OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bomb talent?
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2021, 00:55 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
So sorry about this!!! Some BT users will be furious!!! . Does anyone know the reason why BT will become illegal?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2021, 15:43 

Blade: XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon
FH: DHS TG3
BH: Bomb Talent ox
Croudy, could you provide a source? I really hope Bomb rubbers do not get cancelled as they are great; especially the talent.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2021, 18:54 

Nevermind, Ive found it.
https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipment ... rings/1771

I was not aware of the different webpage; I used to download the LARC in pdf format.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2021, 22:05 
Super User

A bit of bellyaching : I do not understand why neither the ITTF nor the manufacturer gives any explanation why the rubber is suddenly out of the LARC.I think the amaterurs, especially, those who compete in official leagues and tournaments deserve an apology.Let me remind you it is the amateurs that make both the ITTF and the manufacturer richer.

I was going to revisit BT . The only reason why I stopped using it was the fact that I had poor technique and few training sessions to master the no spin ball game at the time .This unexpected end is unfair, to say the least !!!!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2021, 10:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Attachment:
bomb talent.jpg
bomb talent.jpg [ 90.98 KiB | Viewed 1965 times ]

still alive and cicking.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2021, 17:38 

The owner of ttdd is in contact with Bomb and he posted the following on the German Noppen forum.
The reason is that Bomb came into financial trouble due to the corona virus, and failed to pay the renewal fees.
However, Bomb says that they are recovering and they have promised to pay the outstanding fees. If they manage to do that it is very likely that the ITTF will allow the Bomb rubbers to remain on the LARC.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2021, 23:54 
Super User

Dear Igor,

Yes, it is on the LARC until September, which means out of the LARC SOON,.... the result is the same,...out of the LARC,... ;)

Just hope they can manage to pay the fee,..... I make a call for every close to the table lp player in the world to stock up on BT and help the company get enough money :lol:

Just one of the few cheap LP rubbers that works with the plastic ball and it might come out of the LARC soon,..... live to see !!!!!!!

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2021, 13:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

MANY CATTLES TO WATCH GIVE MANY TROUBLES TO CATTLEMAN.

https://www.ittf.com/2021/04/08/meeting ... quarterly/

The items noted here as "expired" will not necessarily imply that the rubbers ought to be discontinued from the LARC. We still hopeful to see a separate appendix at the end of Larc,, with a full list of the rubbers to be discontinued, just the same as we have had in the preceding LARCs of the past.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2021, 05:27 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
The current version of the approved equipment list (https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipment ... _coverings) no longer shows any of Bomb's equipment as having its approval expiring as of September, so the brand must've paid its fees. So for those who wish to continue using the Bomb Talent rubber in competition after September, looks like they'll be able to do so.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2021, 22:31 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
The current version of the approved equipment list (https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipment ... _coverings) no longer shows any of Bomb's equipment as having its approval expiring as of September, so the brand must've paid its fees. So for those who wish to continue using the Bomb Talent rubber in competition after September, looks like they'll be able to do so.

Great to hear! I actually purchased a sheet of Talent with sponge last week to try out so it won't be a waste then :rock: .

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 04:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

MY DEAR FRIENDS

As being an incumbent of a racket control, it is so good for me to hear that some people belonging to this Forum are remaining in good faith to the Table Tennis Laws.

THANKS YOU ALL.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 09:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

This is some more updates regarding the LARCs that were introduced recently to the T4 document

3. The List of Authorised Racket Coverings (LARC)

■ LARC is published four times per year. The publication dates are normally April 1st, July 1st, October 1st and January 1st. New racket coverings in LARC – marked as NEW - are authorised from that day.
■ Racket coverings, which have been withdrawn by the supplier, will stay authorised for a 6 months period and they will be published on LARC with an expire date.

This is to say that the items that are going to be withdrawn from LARC will appear with an attached expire date.
So far, we don't see any expire date in relation to the Bomb Talent.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 10:03 
Super User

Great!! a friend of mine will be lending a sheet for me to test with different blades.His is black and some other friends who used it played with the black version too .

I wonder if regular BT users use it in black or red for a reason.Normally Chinese pips perform better in red; for example , I remember Palio CK played much better in red than in black .I myself use Dawei in red .

So what is best in your experience, black or red? back in the day I only used it in the black version ; I never used it in red.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 16:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
There was a few years between sheets and the red I used a while ago,black more recently.
I found the black sheet that I had was softer and more grip ,almost a slight stickiness ,this became apparent when the base sheet came into contact with its self and I had to separate.
I liked the black more

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2021, 19:21 
Super User

unorthodox_lp-er wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:

Great to hear! I actually purchased a sheet of Talent with sponge last week to try out so it won't be a waste then :rock: .

Hi.. where did you buy it from ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next