OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 01:22 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Is this just marketing ?

from der-materialspezialist website :

" With SPECTRE der-materialspezialist has invented one of the most innovative and unusual long pimple rubbers that has been released on the world market.

Not only is the pimple structure entirely new, but also the rubber compound is unique with very interesting properties.

SPECTRE especially is suited for near to the table disruptional play with occasional play from the half distance and is hardly impacted by incoming rotation, whilst allowing the whole spectrum of offensive options.

The biggest strength of SPECTRE is the easy and safe blocking of hard loops and hits, which is enabled through the unique rubber formula properties which cause a deceleration of the ball. Hereby the ball has a disruptional low trajectory with a wobbly effect.

The sponge version of the SPECTRE enables a more powerful game, thereby the spin development from distance and also close to the table is excellent.

Despite the maximum permissible pimple length, the SPECTRE can be controlled excellently and offers highest control values.

SPECTRE: the colorful long pimple spook!

We recommend to mount the OX version with a DK-4 adhesive foil.
Direct application of any glue to the OX version significantly reduces the durability of the rubber. "

mmmm...... when I read about durability issues , it reminds me of Spinlord Dornenglanz,.....

Let's see those brave enough to spend about 39€ .

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 03:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
You know you want to :whew:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 22:24 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
You know you want to :whew:

I do want to but I won't.......with this 40 + ball little can be done to improve the nasty game against loopers and hitters ...... as we have discussed before , for close to the table play... the classic pips still really work decently : BT,Dawei 388d and 388d-1 just to name a few .....

DG is still, imo, the best pip for close to the table blocking and chopblocking .....nothing can be done to improve its durability .....I had my best results with DG on BTY Grubba all +...... got tired of the durability and stopped playing close to the table .....( for the moment ) .....

The famous Grass , Talon and Piranha are the best for pushing the ball but as for disruption and reversal, DG is unbeatable ,imo .

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 23:16 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
charmander defender wrote:
The famous Grass , Talon and Piranha are the best for pushing the ball but as for disruption and reversal, DG is unbeatable ,imo .

Followed by Talon....

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 10:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

PHILOSOPHER's RUBBERS.

A good many gamers still nurse sweety dreams, spending a lot of time and money in search for a mythic playing materials capable of
turning a fatty lazy one into a mighty player. They all are destined to recurring unhappy results, sorry.

HISTORY OF MENKIND TO GIVE us GOOD LESSONS.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 22:19 
Super User

igorponger wrote:
PHILOSOPHER's RUBBERS.

A good many gamers still nurse sweety dreams, spending a lot of time and money in search for a mythic playing materials capable of
turning a fatty lazy one into a mighty player. They all are destined to recurring unhappy results, sorry.

HISTORY OF MENKIND TO GIVE us GOOD LESSONS.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone

A good many loopers still nurse sweety dreams, spending a lot of time and money in search for THE ULTIMATE BOOSTER capable of turning a POTBELLIED lazy one into a mighty player. They all are destined to recurring unhappy results, sorry.

:lol: HISTORY OF MANKIND TO GIVE us GOOD LESSONS :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 07:06 

Blade: Stiga CR 35/45
FH: Tibhar evolution mxp
BH: Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker
I will post a video soon on my youtube with spectre make sure to check it out! OfficialPew on youtube.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2022, 15:22 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2022, 21:00 
Super User

Excellent review!!

I wonder why they do not test the rubber with sponge :^)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2022, 21:32 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
The big guy from the GeblockTT you tube channel makes all the different long pimples look good. Its actually really hard to watch his videos and tell the difference between rubbers. He can play the wide range of LP shots with all the different brands of LPs. He makes D'tecs appear as easy to play as troublemaker. The thing I find useful about their videos is watching how his opponents are doing, are they struggling against his backhand LP drives? or are they returning it easily? Do they return the side swiper? or do they net it? For example when watching the Extra Long review the big guy is hitting hard LP drives on the backhand but his opponents have no trouble returning it. When he does the dornenglanz review his opponent struggles to return the same shot. In this review, spectre doesn't appear to trouble his opponents as badly as dornenglanz.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2022, 01:18 
Super User

Rob M wrote:
The big guy from the GeblockTT you tube channel makes all the different long pimples look good. Its actually really hard to watch his videos and tell the difference between rubbers. He can play the wide range of LP shots with all the different brands of LPs. He makes D'tecs appear as easy to play as troublemaker. The thing I find useful about their videos is watching how his opponents are doing, are they struggling against his backhand LP drives? or are they returning it easily? Do they return the side swiper? or do they net it? For example when watching the Extra Long review the big guy is hitting hard LP drives on the backhand but his opponents have no trouble returning it. When he does the dornenglanz review his opponent struggles to return the same shot. In this review, spectre doesn't appear to trouble his opponents as badly as dornenglanz.

I concur with your observations.DG does bother even more.However,it seems Spectre is far easier to play with .

With this ball , easy pips = easy for your opponent.The only good thing about easy pips is that you can win by consistency,which is the route I am following right now .

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2022, 06:30 

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy