OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 02:32 

Hello,
I've been struggling with a spin reversal for years now... With old balls, I played with Spinlord Dornenglanz and it had so much spin reversal it was crazy. I know new ball reduced rotation so long pips can't return spin if there's no any but I'm trying to find the long pips with the most reversal other characteristics don't matter, just spin reversal and deceptiveness.
I'm currently playing with antispin ABS 2 PRO but it has zero reversal and deceptiveness so I'll switch back to d.tecs for now.
The only time I've seen incredible reversal with new balls is from a few players who I know treat their pimples (mainly Palio CK) heavily.

BTW I played with d.tecs and dornenglanz and they are almost useless now :(

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 07:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think the ones you're using currently are some of the best on the market, so you're not going to find anything significantly better. The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply or perhaps fast balsa blade.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 16:43 

haggisv wrote:
I think the ones you're using currently are some of the best on the market, so you're not going to find anything significantly better. The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply or perhaps fast balsa blade.

I think the same. In this time differences between rubbers I mean long pips are so generally weak so only way is - find the blade for each rubber to increase reversal spin.
To many long pips has a similar parameters because after ittf restriction producers of the tt equipment has no way to get another level of the structure of the rubbers before ittf restrictions

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 23:22 

haggisv wrote:

I use DHS Fang BO B2X because it pairs very well with my Friendship Battle 2 Provincial so I can't change the blade. It seems like my only option is to lower the friction of my long pips with treatment, I don't really want to do this but it seems unfair that top long pips players in my country treat them and win much better players (I'm talking super league players, top 30-50 in-country)

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2022, 01:12 

haggisv wrote:
The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply .

Please you tell me names of some blades haved hard outer plies like this yes for me ?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2022, 00:36 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
XuXin wrote:
I use DHS Fang BO B2X because it pairs very well with my Friendship Battle 2 Provincial so I can't change the blade. It seems like my only option is to lower the friction of my long pips with treatment, I don't really want to do this but it seems unfair that top long pips players in my country treat them and win much better players (I'm talking super league players, top 30-50 in-country)

A little bit of sunshine can also help... ;)

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2022, 02:41 

Blade: XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon
FH: DHS TG3
BH: Bomb Talent ox
I'm using bomb talent ox.
After playing with it for a few weeks the friction on it decreases and the passive reversal seems good. Decent funk also.
Don't know if it will work on your blade, have never played with it.

Or why not get a sheet of CK531A ox and play with it for a while? You won't have to treat the pips and reversal will naturally increase.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2022, 22:35 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Who cares? All Legal Lps are useless.If you happen to see a high ranked Lp user,they surely did something else either to the sponge or to the top sheet.

Why? Because if you want to compete at a medium high / high-level,the current LPs are ineffective thanks to the ITTF Policy of restricting LP performance so please, could you please stop asking irrelevant questions??

High level Lp users who read this forum for fun must be laughing at these questions.Of course,they will never contribute to this forum.Why? Because the LP threads are dead forever unless ITTF changes the rules.No new pip will give you excellent reversal or disruption .Period.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2022, 23:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Instead of focusing on reversal consider focusing on placement (where you hit the ball). Unless you are near pro I disagree that all LP are useless. I enjoy playing with them. I ain't gonna modify. I am going to train!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2022, 05:29 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Sami wrote:
Who cares? All Legal Lps are useless.If you happen to see a high ranked Lp user,they surely did something else either to the sponge or to the top sheet.

Why? Because if you want to compete at a medium high / high-level,the current LPs are ineffective thanks to the ITTF Policy of restricting LP performance so please, could you please stop asking irrelevant questions??

High level Lp users who read this forum for fun must be laughing at these questions.Of course,they will never contribute to this forum.Why? Because the LP threads are dead forever unless ITTF changes the rules.No new pip will give you excellent reversal or disruption .Period.

Pro choppers such as Gionis, Joo, Xi and Filus all use high grip pimples with low reversal and low disruption anyways.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2022, 09:51 

I am not playing to beat Ma Long, so I think I am ok at my level.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2022, 22:28 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I think chasing after reversal is a fool's errand in at least two ways:

1) It's extremely limited in its applicability - more is not better - it's just predictable, and any decent player will be able to cope with the reversal of spin. Against weaker players who don't understand, or can't cope with heavy spin of any sort, sure, it can be effective, but generally, I think it's a bit of a one tricky pony.

2) We're talking about comparing "not much" against "not much", compared to earlier times. There's no magic pill here - the world has changed, and if you want most legal reversal from a LARC-listed rubber, probably the best approach is a flanti, but really, sticking within the rules, you're just not going to find anything with "lots" of reversal.

I agree with vanjr and rob - there are other ways to play with LP which are more effective than relying on reversal... think about placement, consider playing some aggressive shots, or go for something which allows you a bit more variation.

I think I win most LP points by using my ability to control the ball, and place it somewhere difficult, either to simply cause them to lose the point, or to give me a shot I can then attack. Second most would be aggressive punches / pushes / flicks. I don't think I win many points "from" reversal any more, apart from against weak players who don't understand what is going on.

I would also echo what others have said, that if you really do want reversal, the best way is a very hard, very fast blade, and probably dtecs. However, that's a double-edged sword too, as the harder and faster the blade, the harder it is to control your shots, and the more likely you are to make mistakes.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2022, 11:57 

Spin Jack wrote:
moming wrote:
I am not playing to beat Ma Long, so I think I am ok at my level.

Umm that is quite interesting because you seem to make tons of posts analysing various rubbers / blades etc.
If equipment & rubbers don't really matter, why not just go back to hardbat or sandpaper or mover to TTX?

I am going to go on a mean mode, because either you are not understanding what I am trying to say, or you are just trying to act smarter than yourself.

I don't intend to beat Ma Long, means I don't need to play at world championship level. But in order to win at my low level, I still need to find the right gear to get an edge. I said nothing about gear not matter, use your eyes to read!

If you want to play sandpaper or hardbat, you go right ahead, but don't reply on everyone's post telling them they should play sandpaper or hardbat. Especially me, wtf? Between sandpaper and Ma Long, there is a huge gap.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2022, 21:21 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Rob M wrote:
Sami wrote:

Pro choppers such as Gionis, Joo, Xi and Filus all use high grip pimples with low reversal and low disruption anyways.

Low disruption can be, low reversal not.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2022, 21:23 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
vanjr wrote:
Instead of focusing on reversal consider focusing on placement (where you hit the ball). Unless you are near pro I disagree that all LP are useless. I enjoy playing with them. I ain't gonna modify. I am going to train!

That's ok for classic defender away of the table.