
2) C-2 pips look like ordinal long pips. Probably marginally shorter then required for LPs category, but still small and very flexible. I predict that pips will fall after a while.
3) Package and sheet look like average Chinese quality. Definitely not a premium product.

Play test report posted in Medium pimple category. While 388C-2 technically is not long pips it play very much like long pips and not like medium pips.