OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2023, 01:25 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
This thread will capture my findings, comparing and contrasting DHS Cloud and Fog 3 and C8 with and without sponge.

I have received delivery of one each in both OX and 1mm sponge - and I will compare them to each other. I'll be using 2 x Donic Defplay Senso blades, both with 651 on the FH (in max sponge). All LP sheets are black.

First impressions:

The topsheets are of good quality, as expected. The overall feeling of the C8 is that is slightly more substantial and heavier, and I feel like the sheet itself is a bit thicker. The C8 pimples are a little wider and a little less high than those of C&F3. Compared to Dtecs, both are slightly more tightly spaced. Compared to Dornenglanz, the pips have some texture, like Dtecs, whereas the DG pips are smooth on the top. Pictures to follow.

The sponge on the C8 is blue, and feels quite a bit firmer than the sponge on the C&F3, which is cream.

I'm going to get a few important matches out of the way before experimenting, so I won't be attaching them to either blade for a week or so, so watch this space.

Over all, I feel like the C8 will be a bit more reactive to spin, and a bit better for attacking and variation. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

PostPosted: 19 May 2023, 22:42 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
any update? :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!