OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Virus 2 gameplay
PostPosted: 14 May 2022, 17:55 

Blade: Stiga CR 35/45
FH: Tibhar evolution mxp
BH: Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker
Some gameplay with virus2 and dms wizard blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGW0BCJjj_s

Post subject: Re: Virus 2 gameplay
PostPosted: 14 May 2022, 19:28 
Super User

OX?

PostPosted: 14 May 2022, 21:37 

Blade: Stiga CR 35/45
FH: Tibhar evolution mxp
BH: Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker
scdit46 wrote:
OX?

Yes.

PostPosted: 16 May 2022, 21:50 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I really like your style of play, the way you are able to twiddle and keep your opponent off balance on the backhand is really great. Your movement is excellent too. Thank you for sharing!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 17 May 2022, 07:55 
Super User

dwruck wrote:
I really like your style of play, the way you are able to twiddle and keep your opponent off balance on the backhand is really great. Your movement is excellent too. Thank you for sharing!

Agree! Great share. Thank you! :up:

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2023, 05:10 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I see a lot of potential in this rubber ( with sponge) for a chopping away from the table game mixing it with some blocking , pushing and attacking aggressively at the table .

I wonder if the OP or anyone has tested this rubber in the sponge versions .Thanks. :)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2023, 08:37 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
charmander defender wrote:
I see a lot of potential in this rubber ( with sponge) for a chopping away from the table game mixing it with some blocking , pushing and attacking aggressively at the table .

I wonder if the OP or anyone has tested this rubber in the sponge versions .Thanks. :)

You use P1R dont you charmander?? This rubber is more suited for a close to the table game/all round game. It is very similar to Hellfire X. I haven't played it in sponge so i cant comment but in OX its basically a clone of hellfire x.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2023, 09:47 

maric91 wrote:
Some gameplay with virus2 and dms wizard blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGW0BCJjj_s
What FH rubber you have? And how thick is the sponge?

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2023, 21:36 
Super User

Rob M wrote:

You use P1R dont you charmander?? This rubber is more suited for a close to the table game/all round game. It is very similar to Hellfire X. I haven't played it in sponge so i cant comment but in OX its basically a clone of hellfire x.

Yes, that's right.I'm using the supposed replacement
for P1r.The idea for using virus 2 is to have a mixed game so as not to depend on either chopping or blocking with the added benefit of attacking with a good sinking effect .

Being a clone of hellfire X must guarantee a great blocking ability.Bedides, the dampening sponge ,although the reversal can be diminished , should be very useful to block / chop the fast balls .It seems the control values are also high.

I already ordered a sheet in red 0.5 . :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2023, 23:13 
Super User

I concur with Maric.Very good disruptive rubber.Very good on active blocks/ chop blocks, flicks,sidewipes,pushing.Away from the table super consistent chops.Control is superb due to the absorption sponge .0.5 diminishes the spin reversal ,ok but with active blocks reversal is very good.Cons: passive reversal is very bad ,the only good thing is you can block very short when the ball is very speedy.Pushing and attacking backspin is fantastic,yielding many direct points .

Imo,you invest 35€ in this rubber and feel you haven't wasted the money.However,Dtchs is more expensive and overrated .Virus 2 is clearly better,offering the variation needed for this plastic ball.

First chop away from the table, though low enough,is not very hard to attack but consistency will make the opponent make mistakes by the third chop.

This review is with 0.5 red on Naraq Defensive Pro - very similar plys to Grubba all round +

Last edited by charmander defender on 11 Jan 2023, 23:21, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2023, 23:18 

I concur with Maric.Very good disruptive rubber.Very good on active blocks/ chop blocks, flicks,sidewipes,pushing.Away from the table super consistent chops.Control is superb due to the absorption sponge .0.5 diminishes the spin reversal ,ok but with active blocks reversal is very good.Cons: passive reversal is very bad ,the only good thing is you can block very short when the ball is very speedy.Pushing and attacking backspin is fantastic,yielding many direct points .

Imo,you invest 35€ in this rubber and feel you haven't wanted the money.However,Dtchs is more expensive and overrated .Virus 2 is clearly better,offering the variation needed for this plastic ball.
Dtecs is expensive but in return it gives durability for years. I wonder how Virus works in this regard

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2023, 00:38 
Super User

Gzubik wrote:

Imo,you invest 35€ in this rubber and feel you haven't wanted the money.However,Dtchs is more expensive and overrated .Virus 2 is clearly better,offering the variation needed for this plastic ball.
Dtecs is expensive but in return it gives durability for years. I wonder how Virus works in this regard

I concur with D.techs durability and great dampening effect and pushing.The rest is overrated imo.Nothing to do with the old version of D.techs .

For me it is too early to talk about the durability of Virus 2 but let me tell you , it is worth trying it out .

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2023, 07:01 

Gzubik wrote:

I concur with D.techs durability and great dampening effect and pushing.The rest is overrated imo.Nothing to do with the old version of D.techs .

For me it is too early to talk about the durability of Virus 2 but let me tell you , it is worth trying it out .

Did you treat the Virus 2 already? Treated, it plays like a charm. :lol:

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2023, 08:20 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Been testing it in 0.5.Safe chops from mid distance but easy to attack the first one.

Good low safe returns....excels at pushing .... reversal is about 7/8 out of ten for active blocks ....I think it is better to play actively as it is great at attacking backspin .

In 0.5 I did not notice too much disruption but it is still there depending on the stroke.

Certainly a rubber to consider for effective all round play .

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2023, 20:39 
Super User

Rob M wrote:

Yes, that's right.I'm using the supposed replacement
for P1r.The idea for using virus 2 is to have a mixed game so as not to depend on either chopping or blocking with the added benefit of attacking with a good sinking effect .

Being a clone of hellfire X must guarantee a great blocking ability.Bedides, the dampening sponge ,although the reversal can be diminished , should be very useful to block / chop the fast balls .It seems the control values are also high.

I already ordered a sheet in red 0.5 . :)

Hi charmander

I am also looking for a replacement for the Curl p1r 0.5mm and I have thought about Superwall and Virus 2 (0.5mm both).
What is your feeling with Virus 0.5?

I have tried Victas p1v and Stiga Horizontal 55 but both are more harmless than TSP Curl p1r

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!